Can't start the Mig-15bis in multiplayer

mjmorrow

I noticed that in multiplayer I am unable to start the Mig-15bis. What happens is that when I press the engine starter, achieve 600 rpm, and then hit enter, to move the fuel cock 50%, the engine compressor rpm gauge needle stays where it is at 600 rpm, then the starter dies out and the engine compressor rpms fall off. In single player, the Mig starts up as per usual, with no trouble whatsoever. Does anyone know how I can fix my multiplayer issue? Thanks for your consideration. :thumbup: MJ

I noticed that in multiplayer I am unable to start the Mig-15bis. What happens is that when I press the engine starter, achieve 600 rpm, and then hit enter, to move the fuel cock 50%, the engine compressor rpm gauge needle stays where it is at 600 rpm, then the starter dies out and the engine compressor rpms fall off. In single player, the Mig starts up as per usual, with no trouble whatsoever. Does anyone know how I can fix my multiplayer issue? Thanks for your consideration. :thumbup: MJ

If this happens in the Korean server, it also happens to me. I think this is because the airport should be marked as Red in order to the ground crew work properly. I don't know. But you can start up with batteries on.

If this happens in the Korean server, it also happens to me. I think this is because the airport should be marked as Red in order to the ground crew work properly. I don't know. But you can start up with batteries on.

Ok, so, in addition to ground power, I will turn on the battery circuit breaker, then hit the engine starter, wait for 600 rpm, hit enter and hope that the rest goes as planned. I will see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbup: MJ

• ED Team

if you have tracks attach them guys, we will take a look at them. I have had no problem starting up in multiplayer, but if we see a track we may be able to isolate the problem you are having

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sure thing. I completely forgot how DCS saved MP Tracks.

Here is one from last night. I have a longer one where I'm the client on one server but the file is too large. This one is after we saw the MiG-15 not start for myself or my friend on my friend's hosted mission, here I'm alone on my server. One thing to note is that both of us were running the same mission, we looked for planned failures in the editor and didn't see any. This has occurred to other pilots, client and host alike, on our mission but not to everyone. We see up to 2 out of 5 pilots get this failure but not every time.

In this track I attempt two starts on my own then attempt an auto start.

server-20150308-003255.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 3 weeks later...

I watched your track.

Do not switch on the righthand switches except generator sw.

And don´t use high values for the "engine stop" at the begining. Wait for 600rpm before you start to open the engine stop. Then you can start the engine. Never had issues in MP and SP.

Don´t know if it is a bug that the engine wont´t start with the rh switches on.

But it does start when they are off.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 3 weeks later...

My first day with the Mig-15. As Message #1 states, this still occurs today using the Korea era server out of NY City. I am using the manual start procedure that is in the Quickstart Guide.

Also tried using the "Left Win + Home" starting cheat and the Mig-15 does not start using this same server. I tried a few different Mig-15 slots with the same result happening---no startup.

Yet, some guys are starting theirs and taking off.

(re: Message #8 ) :

Thanks for the advice, I will go give it a try on the same Korea era server right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(edit: a bit later) :

Yes, that works! Switch on only the generator switch, right hand side, for initial startup.

Make sure "Right Shift + Home" fuel shutoff lever is fully open or the engine will not spool up all the way.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]