TGP on Cheek station

Roger_Balls

Does anyone know if there is a timeline for the TPOD on the cheek or hip stations?

No news that I’ve seen.

I am sure it will be welcome.

The hornet has such short legs I would rather have one less slammer and have a centreline tank.

I have tried asymmetric load outs with one fuel tank on a wing station when flying in bomb truck mode :-)

Rightly said.

Cheek mount would be highly welcomed by me.

Center mount of the tgp at the moment compromises my ability to go far.

Good thing is that the FPAS page has become a frequent and good companion since launch of the tgp.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Does anyone know if there is a timeline for the TPOD on the cheek or hip stations?

You can edit the "DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C.lua" and add the tpod on the cheek station, I tried and it works.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

You can edit the "DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C.lua" and add the tpod on the cheek station, I tried and it works.

But that don't pass the IC for Multiplayer. So it may be useless for some.

Also it's not correct modeled on SMS

Greetings

Rightly said.

Cheek mount would be highly welcomed by me.

Center mount of the tgp at the moment compromises my ability to go far.

Good thing is that the FPAS page has become a frequent and good companion since launch of the tgp.

Why ? Cause you lose a central tank ? How about the drag you'll have for uneven load ? And A2AR ? What i mean is i got you're point, but its not like it cut you're combat radius in half :book:

No news that I’ve seen.

I am sure it will be welcome.

The hornet has such short legs I would rather have one less slammer and have a centreline tank.

I have tried asymmetric load outs with one fuel tank on a wing station when flying in bomb truck mode :-)

The Hornet definitely doesnt have "short legs". You can use asymmetric load as well, but you should know how to fly with it. Its even more fun. You can find pictures in the web, and you will see that asymmetric load is very often used by real pilots. And Hornet has also FPAS sub-page, which is very useful and even without additional fuel tanks, you can fly a hundreds of miles when calculate fuel and using FPAS page properly.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

You can fly from Anapa to Tblisi on full burner at 1.8+M without external tanks.

You can fly for nearly two hours without external tanks if you follow the FPAS page.

With external tanks and following the FPAS page you can do a lap of the black sea in a 3+hour sojourn.

It's not that the Hornet has "short legs", it's that the A-10 has incredibly long legs, and that people get "range anxiety" when they see the fuel level go below half.

The Hornet definitely doesnt have "short legs". You can use asymmetric load as well, but you should know how to fly with it. Its even more fun. You can find pictures in the web, and you will see that asymmetric load is very often used by real pilots. And Hornet has also FPAS sub-page, which is very useful and even without additional fuel tanks, you can fly a hundreds of miles when calculate fuel and using FPAS page properly.

+1. Asymmetric load out can be challenging to fly at first, and can require some practice to do so - in real life and also in the sim. But mainly - you don't need the center bag to really expand your flight time. Typically used for initial burner on / after take off or ingress into area. Fuel is gone by the time you are typically even close to combat area.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria