Gun rounds in zone - is it possible? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
sirrah

Default Gun rounds in zone - is it possible?

I want to create a scenario where the player needs to give a warning shot with guns

Is this somehow possible by using the "Bomb in zone" trigger? Not sure what abbreviation is used for gun rounds (if it's at all listed)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_06_30_09_53_14_Digital_Combat_Simulator.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	241322  
System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Sedlo

It's not there, you'll need to use a script... Below will set flag 200 to true when the unit name shoots their gun or rocket.

Handler = {}
function Handler:onEvent(event)
if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_SHOOTING_START and event.initiator == Unit.getByName('Unit Name Here') then
trigger.action.setUserFlag('200', true)
end
end
world.addEventHandler(Handler)
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #3
sirrah

Thank you Sedlo

You lost me at "you'll need to use a script" though
I have no idea where to even start with that and I'm too scared to open that pandora's box

Guess I'll have to rethink my mission for that part
System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
Old 06-30-2020, 01:32 PM   #4
Sedlo

It’s not hard. Just copy and paste the code into a “do script” action (far left column of mission editor). Don’t forget to change the unit name to whatever your unit is called.

Then make a new condition that whenever flag 200 is true, whatever you want to happen, happens.

I was very reluctant to dive into the world of scripting, but it turns out to be much easier than you think. Plus it’s very useful!

And there is no shortage of people here willing to help.
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #5
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedlo View Post
It’s not hard. Just copy and paste the code into a “do script” action (far left column of mission editor). Don’t forget to change the unit name to whatever your unit is called.

Then make a new condition that whenever flag 200 is true, whatever you want to happen, happens.

I was very reluctant to dive into the world of scripting, but it turns out to be much easier than you think. Plus it’s very useful!

And there is no shortage of people here willing to help.
Ok, I'll give it a go

Old 07-04-2020, 03:13 AM   #6
Rokkett

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
I want to create a scenario where the player needs to give a warning shot with guns

Is this somehow possible by using the "Bomb in zone" trigger? Not sure what abbreviation is used for gun rounds (if it's at all listed)

Another way you could do this is, for the trigger zone, create a new trigger and select the "On shot" condition from the pull down menu. In this way, any weapon fired, including the gun, should then activate the trigger.
Rokkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #7
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokkett View Post
Another way you could do this is, for the trigger zone, create a new trigger and select the "On shot" condition from the pull down menu. In this way, any weapon fired, including the gun, should then activate the trigger.
Ok interesting thanks