Missing or Not Listed Commands

bonesvf103

I noticed in the manual that there are commands that are not listed in the dropdown list of commands that you train. So if I say a command that is in the manual, it's not recognized and thus doesn't execute. For instance, for AIRIO, "scan sector <angels> for <range>."

Or, there are commands listed in the manual but they are different from what's listed in the dropdown menu. For example, the manual says "Enable grid" but the dropdown says "grid enable." Which, when I say "grid enable" Jester says OK, but he does nothing. Same with changing the NavGrid heading or sectors or what have you.

Then there are commands that are listed, such as TACAN tune, and VAIMCOM PRO recognizes it but Jester does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I noticed in the manual that there are commands that are not listed in the dropdown list of commands that you train. So if I say a command that is in the manual, it's not recognized and thus doesn't execute. For instance, for AIRIO, "scan sector <angels> for <range>."

Or, there are commands listed in the manual but they are different from what's listed in the dropdown menu. For example, the manual says "Enable grid" but the dropdown says "grid enable." Which, when I say "grid enable" Jester says OK, but he does nothing. Same with changing the NavGrid heading or sectors or what have you.

Then there are commands that are listed, such as TACAN tune, and VAIMCOM PRO recognizes it but Jester does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

There is a whole separate thread on TACAN tune and similar commands - will try and point you to it later when I am on my machine.

In terms of the commands, some are command phrases and don't appear in the dropdown list but only in the VA list of commands for the profile. Again, will point you in the right direction later if noone has beaten me to it

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=272323 will give you the discussion about Radio Tune

for Sector scan it is worth reading the latest version of the manual page 43 on and check that the commands are all listed and add them if not - these are different from the normal command words when used - you need to say them as a phrase rather than leaving pauses between words

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=272323 will give you the discussion about Radio Tune

for Sector scan it is worth reading the latest version of the manual page 43 on and check that the commands are all listed and add them if not - these are different from the normal command words when used - you need to say them as a phrase rather than leaving pauses between words

Sorry to Bogart the thread - I'm afraid I have no idea how to add this command. I tried a 'when I say' line of "Scan Sector, Angels [0..70] at [0..150]" and a few variants of that, but the message I got from VA was "Vaicom dll undefined function call: context not set". Could you please give me the correct "when I say" line to scan sector by altitude at range? Last, I got it to "Execute external plugin 'Vaicom Pro 2.5' and wait for return". Could you please advise if that's correct?
Edited by Horns
Added details of previous attempt

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

It appears that the latest manual has an inconsistency, between the screen print at the top of page 44 and the text that goes with it. The text suggests that there should be 6 AIRIO commands in the extensions whereas the screen print only shows 4. This screen print might have been amended recently, as i don't recall this inconsistency when i installed AIRIO, just a couple of weeks ago, but that might just be my crap memory.

If i were you, i'd import the 'VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap' profile and make sure that you have copied all of the extension commands to the main VAICOM Pro profile, as per the instructions.

You shouldn't ever need to create your own AIRIO commands.

It appears that the latest manual has an inconsistency, between the screen print at the top of page 44 and the text that goes with it. The text suggests that there should be 6 AIRIO commands in the extensions whereas the screen print only shows 4. This screen print might have been amended recently, as i don't recall this inconsistency when i installed AIRIO, just a couple of weeks ago, but that might just be my crap memory.

If i were you, i'd import the 'VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap' profile and make sure that you have copied all of the extension commands to the main VAICOM Pro profile, as per the instructions.

You shouldn't ever need to create your own AIRIO commands.

Thanks for answering Greyman :)

I guess I misinterpreted hornblower's last comment. My 'scan sector' commands aren't working or being acknowledged at all, and I'd already updated the keyword collections, so I figured he was saying this command might need to be added manually. I did try importing the DCS Vaicom profile and that didn't make any difference either. So the 'scan sector' command worked for you without needing anything special done? If you have any suggestions I'm all ears (eyes?).

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Thanks for answering Greyman :)

I guess I misinterpreted hornblower's last comment. My 'scan sector' commands aren't working or being acknowledged at all, and I'd already updated the keyword collections, so I figured he was saying this command might need to be added manually. I did try importing the DCS Vaicom profile and that didn't make any difference either. So the 'scan sector' command worked for you without needing anything special done? If you have any suggestions I'm all ears (eyes?).

Are they in the VA list of commands for the VAICOM profile? They will not appear in the keyowrds list in VAICOM config

Are they in the VA list of commands for the VAICOM profile? They will not appear in the keyowrds list in VAICOM config

Hi hornblower793 :)

It’s not in the VA ‘when I say’ commands, even after the finish and paste steps. Should it be in there or does it need to be added manually?

Would you be able to talk me through the process of adding the ‘scan sector’ command start to finish please? I’m getting a little confused...

As it has a command of its own, 'Scan Sector, Angels [0..14,5] [at;for;] [0.30,5]' it doesn't need to also be in the 'when i say' list of the main Vaicom Pro command collection.

You therefore just need to make sure that you have a 'Scan Sector...' entry, like the one i have stated above, in your list of VA commands

Edit: This should be imported from the VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap profile, as per my first post.

