If you had the money to develop a concept for DCS ..

Mizzy

What would you invest in and back as a development for DCS if you have the money like a lottery win ?

Here is mine !

Knowing it takes too long to develop individual aircraft, I would ask a development team to design a module like FC3 called 'The Century Fighters' This would have in the package:

North American F-100 Super Sabre

McDonnell F-101 Voodoo

Convair F-102 Delta Dagger

Lockheed F-104 Starfighter

Republic F-105 Thunderchief

Convair F-106 Delta Dart

Same level of detail as the Su33/27 cos it's a survey module BUT all airframes with PFM. I think that casual simmers are a little neglected in DCS and 'entertainment' would sell to a different market. Obviously the package would have the classic adversaries (which would make no difference to me cos i don't fight) and possibly a new map. If it sold well, development of each aircraft could become a full DCS module ;-)

What do you think if I could finance the project with a good developer for DCS, Is there a market ?

Mizzy

Edited by Mizzy

dedicated server exe both windows and linux

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Some thoughts:

- Try to finish off bits that I'd like tidied up with the current DCS, i.e.

- EGH in the Huey, such that it's configurable

- Configurable accuracy for AAA ground fire

- Configuration option for servers to have the option to remove zoom, such that we're not playing a game where most pilots are using binos in multiplayer air combat

- Correcting the VR view for Combined Arms in first person mode

Post that:

- Dynamic campaign module that can be applied to any map

- Map creation module for users

- Realistic weather option

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Marrying DCS with a quality fps like Tarkov would be dreamy, but a more important goal would be solving the technical issues with multiplayer in the same bird.

We need quantum computing with entanglement, for 0 latency please.

And fusion, if you have any spare change.

"Mig-29 9-12a and F-16A block 15 ocu", "fulcrum vs falcon" pack .. =)

Or maybe Yak-3 and La-7, "soviet power of ww2" pack.

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Dynamic Campaign & dedicated Linux Server

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

In order of priority:

1. Dedicated servers

2. Dynamic campaign engine

3. Any of Russian aircraft modules - MiG-29, MiG-23, Su-25, Su-24, Su-17/22, Su-15

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

If you had the money to develop a concept for DCS ..

1) Fix core all issues and functionalities within DCS; like a working ATC and AWACS, AI that is smart and good at fighting, better missile modeling, weather system and atmospheric effects, etc. (prerequisite to #4)

2) Expand all maps in size (prerequisite to #4)

3) Add a dedicated server (prerequisite to #4)

4) CREATE A DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

5) Develop a Mig-29 (best variant I could get info on) for the Reds

6) Accelerate Carrier Ops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

- Dedicated server

- More detailed ground warfare / integration of Air defense systems

- Integral overhaul of atmospheric physics and graphics like rain, snow, dynamic weather systems, turbulence, gusts and such

- Implement better/newer .LUA scripting engine to allow modders more room

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Holodeck? :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Regardless of how much money you may have to invest, a lot of actual 'real' information as to flight models and systems are classified. Even from 1960's research. An example is reduced boom supersonic cone design. Used by both Soviet Russian and Americans. Look at nose cone of F-111F/G, TU-22M, B-1B,F-15C, SU-27, SU-34, and F-16C/D. From front F-111F SU-34, and TU-22 look very similar, in the nose to cockpit glass section. Notice the slightup curve on ventral front of nose cone. Result of NASA research, though TSZAGI may argue the point. May have been discovered independently. Allows for quieter low level supersonic flight.

However some systems, available on word defense market, are more open. They allow classified modifications at end user level.

I would invest in development of simulation expansion product. Asset pack of sensors and weapons, that can be added to existing simulation products. Like the Garmin GPS add-in to MI-8 in DCS.

My personal desire list is to turn third or simpler 4th gen aircraft to have sensors and weapons of 4.5gen.

F-5E

ECM and expanded chaff/flare system for F-5E. Systems were developed in 1980's and 1990's for various F-5 modernization programs.

PANTERA FLIR/T pod for F-5E. An export version of Sniper targeting pod.

EGI (embedded GPS navigation) subsystem, podded or not, for F-5E for nav and weapons delivery.

MFD display for F-5E for nav and weapons delivery.

Expanded weapons carriage for F-5E allowing AGM-65D/H/E/K/G, GBU-38 JDAM, various external cannon pods for 30mm APDS, SeaEagle anti-ship missile, Kormorant anti-ship missile. PGU-28/B 20mm ammunition for Colt MK-39 cannons.

InFlight refueling probe (retractable) for F-5E.

Mig-21Bis

Various Israeli ElBit and IAI systems to bring Mif-21Bis up to Romanian AF and InAF Mig-21Bison standard, HMQ NVG helmet, and Link16 I/O to allow NATO/Western weapons carry.

Above systems allow carriage of R-73M/M1, R-24 family, R-77 family, AIM-9P/P5/M/X(?), Python family SRAAM, Derby MRAAM, AIM-120A/B/C/D, MK series bombs, JDAM, JSOW, SeaEagle ASM, Kormorant ASM, various Israeli AG weapons, EGI embedded GPS nav and weapons delivery avionics, expanded ECM and countermeasures carriage, inflight refueling probe.

IAI ELBIT systems for F-4E (upcoming) to bring to F-4E Terminator2000 capability. Used in Israeli and Turkish F-4's. IAF F-4 is retired. Turkish AF is reconnaissance only. Both were combat coded in 1990's and early 2000's.

Theaters. I would invest in diverse interesting theaters.

Singapore/Straights Of Mallaca theater. Objectives: Red: Gain control of Straight of Mallaca. Blue: Keep Straight open. Naval , amphibious, air-sea-land warfare.

SriLanka theater. Red goal: Expand control of SriLanka and Palk Straight. Deny access to opponent . Blue: Expell opponent from SriLanka and gain control of Palk Straight. India + allies vs. China + allies.

Taiwan and Taiwan Straights theater. PRC vs. ROC. With attendant allies. Red goal: Attain control of Taiwan Straights, Island of Taiwan, Pengue Island chain, and East China Sea.

East China Sea and Ryoko(Okinawa) Island chain. PRC vs. Japan. With attendant allied participants. Red goal: Gain control of East China Sea between Islands of Yunaguni and Yakushima. War at sea, littoral waters combat, amphibious Air-Land-Sea warfare.

Azerbaijan-Armenia conflict.

Icelandic theater. RussFed vs. NATO in GUIK gap. Red goal: Gain control of Iceland and GUIK Gap or deny usage of GUIK to NATO. Blue goal: Retain sovereignty of Iceland, or liberate it from Russian occupation. Deny forces of RF usage of GUIK gap. No usage of unconventional weapons.

Baltic Firestorm: Wartime implementation of NATO warplan Baltic Dragon (peacetime deterrence mission), designated Operation:Firestorm. RF vs. NATO. Red goal: gain control of Baltic Sea, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and limited control zone in Poland. No usage of special weapons.

Caribbean Crucible: Operation Crucible . Liberate islands of Aruba.Curracau, and Nation of Guyana from Venezuelan occupation.

Aleutians theater. RF, China +allies, vs. US and NATO allies. NATO Article 5 scenario. Red: Gain an prevent recovery of Aleutian Island chain, Bering Sea, Bering Straights, and Chukchi Sea. Blue: Retain or regain control of Aleutians, keep Bering Sea, Bering Straight, and Chukchi Sea open to freedom of the seas navigation.

Aegean Sea theater. Greece vs. Turkey.

Edited by DaveRindner
Added speculative theaters for DCS.

A better ai system that would allow users to design actual training missions that allowed the ai to act as an instructor pilot

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I would look into possibly bridging DCS with Google Earth database, or open source Earth terrain database. Failing that, developing an end user terrain development environment. Where end user can create his/her own terrain and populate it with available assets. Trees, roads, structures, etc...

Ability to import, but not export, custom user geometry via OBJ, FBX, or Alembic ABC, or other Open Source polygon geometry format.

Some time back,some games based on game engines, shipped with special stripped down versions of 3D modeling (no animation) software for creating their own levels.