Improved stability and dedicated server - Discussion

NineLine

Watch for the newsletter this week, should be something there for everyone waiting on DS news.

Ooooh, let me just quickly warm up the rails for you :)

1474896560_Propane%20rail%20heaters.JPG

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Watch for the newsletter this week, should be something there for everyone waiting on DS news.

After all works done trying to make a good server for everyone, the last thing that I was waiting is to read that you're giving the dedicated server build only to one community.

Really disappointed about that. I hope you're going to release the dedicated build for everyone soon.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• ED Team
After all works done trying to make a good server for everyone, the last thing that I was waiting is to read that you're giving the dedicated server build only to one community.

Really disappointed about that. I hope you're going to release the dedicated build for everyone soon.

You would also be disappointed if we gave it to everyone and it caused major problems, this is the best way to start rolling it out.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You would also be disappointed if we gave it to everyone and it caused major problems, this is the best way to start rolling it out.

We'll wait for our turn. :cry: :cry: :cry:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

:thumbup: Hi All, just a note

I logged on BS tonight when I got home from work, and had to say, I saw a big improvement! loading times were much better(for me ). no stutters or lag for the 1/2 hr. I was on. There were about 10-15 people on at that point. the most notable improvement was loading times and less lag and stutters, that's just me, your mileage may vary....:thumbup:

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup: Hi All, just a note

I logged on BS tonight when I got home from work, and had to say, I saw a big improvement! loading times were much better(for me ). no stutters or lag for the 1/2 hr. I was on. There were about 10-15 people on at that point. the most notable improvement was loading times and less lag and stutters, that's just me, your mileage may vary....:thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't try the burning-skies server as player, I don't have any of the aircrafts in the mission slots.

I'll wait that the ED expand the rolling out to a "modern war" server as well.

" Burning Skies Multiplayer Server

For DCS World multiplayer pilots, the Burning Skies server is now testing our new dedicated server technology! This is acting as a test-bed to help us debug the dedicated software with many players participating. The dedicated server will form the backbone of DCS World multiplayer. "

Nineline...can you say if the new server is Windows or Linux based? I looked through the threads and cant find an definitive answer...Doesnt mean its NOT been answered...I just cant find it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

For DCS World multiplayer pilots, the Burning Skies server is now testing our new dedicated server technology! This is acting as a test-bed to help us debug the dedicated software with many players participating. The dedicated server will form the backbone of DCS World multiplayer. "

Nineline...can you say if the new server is Windows or Linux based? I looked through the threads and cant find an definitive answer...Doesnt mean its NOT been answered...I just cant find it.

I'm pretty sure it's a windows executable, somewhere here NineLine confirm the first release will be windows only.

EDIT => Found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3565661&postcount=200

Initially it wont be, but perhaps as it develops more options will be available. Has to be done in steps.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

While I really cannot wait till puting the dedicated at my team's server and I usually don't like the way ED is handling such milestones, in this case I can say good move.

Test it well, extend dedi beta server users one by one and release once ready for production deployment. Good thing is that it looks the momentum is kept and dedi shall be open for public soon.

Nineline I belive the business model with dedicated is know already at ED, I think it would be good time to communicate how it will look. Most important question is, how the licensing will work - shall the maps be purchased for servers or it will not be required?

Please do not make a secret out of this anymore, we'd like to know if buying additional maps for server accout makes still sense.

Zapraszam na Gildia.org - polska społeczność DCS. :thumbup:

Pretty sure the server is still windows based but if they manage to remove all rendering from the server then it may be possible to run the server on Linux using some Windows core tools. At least that is a project I will start to check out as soon as the server is released. :joystick:

Blueflag server has been running on the dedicated server for a while.

Testing - Dedicated Server Tools from ED!

As some of you have guessed - we've been testing the dedicated server for a while now - as shown by a great improvement in performance and stability on both scenarios. As a disclaimer, the dedicated server tools from ED are currently under heavy development and heavy testing - so don't judge the final product by what you see here! BlueFlag is very heavy on units and scripting so we're testing to see what problems that causes and stress testing until it breaks. As our first major public test (we have been testing in secret up till now - and under NDA) - we're going to run the BlueFlag mission with NO Scripts - to test one aspect of the dedicated server tools. We'll run on Caucasus and publish more details tomorrow (Sunday). The idea will be to get as many players as possible in - flying around and causing havoc - we'll then review the logs and submit to ED if there are any issues We'll publish what slots working for each side so you'll know where you can spawn. There will be no capture, CTLD or lives restrictions. Only thing off limits is nukes. Anyone caught using one will be banned permanently from BlueFlag for life. The mission will just be the Caucasus map and slots. SRS will be working as usual - but mission progress will not be saved. Please help us test and know that you're helping to make DCS great! As always - thanks for your patience and support! Also - A huge thank you to ED for reaching out and letting us help test and improve DCS. It's an exciting time! BuddySpike Team

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Guys, think of it as an open beta kind of a strategy; updates are released one at a time and never to the release version right away. Same thing with the dedicated servers, I guess. Let them be tested well for ED to gather more information accordingly, before the whole multiplayer community receives the dedicated servers. That's how you do it properly, I'd say.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Blueflag server has been running on the dedicated server for a while.

Testing - Dedicated Server Tools from ED!

As some of you have guessed - we've been testing the dedicated server for a while now - as shown by a great improvement in performance and stability on both scenarios. As a disclaimer, the dedicated server tools from ED are currently under heavy development and heavy testing - so don't judge the final product by what you see here! BlueFlag is very heavy on units and scripting so we're testing to see what problems that causes and stress testing until it breaks. As our first major public test (we have been testing in secret up till now - and under NDA) - we're going to run the BlueFlag mission with NO Scripts - to test one aspect of the dedicated server tools. We'll run on Caucasus and publish more details tomorrow (Sunday). The idea will be to get as many players as possible in - flying around and causing havoc - we'll then review the logs and submit to ED if there are any issues We'll publish what slots working for each side so you'll know where you can spawn. There will be no capture, CTLD or lives restrictions. Only thing off limits is nukes. Anyone caught using one will be banned permanently from BlueFlag for life. The mission will just be the Caucasus map and slots. SRS will be working as usual - but mission progress will not be saved. Please help us test and know that you're helping to make DCS great! As always - thanks for your patience and support! Also - A huge thank you to ED for reaching out and letting us help test and improve DCS. It's an exciting time! BuddySpike Team

Nice. Is it now possible to host missions with (more and) moving ground units on a server with more than 15(?) clients ?

I spent 30 minutes on burning skies on the weekend.

40 players were on the server.

It was smooth as silk . . no stutter. no lag.

I am almost prepared to say it was better than single player, performance wise!

So, ED have got something very, very nice up their sleeve here. This will be a boon to DCS multiplayer.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I spent 30 minutes on burning skies on the weekend.

40 players were on the server.

It was smooth as silk . . no stutter. no lag.

I am almost prepared to say it was better than single player, performance wise!

So, ED have got something very, very nice up their sleeve here. This will be a boon to DCS multiplayer.

This was my experience also! and this is just the beginning, smooth as silk, the connect and disconnect lags seem fixed also...

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agree totally, I'm in the same boat as you having just returned after a sabbatical and do remember the conversations around a dedicated server version. The situation does appear to have improved somewhat since those days in terms of stability but.... being able to run a server headless remotely would open up more game server solutions such as cheap hosted solutions...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Quick question, dunno if this has been answered.

Will this dedicated server need purchased terrain modules? It doesn't make much sense I have to buy two sceneries, one to fly another for a server right now.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Quick question, dunno if this has been answered.

Will this dedicated server need purchased terrain modules? It doesn't make much sense I have to buy two sceneries, one to fly another for a server right now.

Not yet addressed this topic, I think the main "problem" is related to the "old" server admins who have already bought in the past the maps for their server account. It will be a "delicate" subject to deal with.

For sure removing map license for server, combined with a dedicated executable that require less expensive machine, can helps to see the servers list growing up, but we can't be sure that it's equal to have more "quality" multiplayer in DCS.

We will see what are going to happen! :thumbup:

Is there any idea when the Dedicated server will be available for the rest of the hosts?

Thanks

The Plan is (was) for this autumn, actually they are testing it both internally that on public selected servers. We're so close to the Christmas holiday, even if I hope in a big Christmas present, realistically will be release on early 2019, this is only my supposition, no release date was given.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to get information on the MAP use in new dedicated server? Is the MAP's scaled down to bare mesh to save space? The server obviously don't need high detailed MAP's.

It would also of course be nice to have some information on dates for beta release.

would be good if the server was like the old il2 servers, in short, the game in dos with no graphics, was perfect , i could run it on a laptop hosted upwards of 120 players a time. used hardly any resources. could use the same connection to host and fly.

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic,