Mission 3. Cargo wont hook

trigen

Been hovering over the cargo for ages and it just wont connect. Tried to hook it manually but it just says hovering over cargo and nothing happens

The cargo is 600lbs but says its 300 in briefing. Should be updated.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Using 1.5.7 ?

Cargo sling load is broken in 1.5.7 for both Huey and mi-8

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Using 1.5.7 ?

Cargo sling load is broken in 1.5.7 for both Huey and mi-8

Im using 1.5.7. It does however work in mission 5 where you pick up a load and head down trough the valley. Maybe thats hooked trought a script of some sort?

Checked it out and it's currently bugged.

It seems that you have to be some meters away from the cargo before you select it from the radio menu.

That's why it works on the 5th mission. During the 3rd mission you start next to the cargo. So in order to make it work at the moment you have to take off, get some distance from it and then select it (and get the red smoke above it). Then you can get back next to it again and hook it. I know it's not the way it should work so I will ask ED if there is a fix coming or should I edit the mission.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Great, thanks!

I notice you need to be at around 48/51 feet for it to hook too

Im loving the challenges and you really need ro learn the systems to complete the campaigns!

Edited by trigen

really annoyed with this mission. I cannot get it to hook and if I do the rope tears immediately. I have no problems hooking in other missions or servers (1.57 and 2.1)

Don't know whether its worth skipping this mission (bit of a waste of money) or giving up on the campaign 'til this is fixed. I was really enjoying it until now.

I just tried Mis 3 again and didn't have nearly the same Frame Rate Drop (lag) that I had in previous attempts.

Furthermore, I did as instructed in this thread. I took off; circled within the compound; using the Comms Menu I selected the Cargo (smoke appeared which didn't happen before).

Using the Cargo Manager RCtrl+RShft+P I managed to connect while hovering and off I went without the Cargo disconnecting (as it had in the past).

Now Mis 4 is another story (for another thread).

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 1 month later...

Just so you know, cargo is still broken in this mission (looks like in a new way now with latest 1.5.7.8899).

It can be selected with F6, but I am not able to hook it neither with the hook button nor hovering (it says "entering the hook hover area", but it won't hook).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I confirm 1.5.7.8899.335 seems to still have it.

Has this bug been reported to BST? If not I can post there (there's little chance they read it though...)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I'm not sure. I've tried with a little test mission in attachment (just 3 cargos to play with at Sukhumi), and although I could hook the first and unhook it, as soon as I hooked the 2nd the helicopter got a lot of buoyancy and climbed quite fast, as if its mass was suddenly reduced dramatically. The vision turned black for a while, the cable snapped and the cargo crashed. Very strange.

Looks like the mass is not updated correctly, but perhaps it was just a glitch?

UH-1H.Cargo.Sukhumi.miz

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes, that is a know bug. When dropping the cargo, the weight of the helicopter is not updated. Hooking the next cargo releases the weight of the previous one. It has been reported several times in the bugs section and recently I made a video in one of those threads showing the problem. I do not think it has been acknowledged by Belsimtek though.

Anyway, they are different problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried away from cargo and F6 select cargo. Confirm red smoke and then fly back. Neither manual hook nor auto hook worked.

We 've been running some tests regarding the cargo hook problems that appeared after the update. It seems that the only way inorder to overcome this problem is to downgrade your installation.

I am sorry to say this but at current state downgrade is the only option.

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

• 3 weeks later...

So, from what I understand unless I roll back to 1.5.6, there is no way to do it in the stable 1.5.7 version ?

I tried flying a distance away and when I call the cargo it does get the red smoke but by the time I hover over it it disappears and it still doesn't hook

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I'm not aware of this specific mission, but yes - in general if it's about sling load, then 1.5.6 seems the better choice. You'll have less problems. I therefore actually have more DCS installed (1.5.6 for helicopters, 1.5.7 for online and 2.1 for Nevada/Normandy).

Same here 1.5.6 cargo works

Since 1.5.7 cargo is totally broken

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I have noticed that when picking up Cargo in the Huey (in a Cargo Mission I created myself a while back) that when you look outside at the Slung Cargo, there are 2 Cargo Hooks above the cargo. There should only be 1 hook.

I realize this is a graphic issue but it's all programming in the long run.

SnowTiger:joystick:

guys if you updated to the lastest beta yes cargo is working, I am at mission 10 already and they are working. check my channel. yes there is a double hook on sling it should be reported in the uh-1 forum under bugs and problems.

if you cant hook it, land very close, activate auto unhook, then activate cargo hook. it should work

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 4 weeks later...
guys if you updated to the lastest beta yes cargo is working, I am at mission 10 already and they are working. check my channel. yes there is a double hook on sling it should be reported in the uh-1 forum under bugs and problems.

if you cant hook it, land very close, activate auto unhook, then activate cargo hook. it should work

Nope. Not working. Tried like 6 times and gave up.

Nope. Not working. Tried like 6 times and gave up.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.