microhelis.de simulation controllers review and discussion

Recieved my collective base a couple of days ago, mounted it earlier today.

Great quality and feel, very nice size also, I 3d printed a mount for mine so it very discrete.

Might have missed it, but I have a couple of questions as I've not found a "manual".

How do I adjust the angles? Is it just with the bar that's below the axis?

How do I calibrate the sensor? Calibrating in windows did nothing and mine is off quite a bit, starts at 20-30% and goes up to 100% but then down again to 85%.

Regards

Robin

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:music_whistling:

I changed my mind.....

[ATTACH]165121[/ATTACH]

So the stick-tube has 30mm more length.

And I think the sticktube and the enclosure can be covered with a stick leather boot.:pilotfly:

Yes Yogi, added length on stick is a very good idea.

Remember, total length no greater than 62 cm.

Not sure how the boot would work. Maybe I'll install Plexiglas windows!

I appreciate your effort and care to make this work.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Yes Yogi, added length on stick is a very good idea.

Remember, total length no greater than 62 cm.

Not sure how the boot would work. Maybe I'll install Plexiglas windows!

I appreciate your effort and care to make this work.

I can make some carbon-fiber inlays.:music_whistling:

But I think the leather boot looks better.

for those who cannot use the sensors directly, for the Bodnar board exist the DIView tool. Which is linked in the shop in the board description.:music_whistling:

And here too: DIView .

regards / gruesse yogi

I can make some carbon-fiber inlays.:music_whistling:

But I think the leather boot looks better.

OK. Would provide better dust and debris protection as well.

BTW. I think the surface mount option will be popular as many sims are not mounted on decks.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

It's so good to have you back Yogi, you are an amazing asset to the community!

Also FU Photobucket! I'll have to move all my images over to IMGUR and link them all again.... like I need more work to add to my list!

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Hi Chic,

can you checkout, whether it fits?

[ATTACH]165149[/ATTACH]

We will design a boot for you too.:music_whistling:

Perfect!

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi,

this is what my wife made for my EC-120 simpit today:

[ATTACH]165260[/ATTACH]

Yogi, that looks good on the cyclic but I have some concern that the boot may effect the sensitivity and feel on the collective.

JUST CHOPPERS

Yogi, What do you think about designing a cyclic friction device like on a real Huey cyclic? The new VKB Gunfighter has a friction device as well, but I think that one requires some disassembly to adjust.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Chic,

Yogi, that looks good on the cyclic but I have some concern that the boot may effect the sensitivity and feel on the collective.

the material we use for my cyclic boot isn't strong enough to make a perceptible influence.

it is only a thin synthetic leather.

We have black and silver shining to make the collective boot.

regards / gruesse yogi

Yeah it's probably not very important to most people but I'd like it for use during startup and shutdown procedures to keep the stick from falling over.

I will probably just rig up something simple and cheap myself but I know you like ideas for features to develop and this would be a sweet little added feature for your Huey stick. =D

The leather boot looks great! I'd love a set of those myself.

Any progress on the Force Trim? For now I actually only need Mag Brake since I'm focusing on the Huey, but I imagine eventually I'd want the incremental trim function as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Trip,

a you sure that someone uses the friction, just above the floor, when starting and slowing down the rotor???:huh:

The FTR makes this function additionally when activated.:music_whistling:

regards / gruesse yogi

Hi Chic,

the material we use for my cyclic boot isn't strong enough to make a perceptible influence.

it is only a thin synthetic leather.

We have black and silver shining to make the collective boot.

Make mine black plase. Will also take the plastic inlays so I have the option.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi,

some impressions.:music_whistling:

[ATTACH]165360[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]165361[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]165362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]165363[/ATTACH]

Very nice !!

Compliments to your wife.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi,

today we got a cyclic grip from CH-53.

Can someone tell a productname to me?

Is it a variation of the B-8 grip?

IMG_0960.thumb.JPG.03455e330d7ac7ad7cf9e3799a95b715.JPG

IMG_0961.thumb.JPG.f2217dda73d455a74473cee9731e663c.JPG

We will design the upper part and join it to our B-8 grip and offer this cyclic grip as changeable configuration for our UH-stick.

IMG_0962.thumb.JPG.557486fe0e52bfac0baaa69ca3135172.JPG

The intercom-button seems to be with two directions: down for intercom "IC" and up for "PT".

What does "PT" mean?:huh: External com?

regards / gruesse yogi

Hi,

today we got a cyclic grip from CH-53.

Can someone tell a productname to me?

Is it a variation of the B-8 grip?

[ATTACH]165597[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]165598[/ATTACH]

We will design the upper part and join it to our B-8 grip and offer this cyclic grip as changeable configuration for our UH-stick.

[ATTACH]165599[/ATTACH]

The intercom-button seems to be with two directions: down for intercom "IC" and up for "PT".

What does "PT" mean?:huh: External com?

I used to fix H-53s, so as far as I can remember, it is the same grip as in the H-60, which I fly as a pilot. It is a B8 grip, just with the buttons wired up for what is required in those helicopters.

While I'm not sure exactly what the abbreviations mean, up, or IC, is for the ICS, or Internal Communication System. Basically, it only talks inside the helicopter to the crew.

PT transmits on whatever radio is selected (maybe it stands for Primary Transmitter or Transmission). Anyway, that one is for talking outside the helicopter.

Edit: Just noticed from your description, and picture, the switch is backwards from what is in the H60. Not sure why that is, but I'm sure they work the same, even if reversed.

Edited by heloguy

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1