THANK YOU ED (1.5.7)

terminator363

I have no idea what was done in 1.5.7 besides the tiny changelog, but nearly all my multiplayer stuttering is gone! The game no longer lags upon entry into a server. Microstutters have almost completely disappeared and I'm getting very stable frames. I would like to hear if others are experiencing this. For the first time since I picked up this sim it feels optimized! :thumbup:

I have been b*tching about this in many threads, now I can finally shut up

Keep this up guys, I'm a very happy pilot

Happy Bug Hunting!

I thank ED too for trying to fix the problem fast.

And highly likely the issue does not appear when your mission is clean from AI or when you connect to a server.

It will be fixed soon. Am sure of it.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

1.5.7 is a mess, HUGE stutters on all helicopters, this is talking about 1.5.7. This message is on topic

Perhaps review your graphics settings as I have found both 2.1.x and 1.5.7 seem to be somewhat more demanding on CPU and graphics then previous versions.

I have both quite playable in SP and from what little MP I have done in 2.1.1 so could be worthwhile.

Take MSAA and AF and deferred shading off PD to 1.0 for a start and work from that point to see what is causing issues.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Tried different variations of graphics settings. Kept getting FPS fluctuations: from 30FPS to 13FPS every couple of seconds (not using Oculus) in every server I tried in 1.5.7. Causes flight problems with Helos. Reverted to 1.5.6. No Problems--roughly 60FPS, SOLID....

A fix or any help resolving my issue is greatly appreciated.

Edited by BlueFalconMed

I run a hugely populated multiplayer server, has nothing to do with graphics settings. I just reverted everything to 1.5.6

Drew, I understand but let it loose.

The problem is that those who only play DCS connecting to servers don't see the problem.

And they will think, "why is the caucasus server offline"?

So a message to all those that have stated 1.5.7 is great:

There is a showstopper issue in this version.

It prevents servers running a lot of AI to function well.

ED is working on the issues. But as a result, a lot of serves are down in 1.5.7.

Once 1.5.7 is fixed, you may see the server population growing again.

Advise to rollback to 1.5.6, as there isn't any significant functionality added.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]