Post MotherBoard Specs Of Bricked TM Warthogs Here Please

twobells

I run an Asus P6T and so far it works fine. I run my rig through a pretty hefty UPS, I wonder if that's helping.

Nice to know that if it bricks the Thrustmaster support is A1. Glad I didn't sell my X52 like I'd planned.

DCS 161 (Recce) Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally getting my new replacement unit, hope to all hell it doesn't die on me! So happy to have a Warthog back soon!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing" - Winston Churchill

Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS

Just got a new warthog this week

Win 10 Pro X64 Asus Saberthooth fx 990 r2, And FX 8350 4 Ghz, Gskill DDR 3 2400 Mhz 2x8 16 gigs, Samsung Pro 500 SSD x2 2TB WDC Black Edition X2 24x SAMSUNG DVD+R ANTEC HPC 1200 Watt PSU ANTEC 1200 CASE TM-HOTAS-warthog 07029 :pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...

moterboard

Have a Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX AM3 AT, mine broke down this weekend. Green lights always kept burning after pc shutdown, so i took the pc off the power to put em out. Serial is 04392

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How many here with "bricked" units did a firmware update and are omitting this tiny detail?

I have an early unit (low #1000 s/n) and no issues at all, I de-power it every night, and I have NEVER flashed the firmware either.

Regarding the lights staying on after shutdown - this very much depends on whether the motherboard keeps the USB hubs powered or not. May be user-configurable in the BIOS. Should have NOTHING to do with the units failing.

Sounds like a few have been updating the firmware with a bugged version and this is the real problem.

Best regards,

Tango.

Sounds like a few have been updating the firmware with a bugged version and this is the real problem.

Nope, mine worked for quite a while after i flashed the new firmware.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Nope, mine worked for quite a while after i flashed the new firmware.

Point is, you did flash it.

General rule: never flash the firmware on anything unless you absolutely must because of an issue you are encountering that is definitely fixed by changing it. The #1 reason is that you are risking whatever it is you are updating.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

General rule: never flash the firmware on anything unless you absolutely must because of an issue you are encountering that is definitely fixed by changing it. The #1 reason is that you are risking whatever it is you are updating.

Generally yes, but you were implying that the flash bricked the unit, which is not the case.

Additionally, it was said by TM that the new firmware was not susceptible to bricking. So, yeah, it's kinda easy to judge that decision now... :P

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting a Warthog for Christmas and I note that earlier in this thread there was some concern about where you plug in and whether you should power down the HOTAS at all...I don't usually keep my current HOTAS (X52 PRO) plugged in all the time and really don't have room to have the TM WARTHOG on my desk all the time.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Bought mine last week and recieved it on Friday (6th Januari 2012). The throttle seems to have gotten bricked today.

I really hope they'll fix it fast!

i7 2600K | ASUS 6950 | 16GB RAM | 120GB Sata3 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

Master Arms - A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community

We are looking for members!

http://www.masterarms.se

That is the first one I have heard about in quite some time. Good luck!

EDIT: Out of curiousity, had you updated the firmware, what version was running when it died?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Hi, i just received my TM Warthog, and i'm a little bit concerned about this "brick" issue.

I have an Asus Rampage III MB and i7 960 CPU.

Can anyone give any advice to prevent this bricking issue??

Any help would be very much appreciated since i'm from Chile, bought it on amazon (US) and send it back will be a really big an expensive problem.

(i can't post de serial N°, because i'm at work).

Amos

I believe this brick issue has been resolved by the firmware update and you should be OK. Make sure you update your firmware right away.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok for those of us new to the warthog... What are we talking about here?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 months later...
Ok for those of us new to the warthog... What are we talking about here?

This thread is for reporting CoD's for purchased TMWH units. Overall, I'm seeing alot of flashers (hehe) but nobody caught! :thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My throttle didn't brick, at least now yet, but it's been plugged in for over two years without problems. Yesterday it took ages to get past the POST screen, it halted for minutes during "initializing USB controllers". Keyboard was sluggish as hell but once I got to Windows, everything seemed fine. Unplugging the throttle solved the slow boot problem.

Then I ran a configuration file. Windows started searching for a HID driver for the throttle which it couldn't find. Clicking "Get firmware" from TARGET crashed it.

I uninstalled drivers, installed them again, reflashed the firmware with the same, newest version it already had. Problem solved, for now :geek:

• 5 months later...
Thinking of buying that HOTAS Set in the next weeks.... is this problem still around?

I dont think so,if you look at the last few posts for this year they had owned them for a few years. So I think it was an older batch of Warthogs

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Bricked.

Mine just bricked.

Was using it through a Pluggable USB3 hub. Connected to a Clevo P170em board.

It seems to have lost it's firmware bootloader, only 4 bytes are recoverable with the TM software and very rarely at that. The Throttle can still work on some ports like through a Dell monitor, but not most others. (I think this has to do with a signature saved in windows for the controller on those ports)

So... tried re-flashing it a few times, still not fixing the boot loader/ID.... spent ONE HOUR on hold trying to reach the Canadian support line of Thrust Master today while I was troubleshooting. Until it was game over.... (too late)

Hoping that I can get TM to send me a board once i do finally reach someone.

Edit: I had it running Firmware 20 for about a year.

Edit2: After going through a small troubleshooting dance with TM support via email, they agreed to send me a replacement PCB for the throttle. So this sounds very good in my case. Hoping the new board is much more resilient.

Edited by bn880

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]