Liveries in Users/Saved Games?

Since I'm tried of having to JSGME my liveries every time I do an update, I tried putting them in my Saved Games folder as is often instructed here on the forums. However I cannot get any of them to work.

I tried it as instructed on the forums:

BoSFh5w.png

And I also tried mimicking the CoreMods/aircraft/<aircraft name>/Liveries format, and neither worked.

I know with my Liveries there is also a Texture folder that needs to go into saved games along with the AutoExec.cfg file in the config folder??

Perhaps this is universal for the skins??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

You mean these lines in the autoexec.cfg? Some aircraft are missing....would I just manually add those?

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/AJS37")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/AV-8B")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/F-5")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/F-18C")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/F-18C/Cockpit")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/F-86F")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/F-86F/USN_USMC")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/Ka-50")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/M-2000C")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/P-51D")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/SA342")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/Su-25")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/Su-25T")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/Su-27")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/Su-33")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/UH-1")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/UH-1/USMC_HMM")

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, usersgpath .. "/Saved Games/DCS/Textures/Misc")

Well I am unsure if your Skins had a EXE installer with them.. I know when I install the skins wityh the installer it adds to the Autoexec.cfg file automatically, I did not need to manually enter anything here..

Also when I installed the skins I use it makes a texture folder with all the textures for each plane??

Are you trying to install skins with an installer or manually??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well then you will have to add them manually, did they come with install directions or anything?

Yes, but they only work if I add them manually to the main DCS install, or to the main DCS install through JSGME. When doing updates/repairs I don't want to have to uninstall them every single time, then install them again. I want to place them in Users/Saved Games and just leave them there.

Well do what I do save the important files on a second drive once it is setup that way you can copy and paste the folders/files needed for your skins you use..

For your liveries how are they stored?

What I mean is are they setup with the texture files directly in the livery folder or is there a rar file with all the texture files stored someplace else?

So for example in my screenshot, that is how the Ricardo A-10C cockpit is installed in my saved games. All the textures are just in there.

I have other textures that point to a rar file, which is just a simple line in my autoexec.cfg

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "C:/Users/Jeff/Saved Games/DCS/Liveries/DFASharedLiveries")

livery_sample.JPG.8f65d2b13350ddbd7173f44f1c32123b.JPG

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yes, the textures are just "in there." DDS files with a description.lua.

Oddly, the Spitfire liveries create a bug where the liveries appear in a dropdown menu for cockpit customization in the Spitfire's Special settings tab. Removing the Spitefire liveries from Saved Games and instead installing them directly to the DCS path resolves the issue (posted in the Spitfire forum).

Edited by Nealius

Yeah so that should just work. Only caveat that I can think of is that the saved games folder might not be the active one that the install your using is looking at. Launch the game and then check to see if the DCS.log in Logs/ was updated. If not then you might have them in the wrong saved games directory.

Other than that, check which countries the livery was added to in the description.lua files and make sure you are using one of them when trying to look at your livery.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Just double checking.

The Saved Games\DCS\Liveries has the "model" folders, and inside them are "skin folders" and the skin-files (lua+dds) are "just there" right?

ie:

Saved Games

- DCS

-- Liveries

--- FA-18C_hornet

---- Skin1

---- Skin2

---- Skin3

Inside e.g Skin1 there's just the *.dds and description.lua ?

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

Problem resolved:

ModelViewer cannot see liveries stored in Saved Games. I have been primarily using ModelViewer to check liveries because it's orders of magnitude faster than booting up DCS, loading a mission, finding an aircraft, navigating to the payload page, and then checking the liveries there.