MIG 29C BIND PROBLEM

SFAL

Hello all

after a long leave from DCS i got back into it

Im finding that the MIG29C airbrake dosent seem to work. I have tried the default "B" and also on the hotas (g940). I ried all the buttons and none will activate the breaks. It will show that the bind is done while in config. :joystick:

No im not trying to extend them while the gears are down.

Also the "Stick Deflection Limiter" is a new bind. What does it do really? (is this all https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3662778 ) ?

I have a few thousand hours in DCS and I have never came across this sort of problem.

Running "Stable" Dcs 2.5.3.22877

Any help is welcome

Edited by SFAL

Airbrake is not working with weight on wheels or with center line tank. Real design limit

Stick Deflection Override is to turn off the AoA-G limiter.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The airbrake doesnt work if you have the flaps (or the landing gear) extended, it is as per the real plane. On landing approach use the airbrakes first, and once at pattern speed only then extend the flaps and the gear.

Also, the nosewheel has reduced turn radius if you have the flaps extended (for better control during take off and landing runs) ... so, extend the flaps only just before take off, and retract them once at taxi speed on landing, to have better turn radius while taxying.

The deflection limiter is an override button ... while you keep it pressed, you will be able to move the elevator further than normal.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Just to nitpick;

Airbrake is not working with weight on wheels or with center line tank. Real design limit

Stick Deflection Override is to turn off the AoA-G limiter.

The airbrake is disabled with the gear extended - also in the air, so its not just with weight on wheels(i.e on the ground).

Using the "Stick Deflection override" function simulates putting additional force on the stick in order to overpower the "pitch kicker", which is a mechanical function of the AOA/G system - so you are not really turning off the limiter, but rather armwrestling it into submission :)

The airbrake doesnt work if you have the flaps (or the landing gear) extended, it is as per the real plane. On landing approach use the airbrakes first, and once at pattern speed only then extend the flaps and the gear.

Flaps don't prevent use of the airbrake - only the gear and centerline tank.

JJ