Hi to all.....i like to fly low at high speeds but DCS doesnt really simulates that reality...how can this be fixed...thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Hi to all.....i like to fly low at high speeds but DCS doesnt really simulates that reality...how can this be fixed...thanks
What do you mean? DCS simulates perfectly speed (the magnitude, that is how much distance you travel in a certain amount of time). If you are referring to the sense of speed this is depends heavily on the field of view.

If you want to compare this to some youtube video of low flying in cockpit footage it wont work, since the fov of the camera creates an exagerated sense of high speed.

When i fly low with the oculus rift the sebse of speed is incredible, much better that playing on a monitor.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

When i fly low with the oculus rift the sebse of speed is incredible, much better that playing on a monitor.

I don't know about that. I have the same thing as with every driving simulator in DCS that in cockpit the speed feels low, but outdoor camera it is very fast.

Like with the Assetto Corsa the driving is extremely slow when inside, but swap to rear camera and it is like in any monitor and all is fast.

That is what makes the DCS flying anyways easier (VR or monitor) that inside all speed is slower feeling and you have more time to react to things.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hit Ctrl-z 4 times for speed simulation :D

Thanks i will try to remember that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

What do you mean? DCS simulates perfectly speed (the magnitude, that is how much distance you travel in a certain amount of time). If you are referring to the sense of speed this is depends heavily on the field of view.

If you want to compare this to some youtube video of low flying in cockpit footage it wont work, since the fov of the camera creates an exagerated sense of high speed.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

How fast is the Tomcat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Caucasus?

That`s because of the oversized trees in this map.

Also, you can zoom out a little to get more sense of speed

I have a clean windows installed.... to play games.... and virtual machines to do the rest.My nvidia is a GTX 750 with 2 Gb Memory to play on a gaming monitor with Full HD 1920x1080 24 size and a core i7 4790... i think this is enough...isnt possible to adapt DCS to specs?..thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a clean windows installed.... to play games.... and virtual machines to do the rest.My nvidia is a GTX 750 with 2 Gb Memory to play on a gaming monitor with Full HD 1920x1080 24 size and a core i7 4790... i think this is enough...isnt possible to adapt DCS to specs?..thanks.

You have an old machine actualy...

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I have a... GTX 750 with 2 Gb Memory.... i think this is enough...

No unfortunately for DCS it´s not enough

Your GPU is the bottleneck

even my 780ti is on his absolute limits

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Your i7-4790 (non-K version) and 32GB of memory are excellent! Your CPU isn't quite as zippy as the very latest stuff, but it's still really good.

The problem is your ancient/archaic video card. The GTX 750 is completely off the bottom end for DCS World.

Get yourself a GTX 1080 Ti (or maybe a regular 1080 to save some dough, or even a GTX 1070 to save a *lot* of dough) and you'll be ready to rock & roll! :thumbup:

Don't waste your time or cash on a newer CPU until you've done a *massive* video card upgrade.

4th Generation Intel stuff is great, ignore the 8th-gen fanboys, and especially ignore anyone that brags about their Core-i9 :)

Peace and happy warfare

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Get yourself a GTX 1080 Ti (or maybe a regular 1080 to save some dough, or even a GTX 1070 to save a *lot* of dough) and you'll be ready to rock & roll! :thumbup:

AD

Love this :D From Gtx 750 to Gtx 1080. Dude, get yourself a real P-51D.

Am I special?

Yeah, do you think that someone playing with a GTX750 is the kind of guy that expend 1000€ in a GPU? XD. Better start with a GTX 1060 or 1070, enough for playing DCS in 1080p with no VR.

PD: I think indonesia is selling one of their old f16c for rougly 10M€, there you'll have sense of speed :p

Fly in VR and you will get that sense of speed. It is a fantastic experience.

:thumbup:

Only way to fly!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

A Fast PC....

Thanks guys for all the answers but i do not want to repeat myself all over again so search my message "A Fast PC..." title in the PC and software sub forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have an old machine actualy...

My machine is old but enough for 1920x1080...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]