VKB or Virpil

I am soo waiting for the MCG grip / Gunfighter Pro bundle to be released in Europe. Hurry up VKB!

Same, but for the US.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just curious, but have you compared the Gunfighter Pro Vs the Fat Black Mamba Mk III?

The Mamba is not the Gladiator.

I don't doubt for a second that the clutches in the Gunfighter Pro will take the stick action to whole new level, with the ability to customize the friction. Therefore overall the Gunfighter will be the better stick.

I just wondered about precision as the Fat Black Mamba Mk III, from what I understand, has an identical all metal mechanism and sensors that is pretty much the same as in the Mamba.

To be clear I am not trying to be argumentative about this I am just asking the question to understand.

I own both the VKB Fat Black Mamba Mk.III w/ Extension, and the Gunfighter Pro w/ Extension. That said, the Gunfighter's gimbal now supports two springs per axis, which can be very handy when using such extended sticks. The clutch is nice to have, depending on how you like your stick to feel, but for me the stronger gimbal in the Gunfighter allowing me to double spring is far more important. But that's just me... :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am soo waiting for the MCG grip / Gunfighter Pro bundle to be released in Europe. Hurry up VKB!

:thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I own both the VKB Fat Black Mamba Mk.III w/ Extension, and the Gunfighter Pro w/ Extension. That said, the Gunfighter's gimbal now supports two springs per axis, which can be very handy when using such extended sticks. The clutch is nice to have, depending on how you like your stick to feel, but for me the stronger gimbal in the Gunfighter allowing me to double spring is far more important. But that's just me... :)

Thank You rrhode

You have me lusting after the Gunfighter Pro, I think they are available in September in the US, not sure about Europe where I am

I'll take a look and ping Eduard in September...............Dammm that would also mean another MCG too, this could get VERY expensive :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Thank You rrhode

You have me lusting after the Gunfighter Pro, I think they are available in September in the US, not sure about Europe where I am

I'll take a look and ping Eduard in September...............Dammm that would also mean another MCG too, this could get VERY expensive :music_whistling:

I feel your pain LOL...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you have to choose one VKB --> the GunFighter PRO

very good in flight ... I love mine now ; after 10 years with a Cougar FCC

Interesting. Is the GF stick good enough for the force-sense fans? I've been a big fan of FSSB over ten years, and never found any advantages of conventional gimbals...so far. Now I'm intersted in VKBs, I'd glad to hear more impressions or reviews from actual force-sense controller users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's philosophically different. If you like your force sensing stick, stay with it. The ability to combine a pressure feedback with a travel feedback is what makes many pilots (at least initially) prefer a traditional full motion stick to a force-transducer type.

Hey guys,

Am finally ready to dro psome more money on my sim rig, starting with a good new stick.

It seems these 2 are best. Which should I buy and why is it better?

(Im leaning towards virpil, cus of the much better grip for modern aircraft (more buttons)

I know the VKB MCG is coming out, but this would add again to the total cost.

VKB is an entire family of products that will make some great solutions........some delays do not allow to see the hole picture............

The throttle will blow people minds........as the other coming products.

Remember

From Mechanical upgrades to sticks changes, VKB offer a scalable system that allow you to build your simulator according to your need and your wallet.

and that's what we need, no more crap that is sell and forget, VKB already have offer parts upgrades to older product lines and spare parts etc.

that's is what I like, an entire solution not just a products.

I am itching to get my new Gunfighter Pro set up and give it a try, but still holding off for the new MCG grip. I needs me buttons lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

VKB is an entire family of products that will make some great solutions........some delays do not allow to see the hole picture............

The throttle will blow people minds........as the other coming products.

Remember

From Mechanical upgrades to sticks changes, VKB offer a scalable system that allow you to build your simulator according to your need and your wallet.

and that's what we need, no more crap that is sell and forget, VKB already have offer parts upgrades to older product lines and spare parts etc.

that's is what I like, an entire solution not just a products.

I don't get it, why rhonde can contribute to the discussion (and he's VKB dealer too), while you just shoot straight sales pitches - if nothing else, it makes just VKB desperate for a sale.

On topic of discussion - I believe both options are great. Neither however wins at the moment:

- VKB has a very good base out, but no grip (KG13 just does not have enough buttons for modern jets) at the moment. VirPil has a good grip out, but their base is not out yet (at least I did not get my shipping notice).

- Neither have throttle or rudder pedals out at the moment (though both promise them).

- VKB uses proprietary connection so TM grip cannot be connected to their grips - and lets face it, not everyone wants to have Russian style grip (they do promise to make a connector in future).

- VirPil says their base is not made to be used on tabletop due to its height. Personally, it's been years since I last used my joystick on a tabletop, it's just very not comfortable. Most of the time I put TMWH between my legs (if you haven't tried it - try it and see how more comfortable it is compared to the tabletop). VirPil also sells the mounts you can attach to the chair (I've bought one, but didn't get it yet as I asked for it to be shipped along with a base - I plan to attach it to my chair instead, but I'll also see if I can attach it to my keyboard pull out).

I don't get it, why rhonde can contribute to the discussion (and he's VKB dealer too), while you just shoot straight sales pitches - if nothing else, it makes just VKB desperate for a sale.

I think you don't understand why I name those things..........many others (not virpil) have done the opposite for years.

I like VKB for the modular, upgradeable design. (and there is message to vkb there ...)

It may be related from where I am when a x-55 goes for 600US.........

If something is not clear please elaborate.......I will not compromise a recommendation...............you can find hard discussion with VKB from my part.

Edited by RFC Rudel

And the problem I have is I'm looking for a new base: VKB does offer the base standalone anymore, and Virpil hasn't released theirs yet. C'mon guys...

The VPC MongoosT-50 Base has been released and is available :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is not available as a separate purchase and you only just started shipping. Nobody has actually reviewed the product yet.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's good, but I haven't seen any reports of people receiving them yet. Not a criticism, but I would like to see a review of a product before I purchase. Its a significant investment for a blind purchase...

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

That's good, but I haven't seen any reports of people receiving them yet. Not a criticism, but I would like to see a review of a product before I purchase. Its a significant investment for a blind purchase...

I think a lot of guys are waiting on this.

Still waiting on mine to ship, hopefully next week sometime.

Don B

Ok update,

Mine actually has shipped!

Cyph3r messaged me, he checked and said I should have gotten an email but apparently did not, it is on the way and I have a tracking number.

So hopefully here soon I will have my T-50 base and stick, extension kit, and desk mount.

I look forward to giving this new setup a try!

Thanks much for following up on this Cyph3r!

Don B

Ok update,

Cyph3r messaged me, he checked and said I should have gotten an email but apparently did not, it is on the way and I have a tracking number.

So hopefully here soon I will have my T-50 base and stick, extension kit, and desk mount.

No problem dburne! I'm looking forward to you receiving your order!! :pilotfly:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok update,

Looking forward to your review!:joystick:

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Looking forward to your review!:joystick:

I look forward to trying it!

Should be just a few more days now!

Don B

• 1 month later...

Experience with VKB Gladiator Pro Mk 1 and VPC MongoosT-50

I have been using the Gladiator Pro Mk 1 since November 2016, and the the T-50 since the end of August 2017. To make it short: the Gladiator Pro will not see much use going forward.

The Gladiator works very well for WWII fighters, but...

I had purchased the Gladiator expecting (naively maybe) that I could use the Gladiator base with both the native grip and one of my 2 Warthog grips. I could not make the WH grip work with the Gladiator base and ruined the WH grip in the process. So for a while I flew WWII with the Gladiator and modern aircraft (grudgingly) with the Warthog stick.

In the last week I have used the new T-50 (medium spring and soft center cam) intensively with WWII fighters, and it's at least as precise and friendly to handle as the Gladiator Pro. But I have also swapped grips and flown several modern aircraft using the WH grip in the T-50 base. It's really plug-and-play and easy to swap. And with the T-50 base, the WH grip handles very nicely. It requires less force and there is no stiction. This adds up to less effort and higher precision of all maneuvers. Of course, due to the excessive weight of the WH stick, I need to tighten the pitch spring for this grip.

When I compare what I got from VPC vs what I got from VKB and what VKB has available today, VPC gives me a better deal. And while the VKB followers are still waiting for the MCG, VPC already has it available. The quality is probably comparable. And I don't need a KG-12 style grip.

The only reason I still use the WH grip is the CMS hat which provides an extra 4-way switch plus pushbutton. These extra outputs are certainly useful for modern fighters, and I hope that one day there is a light-weight (but high-quality) replacement for the WH grip.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On topic of discussion - I believe both options are great. Neither however wins at the moment:

- VKB has a very good base out, but no grip (KG13 just does not have enough buttons for modern jets) at the moment. VirPil has a good grip out, but their base is not out yet (at least I did not get my shipping notice).

- Neither have throttle or rudder pedals out at the moment (though both promise them).

- VKB uses proprietary connection so TM grip cannot be connected to their grips - and lets face it, not everyone wants to have Russian style grip (they do promise to make a connector in future).

- VirPil says their base is not made to be used on tabletop due to its height. Personally, it's been years since I last used my joystick on a tabletop, it's just very not comfortable. Most of the time I put TMWH between my legs (if you haven't tried it - try it and see how more comfortable it is compared to the tabletop). VirPil also sells the mounts you can attach to the chair (I've bought one, but didn't get it yet as I asked for it to be shipped along with a base - I plan to attach it to my chair instead, but I'll also see if I can attach it to my keyboard pull out).

LET ME MAKE IT MORE CLEAR

I LOVE THAT QUALITY BRANDS WILL FIX THE CRAP JOY PROBLEM.

AND LIKE I POST I WILL HATE TO SEE VIRPILL AND VKB COMPETE, I WILL LOVE TO SEE THEM AS PARTNERS.

vkb have a plan but vkb is very hard on release their plans, I like vkb for modular and sexy designs.

and heated for other reasons, and I have hard discussion whit them, I like a scalable system even if I will not use the entire line, I know what's coming, but quality is vkb priority and take time, sometimes vkb make quality so important that time become his enemy. but I prefer that to the crap plastic Saitek.

If you ask me I will make 1 modern grip and put priority on throttle. later they can make many grips and many handles for the modular throttle.

From where I am a product line upgradeable and modular is ultra great.

the support can be made with minimum recourse and development or just both brand use the same.

I don't know virpil, but they have a hotas solution soon, something vkb don't have because they make priority design and quality.

I don't get married to a brand, Customers first, I have talk a lot on the forums about what vkb decision I fell really bad (I don't like the GL pro but that's my opinion) the entire line of products that they will release did make me think that this people have long term plan and not just another hotas.

VKB was always modular that's was his feature, options, spare parts etc.

when they release the gl pro with no twist (rudders required) and GF with no desktop model they went from modular to a market specific, the no twist was a deal brakes for many.

I think they went bananas, from scalable to require rudders????????????? I turn them crazy to change the market orientation, then came ecs for gc, and from my point of view you cant have a pro model with the same look and fell of the low end model. but marketing wise they need a little guidance, not matter how great the products are. the soft need to be redone. but cant ask all that when they are fighting to grow.

So I do criticise the brand I like, it may be for my job (43 network consulting) but I think that not do it will compromise my integrity. (and that's the tip of the iceberg, vkb sometimes don't talk to me because I am captain critic) but they listen to the customers and make design changes.

it may be because I am argy and them Russian :) but from 2015 I am with them and no hitman has touch my door.

Edited by RFC Rudel