Edited by Greyman

The Vaicom Pro profile, in VA, should look something like the attached image
Thanks, that explains it! Despite importing that profile again I don't have the 'scan sector' command under 'Extension packs', the list looks for me as the image shows. I'll add that command now, but just to be sure I'm not missing anything, could you please double click on that 'scan sector' command, click on 'Advanced' and select 'Execute an external plugin function'. In the window that opens, could you please confirm if the Plugin name is 'VAICOM PRO 2.5', the box next to 'Wait for the plugin function to finish before continuing' is ticked and the other fields in that box are blank, and if not, could you please tell me what you have in the other fields?

Thanks for all the help, I hope this experience hasn't been too frustrating

308716038_Screenshot(52).thumb.png.5a1ee2732512de72da50b91e95a41532.png

'Yes' to all of your questions about the 'Scan Sector' command, which i would expect, if you correctly import it from the .vap file, as per the instructions.

I wouldn't try to add that command via another route, as that might introduce more reasons for it not to work.

In short, just import the 'VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap' profile, select the 'Scan Sector' command, right click and 'Copy to' the 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World' profile.

Edited by Greyman

'Yes' to all of your questions about the 'Scan Sector' command, which i would expect, if you correctly import it from the .vap file, as per the instructions.

I wouldn't try to add that command via another route, as that might introduce more reasons for it not to work.

In short, just import the 'VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap' profile, select the 'Scan Sector' command, right click and 'Copy to' the 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World' profile.

I don't have any 'VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap' profile, the only one I have is 'VAICOM PRO FOR DCS WORLD', having downloaded and installed the latest versions of Vaicom Pro and AIRIO respectively. I searched my c: drive in case the AIRIO profile installed somewhere weird but it's not on there at all. Is there an alternative location I can source that from?

Something strange seems to be going on, so I'll uninstall VA, Vaicom Pro etc, delete all related data and downloads and start again from fresh downloads, so at least we know I'm working with a blank slate and not getting sideways due to some earlier error.

1. Open the plugin Configuration page and on the Config tab click on the EXPORT button.

2. The export folder contains a file called ‘VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap’

3. In VoiceAttack, select Import Profile and import this VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap file

4. Next edit the VAICOM PRO AIRIO profile (click pencil icon)

5. Right-click on each command (there are 6) and select Copy To.. VAICOM PRO for DCS World.

6. Done (the AIRIO profile can now be deleted).

Continue to use your VAICOM PRO for DCS World profile as usual.

1. Open the plugin Configuration page and on the Config tab click on the EXPORT button.

2. The export folder contains a file called ‘VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap’

3. In VoiceAttack, select Import Profile and import this VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap file

4. Next edit the VAICOM PRO AIRIO profile (click pencil icon)

5. Right-click on each command (there are 6) and select Copy To.. VAICOM PRO for DCS World.

6. Done (the AIRIO profile can now be deleted).

Continue to use your VAICOM PRO for DCS World profile as usual.

Success! Thanks, believe it or not I skimmed to where I saw the 'Scan sector' command mentioned... on the very next page :doh:

Much appreciated, fingers crossed something else in your day becomes inexplicably easier to balance this out

I think I got fed up and said scan angels [] for [] and it worked! Just drop the "sector". I think because it at least recognized "angels" and "for" and figured it out from there.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I take that back. This time when I tried it it did nothing at all. I gotta tell you, VA and Vaicom Pro sure are consistent at giving consistent results.

This time also, I started VA with Viacom Pro and for some reason AIRIO was turned off upon startup. Again, consistent at being inconsistent.

I dunno.

v6,

boNes

Just checking, but the module you had loaded, when you noticed VA/VP wasn't working, was the F14 Tomcat wasn't it?

I ask this, as the AIRIO commands will not work with any aircraft other than the Tomcat.

Also, can you give a little more detail around what you experienced, as "nothing at all" could cover a multitude of behaviours and potential solutions. For example, did the VA log show that it had recognised the commands and that they weren't being passed to or received by DCS or was it showing that the command wasn't recognised?

Yes, I had the Tomcat was the loaded module.

But, I got it to work again. The problem was I was asking it to scan a sector that apparently is not in the parameter range. For instance, based on the command as set up with VA/VAICOM PRO, you can't ask to scan an altitude higher than 14000. Or a range of more than 30 nm:

"Scan Sector, Angels [0..14,5] [at; for;] [0..30,5]"

I'm not sure how to read that line of commands exactly, but I think from looking at it I was asking to scan at angels 20 and range of 100 (IIRC)...both of which are outside of those parameters.

What does that line above mean exactly?

v6,

boNes

I also tried using "TACAN Tune Xray 074" and it would accept it but the TACAN wouldn't change. If in the Tomcat I have the TACAN set to pilot, shouldn't this command change the TACAN for me? Or is it reserved exclusively for the RIO and in which case I have to set TACAN to NFO?

v6,

boNes

If you're going to ask the RIO to adjust the TACAN, it would make sense to ensure that the TACAN CMD is set to the RIO.

Whether you can switch to RIO after asking them to tune the TACAN or whether you have to do it beforehand, I'm not sure, but i suspect that the former should work. In theory, the pilot and RIO could be tuned to different TACAN channels and just use the CMD switch to toggle between them.