Tried to install clear glass mod, now the B17 skin is messed up.

Off Watch

I unsuccessfully tried to install the clear glass Mod for the Spit and now I notice that the skin texture for the B17 is messed up. I uninstalled/ reinstalled the WWII assets pack and same for the Spitfire but same results. Any Ideas what I should try next?

The correct course of action whenever you add mods is to use one of the mod utility packages such as JSGME. That would allow you to remove the mod if it caused this kind of problem.

Without the application, you can first try to run a repair. If that doesn't resolve the issue, my next step is always to rename the saved games folder, which will force DCS World to build a new one with the default configuration. This will, however, reset all your saved control inputs as well as everything else you have configured. If that works, then slowly re-add the folders from the old, renamed folder until you encounter the issue again, and you will have established exactly where the problem file resides. Isolate that, and make any settings changes that have been lost.

The reason the saved games bit is needed is that the core game is repaired or re-installed, but the saved games area is usually preserved, so if the fault is there, it won't be solved without the renaming process.

I bet you will be downloading and learning to use JSGME pretty soon having got bitten by a mod malfunction.

As a side note, it is also always very important to remove all mods, then run a repair before updating. Any rogue files can totally screw an update, as you will see by the number of bug reports that are made on a Wednesday.

I would suggest doing a repair, as per this thread first: GUIDE: Using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules

For this, open the Command Prompt Window with Administrator privileges as per How to Open the Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 8 or 10 --option 3 is the easiest way-- to avoid issues with permissions.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Doing an update always does a repair as well, so you cannot necessarily say that the update itself fixed the issue, just the 'updating'.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Unless you can point to exactly how the issue came into play, I don't know how it would be of any use.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler