Dealing with the Data Cartridge over multiple strikes

Schmidtfire

Im trying to get a grip on the Data Cartridge and waypoints on the F10 MAP. Quite easy and a great system! But I have a few questions.

After my first "mission" I land at base and rearm for an attack on another target location. What is the correct procedure for inserting a new data cartridge? With engine still running, should I just pull the old one out and insert and load the new cartridge? Do I need to clear the CK37 before that?

When I load the new one in, it often looks like I have 2km of drift. (REF LOLA display last digit as a 2) Pretty sure I am doing something wrong or missing a step. Hitting the reference button when Im lined up on the runway does not seem to help either... and there is no take-off symbology in the HUD.

Edited by Schmidtfire

When you are inserting the new cartridge - are you entering 9099 into the CK37 to load it?

I've noticed a lot of problems in general with the cartridges and would properly enter the airport I was at and what not, but my WPs would always be off. I figured out that if I though of "9099" not as "fictional airport 99" and instead as "load cartridge" everything worked correctly.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

How do you delete the old waypoints?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

This is how I do it when I do multiple missons:

1. After landing - set BER

2. Take out the cartridge

3. Delete the old waypoints in the F10-map. You do that by click on the X in the waypoint label

4. Mark the new waypoints

5. Select cartridge in kneeboard (notice that there will be more waypoints than you have in F10-map, but the number of waypoints will be correct in the cartridge)

5. Put back the cartridge

6. Set up the CK with 9099

7. Before take off - set NAV

Regards

FanOfALF

In that case I always do :

- rensa

- If needed, load on the kneeboard the correct cartridge

- 9099 LS/SKU

That's all !

I'll try this. Never tried the Rensa method. It makes sense.

Been having massive problems online when I do multiple sorties on the same server, renders navigation useless as flightplans seem to be overriding and confusing eachother

EDIT: Still having real problems with Viggen waypoints after a few flights, even after changing servers in the same session

Edited by luza

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
EDIT: Still having real problems with Viggen waypoints after a few flights, even after changing servers in the same session

Me too man. Feels useless ATM. Shelving it until further notice. I'd love a "disable drift" option like there is on the M-2000...

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick