Can i copy existing settings to 2.5 OB

tmansteve

Yes, it is. Also, you can use the mklink /j command to redirect some folders to a common location, so that both DCS versions can share some items, like:

/Missions

/Liveries

/Mods

/MissionEditor

/StaticTemplate

/Kneeboard

and

/Config/Input

/Config/View

For example, here I have done that with two folders: Liveries & Missions ... you can tell because of the small arrow over the folder icons:

voNrmqb.png

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You are welcome .. let me show you how it's done :)

On my PC I've two DCS installs: one with 2.5 Openbeta and another with 1.5 Stable ... This is the saved games folder of my 2.5 Openbeta:

KKmnq38.jpg

and this is the saved games folder of the 1.5:

jjH1F6R.jpg

It's almost empty because I havent really used this old version. Anyway, what I want to do (instead of configuring the inputs of all my modules from scratch), is to make the "Input" folder to point to the "Input" folder of my DCS 2.5 Openbeta.

The first step is rename the folder that I will replace with the pointer, so that I preserve its contents in case something goes wrong :)

s2JdfYT.jpg

Now I will open a Command window, by pressing the Windows key + R ... we get this dialog, click OK:

rwuVkIy.jpg

A command windows opens up:

N4aEVaq.jpg

The prompt tells us where are we standing on the filesystem of the PC, it reads as follows: Drive C, folder Windows, subfolder System32

So, our first command has to be one that relocates us to the Saved Games folder:

cd \users\{your user}\saved games

You can use upper or lower case, it makes no difference ... but you do have to use your own username for the folder ... mine is "Papito" :)

The prompt then changes, and it shows that we are now standing at \Users\Papito\Saved Games

Km3KJFK.jpg

The next command moves us to the subfolder DCS.1_5

cd dcs.1_5

of course, the name of your DCS settings folder will be different than mine :)

Next command moves us to the config folder (where the "input" subfolder resides):

cd config

Now that we are at the location where we want to create the link, we issue the command:

mklink /j input ..\..\dcs.openbeta\config\input

This command means:

Make Link: mklink

Type of Link: "hard": /j

Name of the pointer: "input" (this is the name that the original folder had, the pointer has to have the exact same name)

Path to the destination folder:

..\ (means "go up one folder level, we are then at "DCS.1_5")

..\ (go up once more, we are then at "Saved Games")

dcs.openbeta\config\input (path to the input folder of my DCS 2.5 settings)

On the previous figure you can see that an "input" folder has appeared, with the small arrow indicating that it's actually a pointer to another folder.

If we now click on the "input" folder of my DCS 1.5 ... we now have controls for all my modules :D

SrNcrY9.jpg

The same procedure applies to other folders that you might want to link ... you just have to have very clear what is the path of the original folder, and the path of the destination.

Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I thank you as well , Rudel . Best explanation of mklink i have seen .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2