MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist)- enhancing mission scripting Lua - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #81
chromium
3rd Party Developer

yes

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.
chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #82
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Its easy enough to build. I already use something similar in a group to random point in zone function I'm working on. The only possible problem is that I have not tested what happens if you create a waypoint that is say.... on the black sea. In the past its crashed the sim, but I've also seen vehicles become hover tanks, so results are not guaranteed.

I'd also like to add that Mist will likely have two other functions that the "user end" scripts rely on, but they can certainly be used for custom use. One is "buildWP" which takes a table (route part of mission task) and a vec 2/3 point with speed and formation as optional variables. It then creates the necessary entry for a valid ground group waypoint and it adds it to the route. When you are ready to set the task you send a group table and the waypoint table to "goRoute" and it will set the task for the desired group. I think its required as it makes things easier to create a path when the number of waypoints can easily vary depending on how the path is created.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #83
chromium
3rd Party Developer

Understanded, I will look forward this functions .

Sorry but in the meantime I was thinking of another thing: It could be interesting to make a group under attack to change unit's position accordingly to a pre-defined template created in the ME.

I know that it's already possible by trigger system, but it would require to add a triggered action and a trigger to check conditions for any group. In my mind, instead, this action will be acting over a table of groups, in which anytime a group unit has been hit the group itself will activate this "emergency template" position.

The emergency template positions in my mind is simply a greater dispersal area, or an alternate units position setup in city area... something customized by ME build in templates creating function.

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.
chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #84
Quirkitized

Hi guys, I'm getting this error atm. I used MIST before, so not sure why i'm starting to get the error. I've tried loading via "do script file" or "do script", mission start or time more.

what did i break?

PC: AMD 290X. i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz. 8GB DDR3 2000
Toys: TrackIR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Hotas Warthog, Fiance...
Quirkitized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #85
Grimes
ED Testers Team

If you load mist up in an empty mission does it still produce this error?
Have you installed any mods or modified files in the scripts folder recently?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #86
Quirkitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
If you load mist up in an empty mission does it still produce this error?
Have you installed any mods or modified files in the scripts folder recently?
I tried an empty mission and it still produced the error, tried script file and just copy&paste for do script.

I use JSGME for mods and uninstalled all, still get error. I really have no idea what happened, I haven't touched the MIST lua file, and it worked before on some missions I made.

Maybe I will reinstall DCS and see.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #87
Quirkitized

Okay, did a fresh install of 1.2.2, updated to .7570 and it works just fine.

So even using JSME there may be a possibility that some files get a little messed up maybe, i'm not sure. I enable/disable all my mods when doing testing, so there is a possibility that something just went screwy. Thanks for fast reply grimes.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #88
Grimes
ED Testers Team

I'm rather curious which mods you have installed/unistalled that might have caused the issue...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #89
Quirkitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
I'm rather curious which mods you have installed/unistalled that might have caused the issue...
Grimes, here is a list of the mods I have. When I was getting the error, all of them were disabled. I then enabled them, and still had the error. Really, I have no idea what happened, I do not recall ever manually editing a script file or anything, I probably did something without realizing it. I have disabled/enabled the mods in JSGME probably like 50x. I really think it's high chance I did something, forgot about it, and then errors happen

Soldier LOD Fix
TACAN ILS
diveplane CA sound mod
smoke stack removal
Kuky's fire & smoke mod
ricardo ka50 bluepit
ka50 jtac
ka50 jtac pilot note
ka50 training missions
nvg mod

Old 02-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #90
Speed
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk! View Post
Grimes, here is a list of the mods I have. When I was getting the error, all of them were disabled. I then enabled them, and still had the error. Really, I have no idea what happened, I do not recall ever manually editing a script file or anything, I probably did something without realizing it. I have disabled/enabled the mods in JSGME probably like 50x. I really think it's high chance I did something, forgot about it, and then errors happen

Soldier LOD Fix
TACAN ILS
diveplane CA sound mod
smoke stack removal
Kuky's fire & smoke mod
ricardo ka50 bluepit
ka50 jtac
ka50 jtac pilot note
ka50 training missions
nvg mod
If it happens again, before you fix it, please upload dcs.log, and make note of the latest things you did.
MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616
Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979
Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mist