do ships have navigation beacons?

wolle

I am starting to do ship based take-offs and landings. I have a question: do ships (like the CVN-70) have ADF or ILS beacons? If so, what are their frequencies?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I am starting to do ship based take-offs and landings. I have a question: do ships (like the CVN-70) have ADF or ILS beacons? If so, what are their frequencies?

I'm not sure if they do by default, you can however add radio transmission to the unit, or if you'd like add a trigger area over the ship for navigation.

Ships can have TACAN and obviously any system that broadcasts as a Nav aid is broadcasting it's location, not so good an idea. Some systems are on demand, but I think that must have been replaced by now with some type of ship-based WAAS?

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

How do you add a radio transmission to a unit. I know how to add a radio transmission from a stationary zone, but how can I add it to a moving unit (specifically a ship like CVN-70)?

Thanks for your help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

radio transmission from unit. :)

Sorry for being really thick here, but there is no "radio transmission from unit" as far as I know (see attached screenshot)

NoTransmissionFromUnit.thumb.gif.2b9914536a1f5c369fe52b6131c20ab7.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- for moving zone, check in the triggers for UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE, choose the unit to which the moving zone will be attached

- for radio transmission by units, check out in the Advanced Waypoint Actions (or the Triggered Actions if you want to trigger it otherwise than by a waypoint) of the ship (NOT in the mission's "Triggers"), and in Perform Command, use SET FREQUENCY and TRANSMIT MESSAGE. I have yet to try that on a ship, though.

• 4 years later...
- for moving zone, check in the triggers for UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE, choose the unit to which the moving zone will be attached

- for radio transmission by units, check out in the Advanced Waypoint Actions (or the Triggered Actions if you want to trigger it otherwise than by a waypoint) of the ship (NOT in the mission's "Triggers"), and in Perform Command, use SET FREQUENCY and TRANSMIT MESSAGE. I have yet to try that on a ship, though.

I can confirm this doesnt work. The ship moves but the radio transmission stays in the initial trigger zone

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

that only happens if the ship is moving and the wind is not coming out of the direction the ship is heading. We ran into this a lot when we were running real time weather, but with the updates we have not been able to run that mod. If there is no wind added to the server map they are fine. For a ship underway I've found that you do get some bouncing, but the helicopters generally stay put because the only wind generated is coming from in front of you and you're more or less heading into it. I've had good luck on the ISVA ship mods and with the LHA. I've been able to, even with the ship underway, rearm, refuel, AND repair. Pretty much CTLD functions worked, crates appeared on the decks of the big ships, pilots recovered could be dropped there, it works fine in multiplayer.....or at least it has so far for us.

One thing, my friend in the MI-8 was unable to rearm or repair, he could refuel.

Now if you are talking about slingloading stuff onto the ships, now that's a totally different experience :-)

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

The latter is not possible with ships, because they lack the "Transmit Message" command in AWA

There is a chart for tacan frequency’s for those aircraft that don’t have tacan

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Chech back a couple weeks back I downloaded or linked to it but I would have to find it

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Sorry a bit of a necro revival.

Im just trying to setup a simple mission where the UH1H takes off at night from land, pitch dark and has to fly some ways to locate/land on a ship, any ship.

Can anyone help with guide or a mission upload so i can see how its done.

The key being navigation to the vessel.

Many thanks and Merry Xmas to everyone.

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS