[CORRECT AS IS] 20 mile ACM mode is hardlocked @ 10nm

In the real aircraft, all ACM modes search out to 10nm, besides boresight which searches out to 40nm.

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

In the real aircraft, all ACM modes search out to 10nm, besides boresight which searches out to 40nm.

confirmed this today when reading the manual included with the game starting page 116. ACM specifically page 127.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

perhaps changing scan mode?

BORE is useful for quickly locking a target within visual range (WVR) and allows a degree fine control as to the target being locked. The first target detected within 20 nautical miles is locked and automatically tracked in STT mode.

OR

In the 10° x 60° vertical scan submode, the radar searches an area with 10 degrees in width and 60 degrees in the vertical. The scan center is 23° above the HUD’s gun cross. This mode is indicated by a vertical line extending from the gun cross to the bottom of the HUD.

The lock range is 10 nautical miles. The radar automatically locks on to the first target in this zone. When locked, the target is automatically tracked in STT mode.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Even HUGE aircraft, it will never lock @ 20 miles, it's always exactly 10 miles or under.

So all the "20nm" modes , are in reality only 10 nm

You can never trust grim reapers.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Some MLU (European) models have ACM bore extended in range but one shouldn't assume the same applies to USAF models. Some F-16s are absolutely limited to 10nm initial lock range for all ACM modes. Whether or not that applies to the 2007 APG-68v5 variant in DCS I don't know.

I've heard it's because those MLUs are utilizing other systems to help them know where to direct their ACM bores BVR like TGP or data link.

The DCS early access guide clearly states 20nm for bore and 10nm for 32x20 and 10x60. No mention of the slew submode.

Yes, and 10nm is 'correct as is' ie. they have checked with their manuals for this implementation and decided that their implementation is correct.

So they probably need to correct the manual.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda