Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Next discussion point:

Random Failures to ON

Thoughts?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would second that. Maybe just not enforcing it one way or another on the server would suffice. That way people can opt out of self inflicted punishment for the sake of realism... Lol.

EDIT (additional meanderings): After some mucking about I have come to some very early understandings about other missile systems. I understand everyone's gripe and that being said, I still stick to my initial conclusion that most Su-27 drivers are trying to force a merge that the mirage has an advantage in (head on and under speed). However I have noticed that both the R-27R/T and the AIM-7 are much more susceptible to chaff and flare than the 530. That being said, the mirage has a limited capacity for such countermeasures, unless the eclair pod is equipped. Since balance is mostly about managing resources I might extend an alternate solution; restricting this attachment. This would level the playing field for both the F-15 and Su-27/Mig-29 a bit more. At the same time, it would not prevent people from choosing the mirage and those that do would find an additional challenge in managing countermeasures effectively.

Edited by Pheonix0869

Server was quite laggy yesterday. Had a 6sec lag / freeze and the worst possible moment... down in some vally. End of lag = end of sortie as my plane crashed into the mountains. Kind of annoying.

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

We need a way to clear out the persistent units... Maybe when you take over a whole PAK the enemy units are cleared? Or maybe when you take an objective anything within a 20km radius is cleared?

I dont have a good answer but I've seen KUBs stay put now for days with no ammo.. Blue now owns all of PAK3 with the exception of Nalchick and MV but all the kub sites / iglas are cluttering up the map even though they have been out of ammo for ages (Im watching a10s and blue m2ks fly over without being engaged.)

TJ

I'm beginning to think you guys just plain don't like this game very much or it's just not for you.

You keep trying to argue and convince me that my opinion is wrong at everything I say as if I'm the one you need to convince to get what you want.

I gave up arguing with you yesterday. You clearly dont understand the deficiencies the SU27 has against the head on M2k.

I also gave up arguing for DL as Cribob already made it clear he is working on it to address the deficiencies.

I think we can put this one to bed for the time being.

TJ

Server was quite laggy yesterday. Had a 6sec lag / freeze and the worst possible moment... down in some vally. End of lag = end of sortie as my plane crashed into the mountains. Kind of annoying.

There is client side and server side freeze, did you confirm this with others ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

We need a way to clear out the persistent units... Maybe when you take over a whole PAK the enemy units are cleared? Or maybe when you take an objective anything within a 20km radius is cleared?

I dont have a good answer but I've seen KUBs stay put now for days with no ammo.. Blue now owns all of PAK3 with the exception of Nalchick and MV but all the kub sites / iglas are cluttering up the map even though they have been out of ammo for ages (Im watching a10s and blue m2ks fly over without being engaged.)

TJ

I hope the red side get sams on the airbases in pak 3 as well.

Would also be nice if the Sa-6s was working after restart as well. Right now they do not fire and are not moveable after restart. Bit maybe this is a ED problem.

Skickat från min GT-S7275R via Tapatalk

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

I hope the red side get sams on the airbases in pak 3 as well.

Would also be nice if the Sa-6s was working after restart as well. Right now they do not fire and are not moveable after restart. Bit maybe this is a ED problem.

Skickat från min GT-S7275R via Tapatalk

Kubs are indeed working after restarts. That one may have been out of ammo or without the radar.

Yesterday and today i flown on the server with red ka50...i saw that there are not farp but the kamov takeoff from ground and i can't rearm or refuel...

I have another question :

to conquer an enemy farp/airport/samsite/city etc...after kill all the units whai must i do for conquer those...thanks a lot.

Sorry of the question was already answered but i see on tapatalk that this tread have 258 pages to read.

Thanks.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X008D utilizzando Tapatalk

Yesterday and today i flown on the server with red ka50...i saw that there are not farp but the kamov takeoff from ground and i can't rearm or refuel...

I have another question :

to conquer an enemy farp/airport/samsite/city etc...after kill all the units whai must i do for conquer those...thanks a lot.

Sorry of the question was already answered but i see on tapatalk that this tread have 258 pages to read.

Thanks.

FARP platforms where you rearm and refuel are just a kilometer or so away from where the helicopters spawn, you just have to find them.

Once you destroy all of the enemy units you will see a notification that the objective is closed and ready for capture. You will then need to use a transport helicopter (Huey or Mi-8 ) to bring Standard Troops (you load them by using the F10 radio menu CTLD commands) to the area (land near the objective and use F10 radio menu CTLD commands to unload them). This is usually only accomplished by teamwork and multiple people since the enemy units will begin respawning 30-45 minutes after you start the attack on the first unit. Also, once the enemy objective is closed and all the units are destroyed enemy infantry will spawn at the area and need to be found/destroyed before you can capture.

Confirmed the Gazelle M works cooperatively on 104th, Reese and I were able to spawn in to the same chopper with no issue so idk whats wrong with it on Blueflag.

Shameless bump since there has been a lot of hooblah between when I posted this and now.

Server limit has been raised to 70 players.

We would like to push the limits after changes made to Blue Flag and see if we can raise the maximum players permanently without any lag effect.

If you find any out of the ordinary lag in high capacity load of players in the server, please let us know.

When I write out of the ordinary is because lag in online play will always be there, it is important to distinguish between constant lag, momentary lag and if it is server side or client side as sometimes it could be individual due to your own connection.

We mostly want to know about constant lags that happen to all or most players, or momentary lags that keep appearing at certain events, again to all or most players.

Thank you all for the help with this testing phase as we push DCS limits, we hope to get to a new stage in progressive online with DCS.

FARP platforms where you rearm and refuel are just a kilometer or so away from where the helicopters spawn, you just have to find them.

Once you destroy all of the enemy units you will see a notification that the objective is closed and ready for capture. You will then need to use a transport helicopter (Huey or Mi-8 ) to bring Standard Troops (you load them by using the F10 radio menu CTLD commands) to the area (land near the objective and use F10 radio menu CTLD commands to unload them). This is usually only accomplished by teamwork and multiple people since the enemy units will begin respawning 30-45 minutes after you start the attack on the first unit. Also, once the enemy objective is closed and all the units are destroyed enemy infantry will spawn at the area and need to be found/destroyed before you can capture.

Thanks.

Server limit has been raised to 70 players.

We would like to push the limits after changes made to Blue Flag and see if we can raise the maximum players permanently without any lag effect.

If you find any out of the ordinary lag in high capacity load of players in the server, please let us know.

When I write out of the ordinary is because lag in online play will always be there, it is important to distinguish between constant lag, momentary lag and if it is server side or client side as sometimes it could be individual due to your own connection.

We mostly want to know about constant lags that happen to all or most players, or momentary lags that keep appearing at certain events, again to all or most players.

Thank you all for the help with this testing phase as we push DCS limits, we hope to get to a new stage in progressive online with DCS.

Mostly when someone joins with 350 ping and everything looks like star-trek warp speed, Any chance of having a round of F-86's vs Mig-15's? Really enjoyed the blue case stuff better with Normandy now out tho, Even an F-5 vs Mig-21 round, Just to break up the modern stuff, Ill be honest the first 6 rounds were great, SR does not help me either as getting the overlay on top does not work for me either which sucks to.

When blue took Krasnaya FARP tonight, the 1st UH-1 spawn selection would spawn me at Martvili FARP instead. The second slot worked just fine though.

Unrelated...there is a Ka50 spawn that is labeled incorrectly at Oni farp...or the Ka50 doesn't belong there and is supposed to be a transport heli.

Anyone who experiences high ping we might be able to slash it down with 20-30ms if you post your IP (just post the first 3 octets so we see it as 255.255.255.X, this is not identifying and you cannot be hacked).

Cool to see if the server can handle the load 70p.

If we ever get a dedicated binary without the need for DX11 it opens up endless possibilities for using server with much higher single thread performance than what is running today.

What is the CPU utilization right now? @DevOps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think DCS can't handle these numbers, there were microlags all over the place reminiscent of round 5, ~60 players on the server, same problem for pretty much everyone (one dude had 330ping, no one else higher than 200)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Recommend that some indication of repair time elapsed for each target is displayed in PAK intel.

Can just put how much time elapsed since the repair countdown started (so there's still uncertainty if you want repair times to have a RNG distribution associated).

I have, on numerous occasions now, gone to try and find the infantry to shoot up and had the whole FARP respawn to shoot me down before I could find the infantry. Also, the infantry either need to be present before FARP close, or they should be taken out. These guys are bloody annoying because you can't find them unless they are shooting you. If you're in a helo, that means you are probably getting shot down. If you are in a plane, well...good luck finding them at all, and continue circling until respawn of air defenses.

Recommend that some indication of repair time elapsed for each target is displayed in PAK intel.

Can just put how much time elapsed since the repair countdown started (so there's still uncertainty if you want repair times to have a RNG distribution associated).

I have, on numerous occasions now, gone to try and find the infantry to shoot up and had the whole FARP respawn to shoot me down before I could find the infantry. Also, the infantry either need to be present before FARP close, or they should be taken out. These guys are bloody annoying because you can't find them unless they are shooting you. If you're in a helo, that means you are probably getting shot down. If you are in a plane, well...good luck finding them at all, and continue circling until respawn of air defenses.

Someone bring a JTAC

Someone bring a JTAC

I've actually wondered if we could limit the crates you could carry via weight instead of "just one."

For instance, you could bring a jtac and a stinger but you couldn't bring a launcher and a radar. You probably shouldn't be able to bring a jtac and a repair crate. You could carry two stingers. Etc etc.

TJ

Lemoen called it. The jtac solves this problem and makes it pretty easy. I really enjoy the added difficulty in farp capture as it requires you to be strategic in what you carry in the helo. Jtac makes it easy but your gonna have to wait five to ten mins to then be able to spawn at the farp (it has to repair before you can spawn.) If you need immediate re spawn you take a repair crate but that means you better be good at wild weasels to find those dudes. Or you take a Huey with door gunners.

I also really love the new repair timers as they prevent you from "taking everything out but a truck" and leaving the truck for the helo. Now that tactic no longer works which I think makes it that much harder as you really have to coordinate now.

TJ

Lemoen called it. The jtac solves this problem and makes it pretty easy. I really enjoy the added difficulty in farp capture as it requires you to be strategic in what you carry in the helo. Jtac makes it easy but your gonna have to wait five to ten mins to then be able to spawn at the farp (it has to repair before you can spawn.) If you need immediate re spawn you take a repair crate but that means you better be good at wild weasels to find those dudes. Or you take a Huey with door gunners.

I also really love the new repair timers as they prevent you from "taking everything out but a truck" and leaving the truck for the helo. Now that tactic no longer works which I think makes it that much harder as you really have to coordinate now.

TJ

Although not really related but it reminded me...I'd like to see a limit of no closer than 10km to an enemy farp or airfield, for the enemy to be able to place stingers. Let's face it, no one is going to send out a lone soldier with a stinger to sit at the end of an enemy runway. It's just too arcade/gamey and I'd like to see that gone.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Although not really related but it reminded me...I'd like to see a limit of no closer than 10km to an enemy farp or airfield, for the enemy to be able to place stingers. Let's face it, no one is going to send out a lone soldier with a stinger to sit at the end of an enemy runway. It's just too arcade/gamey and I'd like to see that gone.

Agreed.

That's where persistence bites you. I like to drop iglas right outside of the enemy farp/base before we capture it. Then we cap it and it stays there forever. We've even been known to do this with sa6s. :)

Makes it super easy to repair as they are typically right down the road.

TJ

I always bring JTACs now, because I don't know where any targets are; however, even with JTAC, when the troops move, smoke indicators are insufficient, unless they don't move very far. Use of anything except door gunners is excessively difficult.

I think if troops were pre-deployed, within one of a number of specific areas, it would be a better setup.

But JTAC still doesn't fix things for CAS when they are trying to clear a FARP before the helo has arrived.

Edited by Dino Might