Mig-15 review

Lordbaldur

Any complaints on beta products, should be held for at least several months after EDGE 2.0.

I'll put that on my calendar. Though I am curious about what part of EDGE/DCS 2.0 that Belsimtek is so busy with.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow, guys, calm down. Lordbaldur clearly said it was beta. People watching the video have a brain and can decide for themselves if lack of content in a WiP module is a big deal for them or not. No need to hate on a reviewer just because you don't share his priorities.

LordBaldur will have to grow a thick skin if he's putting out his *Reviewer shingle* for public consumption. It comes with the territory.

Reviewing is serious business and it can have a powerful effect on a product both good and bad. Foremost, one should be responsible with their *opinion* and not be flippant.

I don't respect a review if it is mealy mouthed and shoddy in execution with a brazen proclivity for ignoring the EULA ... it's just bloody well not cricket.

The Edit: I'm perfectly calm.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

This guy as a reviewer is a complete hack. He did the same thing to the Sabre. It's not so much that he doesn't make it crystal clear that the sim is a beta, it's his lack of respect and condescending attitude that makes me think that someone from Belsimtek must have pissed in his coffee.

Really what is the purpose of these reviews? And shouldn't they be previews instead?

• Like 1

I'll put that on my calendar. Though I am curious about what part of EDGE/DCS 2.0 that Belsimtek is so busy with.

Its not that BST is working on 2.0, the work on their aircraft revolves around what 2.0 is supposed to be able to do.

• ED Team
Its not that BST is working on 2.0, the work on their aircraft revolves around what 2.0 is supposed to be able to do.

Thats really not an issue in this case, this case is purely that there is content missing right now because the MiG is in early release. Nothing to do with anything beyond normal development of a module... things like multi-crew for the Huey and such might trace back to 2.0, but then I am not 100% on that either...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You ask for thoughts so here are mine. One word, "Beta." You contradict yourself by criticizing the product than admitting its a beta. I paid almost $60 for ARMA III in Alpha. You have a lot of talent in your speaking and I appreciated the lack of ums and uhs. You picked shots that really showcased the Mig-15 and the segment with the Mig's cannon was great. I think you can be a top reviewer and I feel that you need to understand with this hobby, small companies have to charge full price for the Beta to maintain some kind of growth. Also keep in mind these guys take a hit with the awesome sales that DCS puts out. I know that they will see a sharp decline in sales after many have purchased on a sale. And: "Kind of pisses me the F*&k off," nice, especially on a public posting for a review. As soon as I heard this I was going to click out but I wanted to be fair. Perhaps your review could have expressed the beta points and moved to what is there right now and don't rate a beta. As far as price, free will brother. I will follow you but if you provide a flippant phrase such as what I stated above I wont and that is my free will. Keep the reviews coming, you are off to a good start.

• Like 1

LordBaldur will have to grow a thick skin if he's putting out his *Reviewer shingle* for public consumption. It comes with the territory.

Reviewing is serious business and it can have a powerful effect on a product both good and bad. Foremost, one should be responsible with their *opinion* and not be flippant.

I don't respect a review if it is mealy mouthed and shoddy in execution with a brazen proclivity for ignoring the EULA ... it's just bloody well not cricket.

The Edit: I'm perfectly calm.

I personally don't have a problem with people not liking my review. After all, it is their opinion and I respect that, especially if the criticism is constructive.

Yes reviews can affect a product and the company that made it. So with that said, maybe they should have put more content into their product. Still if an 8 out of 10 is low enough to deter the simulator community from buying a product, then that says more about them than it does about me.

Edited by Lordbaldur

My Channel

Thats really not an issue in this case, this case is purely that there is content missing right now because the MiG is in early release. Nothing to do with anything beyond normal development of a module... things like multi-crew for the Huey and such might trace back to 2.0, but then I am not 100% on that either...

From what I have heard, 2.0's main selling point is an AI crew. Something I really do look forward to.

My Channel

• ED Team
From what I have heard, 2.0's main selling point is an AI crew. Something I really do look forward to.

The selling point of 2.0 is all the extra real estate ED will have to play with, for things like multi-player crew, new effects, higher object counts, etc etc...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Do you think my score would be an 8 out of 10 if someone did?

Hitting a coffee cup, from a sufficient distance, might be worth an 8. :P

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

maybe they should have put more content into their product
So what if said content is released later? As you've been told a million times already, the 15bis is still in beta.

then that says more about them than it does about me
OK, so what does "borrowing" a licence for a preview tell us about _your_ character then?
  • Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So what if said content is released later? As you've been told a million times already, the 15bis is still in beta.

Yeah and so is the F-86, the Mi-8 and the Huey. It's funny that you said what if the said content was released later. Many people like you gave me flak for my F-86 review and yet that video is just as relevant today as it was months ago. Belsimtek never releases their content and I'm not holding my breath. I already told people a million times, I do not care that it is in Beta. The value of a product is based off of labor, not promise. Do you think I should have given this module a 10 out of 10? For the same price, I could get the Mig-21 which has training missions, more missions, a campaign and more instant action missions. Even then, I still gave it a 9/10 when it first came out.

OK, so what does "borrowing" a licence for a preview tell us about _your_ character then?

It tells me that you are a fan of logical fallacies. If such a thing was wrong, then I apologize, I was unaware, I meant no harm and if it makes you feel better, I no longer have the module. Now what does that have to do with Belsimtek's lack of content? That is the million dollar question. What you are doing is called an ad-hominem or in other words, a personal attack. That is not a fallacy because "OMG, that's so mean", it is a fallacy because it is irrelevant. I am not going to justify my actions, but it has nothing to do with the lack of content in the Mig-15. What if I were to claim your argument to be invalid because you cannot properly spell the word "License"? What you are doing is simply going after me so that you can undermine my argument without actually debating it because let's face it. You're already running off of a weak argument.

My Channel