DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hey there. I just bought Thrustmaster MFDs, so I began testing them with the Mirage. First thing I noticed is that the Formation Lights ON switch has no keyboard binding, thus is not working on the MFD. Dim and Off works fine.

EDIT: now that I know the plane a little better since I've been flying it for a few months I plan to do a full review of the Mirage scheme, so I can report any other issue I may encounter.

Thanks for the report; a default command must have been removed from the lua. This will be fixed in 2.10. In the meantime, just assign LSHIFT+F to that command.

Thanks for the report; a default command must have been removed from the lua. This will be fixed in 2.10. In the meantime, just assign LSHIFT+F to that command.

Yep, that did it.

I completed a full-ish review, and these are my findings:

- It looks like Gun Arm TOGGLE is by default assigned to Keyboard on LCtrl+6, but then the EAC switch on the throttle doesn't trigger. The only way I could find to fix it is to assign JOY_BTN26 (the switch itself) to Gun ARM, Else SAFE (3-Pos. Switch Abstractions), that had no binding by default.

- The TOT/PAR switch (ROSB4 simple click, which is bound to JOY_BTN32 + JOY_BTN4) acts a bit weird, since it has to be clicked twice to record one input.

- LOSB16 (if I understood the numbering correctly -- however, the one just above Selective Jettison) is currently associated to "Air Refueling Lights ON/OFF" command in the Controls page (I'm not in front of DCS right now, so I'm going on with only my memory. Will update the post as soon as I get back home). However, this switch actually controls the "SEPRAM Recorder" switch in the cockpit (the switch before Taxi Lights, left console); and according to the Mirage manual such switch should be not operational, since it's not even mentioned in it. The actual Air Refueling switch is a 3-Way switch (OFF, ON without lights, ON with lights) placed above the emergency throttle (still in the left console). So I suggest you to map LOSB16 to this switch (again, will update the post with exact mappings as soon as I get home), with the same logic of the other views (TEMPO: upper position; simple click: middle position, shift+simple click: lower position)

- Something not strictly related to the key bindings: As soon as I enter cockpit for the first time after loading the profile, all the "shifted state" (Gear up/down, Parking brake up/down) commands are working fine. However, as soon as I crash the plane (or possibly just quitting to the main menu? will test further) it seems that shifted states are not working anymore. Will test further to see if I can find any specific pattern in this

- Also not related to bindings, sometimes it looks like snap views are not immediately available, but only by using some specific key combination in H3 seems to fix this. Again, will test better for a specific pattern.

I will be editing this post until your next reply in order to not to make the thread unreadable with many posts. Take care!

Edited by Lorthirk
Post rewrite

- It looks like Gun Arm TOGGLE is by default assigned to Keyboard on LCtrl+6, but then the EAC switch on the throttle doesn't trigger. The only way I could find to fix it is to assign JOY_BTN26 (the switch itself) to Gun ARM, Else SAFE (3-Pos. Switch Abstractions), that had no binding by default.

This was a change in the lua in 2.5 I didn't see. Thanks for the catch - fixed!

- The TOT/PAR switch (ROSB4 simple click, which is bound to JOY_BTN32 + JOY_BTN4) acts a bit weird, since it has to be clicked twice to record one input.

This needs to be fixed on RAZBAM's end

- LOSB16 (if I understood the numbering correctly -- however, the one just above Selective Jettison) is currently associated to "Air Refueling Lights ON/OFF" command in the Controls page (I'm not in front of DCS right now, so I'm going on with only my memory. Will update the post as soon as I get back home). However, this switch actually controls the "SEPRAM Recorder" switch in the cockpit (the switch before Taxi Lights, left console); and according to the Mirage manual such switch should be not operational, since it's not even mentioned in it. The actual Air Refueling switch is a 3-Way switch (OFF, ON without lights, ON with lights) placed above the emergency throttle (still in the left console). So I suggest you to map LOSB16 to this switch (again, will update the post with exact mappings as soon as I get home), with the same logic of the other views (TEMPO: upper position; simple click: middle position, shift+simple click: lower position)

I went straight off the "Refuel Lighting" commands which is (as you pointed out) mis-named. Fixed for next build based on your recommendation. Thanks again!

- Something not strictly related to the key bindings: As soon as I enter cockpit for the first time after loading the profile, all the "shifted state" (Gear up/down, Parking brake up/down) commands are working fine. However, as soon as I crash the plane (or possibly just quitting to the main menu? will test further) it seems that shifted states are not working anymore. Will test further to see if I can find any specific pattern in this

Unfortunately, TARGET does not receive exports from DCS, so gear status is based on the last command. When you crash with gear up and respawn, TARGET still thinks the gear is up. You need to press S3+LDGH Long to toggle the gear state upon respawn, at which point you will see LLED2 illuminate to show that the gear state is down (or no light for gear state up).

- Also not related to bindings, sometimes it looks like snap views are not immediately available, but only by using some specific key combination in H3 seems to fix this. Again, will test better for a specific pattern.

Sometimes this happens when you try to enter a snapview but DCS doesn't immediately recognize the command. Simply do the snapview short command to release the snapview, then try again.

Unfortunately, TARGET does not receive exports from DCS, so gear status is based on the last command. When you crash with gear up and respawn, TARGET still thinks the gear is up. You need to press S3+LDGH Long to toggle the gear state upon respawn, at which point you will see LLED2 illuminate to show that the gear state is down (or no light for gear state up).

Yeah, I'm aware of this, since this always happened when, for example, I jump in an instant action and already airborne. However, it looks like that shifted states are completely dead after the first crash: this means that even lowering/raising the gear or the parking brake doesn't change the state (and the related LED in the MFD stays off). However, I'll test this properly in a few hours, so I hope to be back with a more detailed response.

Version 2.10 is released.

First, the new installer creates separate installs for DCS 2.5 and DCS 1.5.8 Legacy. If you created a legacy 1.5 install, you may wish to re-install CTS. The installer will still copy your existing CTS.dat so you won't lose your settings. Even though the 2.5 and 1.5 scripts are still identical, this is just setting up for the inevitable changes. Note that if you just updated to DCS 2.5 without creating a legacy install, there is no need to re-download the installer.

Second, VAICOM Pro is now integrated with the SRS functionality in the script. This is a major overhaul of the code that still requires testing and bug reports, but the testing thus far has not uncovered any showstopper bugs.

Finally, I made some minor updates to the AV-8B and M-2000C mappings (H/T Lorthirk for the M-2000C bug reports).

Thanks for the update!

However... sorry to crash the party, but it looks like the handbrake from the MFD is not working now. I mean, the actual control doesn't trigger, not the shifted state. The APU START + Gear Down State triggers both the LED and the control instead.

In the meanwhile I think I figured out the problem with the shifted states: simply the parking brake state doesn't trigger if the gear is up. Sounds legit, if this is the case: can you confirm, so we can dismiss this issue?

Edited by Lorthirk

You're the best :D

About my shifted states finding? Any confirmation?

EDIT: I may add the confirmation myself. Of course, once the gear is up, the command is ignored because on the throttle the APU START switch needs to be able to trigger the Inflight Start switch. Am I right?

Edited by Lorthirk

Great, I love when things fall nicely in place :)

So... Only thing I have to report is some strange behavior I experienced today with PSM up and down, it looked like only working with gear down a couple of times... But then raising and lowering once or twice apparently fixed it. It's odd, but I'd say that's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Great, I love when things fall nicely in place :)

So... Only thing I have to report is some strange behavior I experienced today with PSM up and down, it looked like only working with gear down a couple of times... But then raising and lowering once or twice apparently fixed it. It's odd, but I'd say that's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for all your efforts!

PS also does double duty depending on whether the gear is up (PRF mode) or down (Landing Light switch).

Compile Error: Symbol not found: Eng_Start_FC3 in DCS_World.tmc at line 144

I'm unable to duplicate the error, so I need some more information:

1) What TM hardware do you have?

2) What are your settings on the Hardware Configuration category in CTS?

3) For the FC3/Su-25T values, what do you have Cougar: Interval between engine starts (RuF/F-15C) set to?

4) What is your default aircraft?

You might also try rebuilding the script. Any code errors in the script should likely be on line 5xx (which is where the actual code is).

Edited by Home Fries

2.My T.A.R.G.E.T version is 3.0.16.615

If you have the Warthog, then the default hardware configuration should work.

3.i don't know.

On the Values screen (as shown below), select Flaming Cliffs 3/Su-25T Frogfoot. Then see what the value in the top row says. If you don't know how to get here, you probably didn't change it.

y4m1ois-huyAWPn5kNmcKXi3Ppp0mbEJIQ97ausPS6UBsVD4c-WdLTFB6Xa5fvIH-8lMTDU2t_tytpek8z5MIj4RNKIxSJ-MsOW_ZjYAv-LJ2w78xsRfKPIMa6M4cvdzoS6Q9XD0Jszx1iCq_JjDKAFjNDN9RXU7mE6Fqes34MHvyd-wggnLn4Zbu7LGxFX7mqRAuq1QM6mmpuHTWigIinsNw?width=1021&height=766&cropmode=none

This leaves rebuilding the script. Click the "Build Script" button, then press the "play" button to the right of it.

A question about profile switching.

I'm looking into make TARGETGUI script launch the profile at startup; I managed to automatically hide the window (thanks to a utility called NirCmd) but I'd like to mute the voice that sounds when the profile initialization is complete but not the ones I hear when I switch profiles through MFDs. I tried disabling "Speech enabled on aircraft cycle" in CTS options and rebuilt the profile, but the voice is still there (for both the initialization and the profile switching, by the way, which shouldn't be if I understand correctly).

Anyway, it would be great if you could separate the speech options, letting me disable the initialization one but keeping the selection one.

A question about profile switching.

I'm looking into make TARGETGUI script launch the profile at startup; I managed to automatically hide the window (thanks to a utility called NirCmd) but I'd like to mute the voice that sounds when the profile initialization is complete but not the ones I hear when I switch profiles through MFDs. I tried disabling "Speech enabled on aircraft cycle" in CTS options and rebuilt the profile, but the voice is still there (for both the initialization and the profile switching, by the way, which shouldn't be if I understand correctly).

Anyway, it would be great if you could separate the speech options, letting me disable the initialization one but keeping the selection one.

The disabling Speech Enabled on Aircraft Cycle is only for when you select aircraft using the LMFD rockers (so when you go through a bunch of aircraft it doesn't spam you with simultaneous aircraft wav files), but I've always kept speech enabled for the preset selections. To be honest, I never thought about disabling the audio for everything. Unfortunately, the code is such that I can't easily turn the voice off for the initial load but leave it on for subsequent profile changes. It's something I may play with later, though, but it won't likely be in the near future.

EDIT: NVM, I just thought of a way I can do it.

All,

I'm currently hard at work at version 2.11, which further fixes some bugs with the VAICOM/SRS integration and focuses more on the Cougar side of the code (though with some Warthog fixes as well). However, with DCS 2.5.1 comes some changes in controller luas (especially the Gazelle), so CTS 2.11 will be the last version compatible with DCS 1.5.8 before I branch off with CTS 2.20 to support DCS 2.5.x exclusively. There may be updates to 2.11 (i.e. if the update is simple or fixes a serious bug on my part), but consider what I am doing with CTS to parallel what ED has done with their DCS builds. BTW, the new installer allows you to install both current and legacy installs of CTS, and will import your existing settings into the new install folders.

To this end, I want to shore up the code in 2.11 as much as possible before DCS 2.5.1 hits the release track. If there are any outstanding bugs you would like me to fix, please let me know so that I can address them now while CTS is compatible with both versions. Likewise, if there are people out there who use the HOTAS Cougar, VAICOM, and the DCS 1.5.8 legacy build, please let me know because this is the most difficult part of the integration and I want to make sure it's worth prioritizing now.

Bottom line: tell me what needs to be fixed now so that I can make sure the fix makes it to the legacy build.

Best,

HF

Edited by Home Fries

Version 2.11 is out. The following changes were made:

• Fixed bugs with SRS enabled without PTT Common and VAICOM disabled.
  • Refined VAICOM/SRS Support for Single Radio and FC3 aircraft.
  • Refined VAICOM/SRS for Cougar users Further refined SRS/VAICOM algorithm on all fixed wing aircraft.
  • Added PTT Common toggle to RGAIN Long in profile hot-selection mode. Added ability to suppress profile speech on inital script load.
  • F-5E: Reassigned Radar mode, Radar range, and emergency jettison commands to keyboard macros
  • MiG-21: Fixed ASP discrete switch assignment (consistent Long for up, Short for down).
  • M-2000C Cougar: Remapped Close Combat Select Switch to Dogfight and made T4/T5 exclusively comms (for use with VAICOM/SRS).
  • SA342 Cougar: Reassigned comm switch to complex comms routine (allows same buttons as A-10C Warthog)

Hi homefries...

Just to tell you that the same problem with Harrier ssw switch (redded out items) is present also in the mirage 2000 (left trim)

I have to delete and reload the diff files every time i start..DCS to make it work, did you find another solution/workaround?

Thanks another time for your awesome job

Strange that both Razbam modules have similar issues

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Can't seem to get CTS to work at all, specifically the ability to use the MFDs

Hi there. I really like the idea of CTS and as a software engineer myself with almost 30 years experience I am very impressed with the application. I feel very embarrassed right now because I cannot for the life of me get the MFD and S3 combos to activate other aircraft in TARGET. I am doing something fundamentally wrong here but I just can't seem to figure it out. Is there a specific section in the docs that outlines how to do this?

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus

Hi homefries...

Just to tell you that the same problem with Harrier ssw switch (redded out items) is present also in the mirage 2000 (left trim)

I have to delete and reload the diff files every time i start..DCS to make it work, did you find another solution/workaround?

Thanks another time for your awesome job

Strange that both Razbam modules have similar issues

All I know is in this thread. I recommend adding your datapoints to that thread.

Hi there. I really like the idea of CTS and as a software engineer myself with almost 30 years experience I am very impressed with the application. I feel very embarrassed right now because I cannot for the life of me get the MFD and S3 combos to activate other aircraft in TARGET. I am doing something fundamentally wrong here but I just can't seem to figure it out. Is there a specific section in the docs that outlines how to do this?

In order to hot-swap profiles, you have to enter profile selection mode. You do this by holding S3 and pressing LMFD OSB1 for two seconds. Once you hear Microsoft Anna say the selected profile, you're in profile selection mode. You can use the rocker switches on the LMFD to cycle through aircraft (dogfight/boat switch determnes whether you're selecting helos, jets, or props), or preferably you can use the OSBs as presets that you set in CTS. Once you select the profile, push S2 to activate it, or tap S3 to cancel profile selection mode.

You can find the instructions in the User Reference under "Switching Between Profiles."

Best,

HF

Edited by Home Fries

All I know is in this thread. I recommend adding your datapoints to that thread.

In order to hot-swap profiles, you have to enter profile selection mode. You do this by holding S3 and pressing LMFD OSB1 for two seconds. Once you hear Microsoft Anna say the selected profile, you're in profile selection mode. You can use the rocker switches on the LMFD to cycle through aircraft (dogfight/boat switch determnes whether you're selecting helos, jets, or props), or preferably you can use the OSBs as presets that you set in CTS. Once you select the profile, push S2 to activate it, or tap S3 to cancel profile selection mode.

You can find the instructions in the User Reference under "Switching Between Profiles."

Best,

HF

Already did that back in January and i still have the issue...and that time i found it only in Av8b now also m2000 (which didn't use much back then)...

In i delete the luas then it works, but the bext time i load DCS the items are redded out and not working again

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png