RED FLAG - AGGRESSOR PVP JUNE - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-27-2017, 10:38 PM   #121
JunMcKill

Reputation power: 8
JunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enough

Hi IronMike one thing, if it is possible, next time place only one AWACS in each side, for example in NM and feet in blue side, and KM and meters in the Red, for me was a mess receiving both systems in voice and text messages. I lost the combat SA precisely, due the height given sometimes in meters and other in feet. I received a message from AWACS telling me that the enemy was 12 far and angels 23000, and I quick turned noticing that the guy was about 20km away and almost at my same height! for me in the MIG-29 was really a mess, I prefer to calculate mentally the distances from NM to KM and feet to meters or viceversa.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:28 PM   #122
ofcross

Reputation power: 0
ofcross is on a distinguished road

Hello!
I enjoyed flying at this event. Nice Job!

The only thing to point is that some pilots use the Guard "Channel" to ask you (Commander) for instructions instead of using a direct whisper to your Command channel. So in my case, those conversations where overlapping whit my flight comms interrupting not just the internal comms but the focus you need to have while inputting coordinates into the Viggen INS!

Other than that... awesome event!
ofcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #123
Briggers

Reputation power: 0
Briggers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
PS: Briggers: you violated the bullseye nofly waypoint rule, to not fly closer than 25nm, probably this came from at least a partial loss of SA, as I remember you pushing too far and calling you back way before already, as I called you and Rabb to patrol closer over the ships. That drifting from station, iirc, got you encircled by enemy air in the end so you pushed even further into the ship's reach. that is all from memory now, mate, but maybe we can offer a tacview review event before the next one. mistakes wont be emotional anymore and lessons will be applicable to the next mission. PPS: you did very well, mate, you survived quite long and you've been overall reliable with the exception of the flight falling apart which btw was the case in most lone wolf flights. I'll find a way to adress that too, maybe some extra training for lone wolf flights.

S!
Great feedback, much appreciated IronMike.

Definitely lost some SA with the pushed CAP, and being killed by Moskva definitely supports your memory. Sadly I could not review in TacView as I was missing from the ACMI (I had a client crash before takeoff and I suspect rejoining the server is the cause). I should have made waypoint 2 visible in my radar.

Also yes, our flight fell apart right after take-off due to me not coordinating properly. We then rejoined and got to a fairly solid racetrack CAP over 5/6, and then when we were engaged by red we lost 3 Mirages in about a minute or two (Onyx and Terence both took one red with them) leaving me the only survivor by luck alone.

Many many great lessons for me.
Briggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:50 PM   #124
IronMike

Reputation power: 17
IronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunMcKill View Post
Hi IronMike one thing, if it is possible, next time place only one AWACS in each side, for example in NM and feet in blue side, and KM and meters in the Red, for me was a mess receiving both systems in voice and text messages. I lost the combat SA precisely, due the height given sometimes in meters and other in feet. I received a message from AWACS telling me that the enemy was 12 far and angels 23000, and I quick turned noticing that the guy was about 20km away and almost at my same height! for me in the MIG-29 was really a mess, I prefer to calculate mentally the distances from NM to KM and feet to meters or viceversa.

I think that is precisely what you were getting there, 12nm and 23000 feet, we only had one awacs, the e-3, thus he reported in feet and miles.
104th_IronMike #23

www.104thphoenix.com
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #125
JunMcKill

JunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think that is precisely what you were getting there, 12nm and 23000 feet, we only had one awacs, the e-3, thus he reported in feet and miles.
Watch the video below minute 27:20, you will notice both AWACS messages in russian and english, AWACS (Darkstar) reporting in feet and NM and AWACS(1) reporting in russian in meters and KM. I can tell you was a real mess in the middle of the combat!

Last edited by JunMcKill; 06-28-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #126
IronMike

IronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of lightIronMike is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunMcKill View Post
Watch the video below minute 27:20, you will notice both AWACS messages in russian and english, AWACS (Darkstar) reporting in feet and NM and AWACS(1) reporting in russian in meters and KM. I can tell you was a real mess in the middle of the combat!

Well, now you have me completely lost mate, because that is the awacs on red side. the a50. and I am pretty sure you didnt get red awacs msgs on blue... why red awacs would report as darkstar is beyond me though

on blue there was only one awacs, e3. but the game handles awacs badly, as a50 and f15s dont pair well and neither do e3 and flankers. if you got mixed msgs that is because awacs radio is, well, not optimal. the only thing I can change there is not to have awacs at all.
104th_IronMike #23

www.104thphoenix.com

Last edited by IronMike; 06-29-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #127
JunMcKill

Yeah, was a headache for me to receive both messages at the same time, so I was looking in the onlines videos to see if only happened to me or I was driving crazy! , and there you are, was in both sides! ahh another thing, the message was sent to the proper BOR number in both cases, mine was 902.

Quote:
Well, now you have me completely lost mate, because that is the awacs on red side. the a50. and I am pretty sure you didnt get red awacs msgs on blue... why red awacs would report as darkstar is beyond me though

on blue there was only one awacs, e3. but the game handles awacs badly, as a50 and f15s dont pair well and neither do e3 and flankers. if you got mixed msgs that is because awacs radio is, well, not optimal. the only thing I can change there is not to have awacs at all.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #128
IronMike

yeah well, since this was kind of a "real red flag", lol, both AWACS considered you as friendly and helped
104th_IronMike #23

www.104thphoenix.com
Old 07-02-2017, 08:27 PM   #129
plaiskool

Reputation power: 3
plaiskool will become famous soon enoughplaiskool will become famous soon enough

Gents,

Any timelapse video of the tacview?

Thx
plaiskool is offline   Reply With Quote