X55 Rotary 1 acts as Throttle - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
MemphisBelle

Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle
Question X55 Rotary 1 acts as Throttle

Hey there guys,

I made myself a xmas present and got the X55. Most of the Inputs work well, the only Thing that makes me mad is that the Rotary 1 (the one on top of the Throttle), acts as Throttle.

I already have searched for related Topics and found one, but the answers there didnt really helped me out, thats why I am asking specifically here again for this particular issue.

I also already checked the Settings and deleted all axis Inputs for the Throttle device and assigned them new to respectived functions. So I got the Joy_X and Joy_Y (each is a single throttle) to either the left and the right Throttle. I assigned the Joy_Z to both Throttles. Ingame I now can use the Throttle for both or each of them and it works perfectly.

But when I now move the Rotary 1, so it has an effect on the throttle as well and I cant get rid of it. I checked the Settings and tried to figure out which Axis is beeing recognized as soon as I use Rotary 1 and I noticed that it is giving the Joy_Z Input. This is pretty much useless and unnecessary. Can anybody give me an advice of getting this fixed?

Thanks in advance

common questions? Read the ED Wiki
unanswered Support ticket? --> solution
Are you looking for specific information to certain Modules? --> check the DCS World Root page on the ED Wiki

Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 16GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Alkaline

I have only read your topic, but most probably the rotary 1 axis is assigned on the throttle in DCS. Clear every axis binds.
8GB RAM
R9 270x 2GB
SSD
Win 8.1 Pro
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:04 AM   #3
MemphisBelle

Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
I have only read your topic, but most probably the rotary 1 axis is assigned on the throttle in DCS. Clear every axis binds.
I figured so far that the Rotary 1 assignes Joy_Z to the axis (I´m thinking right now that I havent tried the input of the other Rotaries...would be interesting which Axis they do assign), just like the Throttle (both) does. A solution for the A-10C would be thus just to assign Joy_X and Joy_Y to the left and right engine and leave the both Throttle Axis blank. This will ignore then the Rotary input. But this is for the A-10C only (or any other 2 engine Jet that is about to come) and no fix for other modules that require a seperate input of Throttle and Axis.

common questions? Read the ED Wiki
unanswered Support ticket? --> solution
Are you looking for specific information to certain Modules? --> check the DCS World Root page on the ED Wiki

Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 16GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotaries, rotary, saitek, throttle, x55