No Way

Mr_Burns

Wow, go buy the stuff yourself and save a few hundred bucks! It says they sold 2 so far.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

you're looking at $100 at least for the PVC material, it's not as cheap as you think because there are many corner/joint pieces that add up quite a bit.

I think there's 27x 90°corners (if $5 each) that's $135 already ;) than there's I think 12x "T" shape pieces and few straight pipes... you're looking at over $150 worth of PVC material there

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I guess if you want the most uncomfortable and unstable rig going, this might be the way to go. No lateral or horizontal support and just plain ugly.

My vote is to bite the bullet early, go to your local aluminum welder and let loose the dogs of sim-pit configuration.

After my own journey into pfc possibilites, cardboard and plywood potentials I finally just asked an adult to do it! ( I dropped close to $600.00 cnd just to find out I really didn't know what I was doing! ) If you don't have the tools or knowledge you can save alot, in both time and money! ( please see sim-pit albumn in Bmon40 )

Just me sayin'

Bmon / Picksplitter

Edited by Picksplitter

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

I made a racing "cage" while back using PVC tubing and it was simpler than this one (with lot less corners) and on top of my head I think the material cost me around $100 and I got it from regular hardware store (so you'd think they are not that expensive). I used the $5 just as example but the corner piece is around that price anyway so it's good estimate to show you wouldn't save hundreds if you went and bough the PVC yourself, plus there is some labour involved.

But I agree for stability PVC tubing is not the best way to go but also depends on design... in this case the holders for HOTAS will move sideways a bit.

No longer active in DCS...

you're looking at $100 at least for the PVC material, it's not as cheap as you think because there are many corner/joint pieces that add up quite a bit.

I think there's 27x 90°corners (if $5 each) that's $135 already ;) than there's I think 12x "T" shape pieces and few straight pipes... you're looking at over $150 worth of PVC material there

unless PVC is that expensive down-under this looks grossly overpriced.

Sucks for u guys, I bet it would cost less then $100 here. Remind me not to move there.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED