Windows 7

I'm going from (as you call it) a mechanical HD to SSD.

The HDD is 1.81 TB (terabytes) of which there is still 1.26 TB left free.

But the SSD is only 250 GB.

That said, I'm sure I can move a bunch of crap from this drive to another drive (or partition).

I "think" I can get what I need to fit on the SSD. However, I don't know if the Partition will prevent this from happening.

I have already looked at other similar software to create an Image or Backup or whatever but it was almost $200 after taxes and foreign $$ exchange etc.

@ Sully Pa Z>> Which version of Acronis would I need to do what needs to be done ? And will the partition be an issue ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

Actually, I just contacted Acronis to find which product I'd need.

As it turns out, while the price is right, it won't work for me.

I don't want to move everything (including the contents of the partition) to the SSD simply because there isn't enough room on the SSD to do that.

So I'm back to having to do a Fresh Install of Windows on the SSD and re-installing everything. A giant pain in the A$$ !

Right ...You have about 550 GB to move so you can't move the whole partition ....load the new SSD with Win 7 ....then I would try to install the base version of DCS and once the folders are created just copy the contents of your old DCS over to the SSD DCS ...

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Yup. I have pretty much resigned to this reality.

Luckily I'm in no hurry.

I can load the system on the SSD and take my time with software installation.

And I can easily reconnect the current drive (or configure it) to be the C: drive to boot from until I get the SSD to where I need/want it to be.

Thanks again everyone.

Did your windows 7 have Sp1 installed from the start or did you install SP1 afterwards, because if it was after wards there will be a crapload of files left over that can be removed.

If your my documents are big, you could create a new partition on the free space on the hard drive and then create a fodler on the new partition and move your my documents to this new folder

If you can save enugh space on your mech HD to enable you to clone it onto your SSD

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests