Concerned about latest FC4 info - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #101
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Not sure where that idea is coming from. No change is planned for existing modules besides the much anticipated MiG-29 PFM update...easy flight models and the option for invulnerability as well as unlimited fuel and ordnance already exist for those that wish to use them.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #102
BuzzU

Long thread to read but I have a question. Will the FC4 F-15 be the same as the FC3 F-15? If not will the FC3 F-15 be updated to be the same as the FC4 version?

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #103
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalEngine View Post
My concern is the current F3C modules will be simplified or dumbed-down more than they are now, to the level of a console arcade game, without the option to keep even the level of systems management the current FC3 modules now have.

While I do understand the majority of market share in the flight simulation genera is, shall we say, more interested in the air quake type of experience of becoming a Eric Hartman 3 times over in a single sitting, and if that's your thing there's nothing wrong with that at all, but, personally it's just not mine, which is the very reason I do not spend any moneys or time on certain flight simulation products which excel in that type of experience, but instead I purchase Eagle Dynamics products.

Also, the air quake model of flight simulation in multiplayer, generally speaking kinda draws the group of players with differing characteristics and goals, than what would be my personal preference to interact with, which is the politest's way I know to say it. Again, if that's your thing, nothing wrong with that at all, but, again, it's just not mine, which is, again, why I purchase Eagle Dynamics products, instead of certain other products.
I think it's more likely they'll turn MAC into a MMORPG for Android phones.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #104
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
Long thread to read but I have a question. Will the FC4 F-15 be the same as the FC3 F-15? If not will the FC3 F-15 be updated to be the same as the FC4 version?
The existing FC3 aircraft simply migrate to FC4 (MAC). They are not different aircraft.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #105
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
Yes. MAC is just a larger pack. The existing FC3 package and standalone F-15 module will continue to receive updates.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #106
BuzzU

Ok, thanks.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:40 AM   #107
DigitalEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalEngine View Post
My concern is the current F3C modules will be simplified or dumbed-down more than they are now, to the level of a console arcade game, without the option to keep even the level of systems management the current FC3 modules now have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Not sure where that idea is coming from. No change is planned for existing modules besides the much anticipated MiG-29 PFM update...easy flight models and the option for invulnerability as well as unlimited fuel and ordnance already exist for those that wish to use them.
I got that ideal into my head from the DCS World Newsletter - 13 July 2018,
Specifically this extracted statement underlined below.
Quote:
Each aircraft’s flight model, sounds, external model and cockpit is recreated to an exceptional level of detail and accuracy. Great care has been given to offer scalable gameplay that suits your personal levels and wishes. This includes intuitive and consistent keyboard controls between aircraft, selectable difficulty settings, option for more forgiving flight dynamics, and even the ability to fly these aircraft with just your keyboard.
I take it, or understand this to indicate all FC3 plus MAC modules will become functionally, basically the same aircraft, systems wise that is, just with differing flight models and wrappers (3D models) so to speak.
Of course, I could be completely misunderstanding, again...
GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
OS = Windows 10 64bit
Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
HTC Vive
DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel
DigitalEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:50 AM   #108
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

This is already the case for the FC birds- common keybinds such as 1- Navigation Mode, 2- BVR Mode, I- RADAR on, O- EOS on, etc. I don't think there's any danger of further simplification.