Viggen skins - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #131
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 170
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to joey45

Having some probs on the fuselage section. The thingies on the side what I assume are some sort of vents... well for me only one side shows up painted in game or model viewer. The left side, the right side which needs to be fully green doesn't seem painted.

Also a wire frame layer would help a lot.... but apart from that it's pretty good template.
"Women collect shoes, I collect rifle scopes"
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
RAF Viggens liveries in testing phase.
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #132
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey45 View Post
Having some probs on the fuselage section. The thingies on the side what I assume are some sort of vents... well for me only one side shows up painted in game or model viewer. The left side, the right side which needs to be fully green doesn't seem painted.

Also a wire frame layer would help a lot.... but apart from that it's pretty good template.

Here you go!

Looks like only the one on the left side works, and it does the same color for both sides.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My AJS-37 Viggen Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs

Last edited by Home Fries; 08-08-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #133
joey45
Veteran

joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

I think I have you the link to the updated files.
On the single colour version it works but not the camo versions.

on ma mobile
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Old 08-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #134
Home Fries

Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Yeah, the problem is that only the one from the left texture is taken and it is applied to both sides. I think it's time for a bug report.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.

My DCS Files and Skins
My AJS-37 Viggen Skins
Old 08-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #135
Home Fries

On further review, it's not a bug after all. Both tubes are separately represented on the left fuselage template.

I tested it with a texture locator. At first it looks like the entries are the same, but there is a subtle difference between the right and left sides.

Left side (note the lines and markings on the tube)

Right side (green with no markings on the top of the tube)

Conclusion:
the tube on the top is for the left side and the bottom applies to the right.

My DCS Files and Skins
My AJS-37 Viggen Skins
Old 08-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #136
joey45
Veteran

On ma phone and can't see the images.. but very interesting.. Will check when I get home.

on ma mobile
Old 08-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #137
joey45
Veteran

and

This is what I got. I also had both green and only the left is painted.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #138
Home Fries

I just tested it and it works fine.

Just to clarify, tubes on both sides are read from only the LNS_VIG_FUSELAGE_L texture.

I took LNS_VIG_FUSELAGE_L and colored the right tube with a nice bit of magenta (shown boxed in red).

The left side looks normal (with one exception) and the right side is magenta as expected.

The lone exception is the shaded texture on the inside of the tube (marked in yellow on the first graphic). I haven't figured out which one goes to which yet.

My DCS Files and Skins
My AJS-37 Viggen Skins
Old 09-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #139
1stBEAST

Reputation power: 5
1stBEAST will become famous soon enough1stBEAST will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsy View Post
Thanks Cobra,
should be visible now.

would you please be so kind and release it to the public? :-)
1stBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #140
Stevoo4552

Reputation power: 0
Stevoo4552 is on a distinguished road

Im too and i think nany other would be happy if you release that German skin for the Viggen Marsy
Stevoo4552 is offline   Reply With Quote