Center pylon ?

max22

It does have a centre pylon but as far as I know it can only be used for a droptank or ECM pod and not weapons, although I'd be glad to be wrong about that!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Can the F-16C take a center pylon, like the hornet does ? This will benefit in more ammo loaded on the wings.

USAF F-16C block 50 circa 2007 after CCIP can carry a 300 gallon tank or a ALQ-184 on the center line pylon, or a ALQ-131 on a center line adapter. There is not much room for anything else. Even the tanks and ECM pod do get hit bit the runway barrier/cable some times because of the low clearance.

Other F-16 versions and other F-16 versions from other countries can carry several different things on the center line station, but it depends on specifics (like most other things on the F-16).

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

This is back when Shaw AFB still had block 25, over 25 years ago.

84-1262_2.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Tanks and barrier cables.... unbelievable how much damage is done by that cable.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Look at those Mk-84s! Without Weapons, it’s just another Airline! :)

....and he’s taxiing with his missile seeker head cover on!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

They normally remove them and take out the safety pins at the runway threshold immediately prior to take off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

No, nose covers on the AIM-9 are normally removed as soon as the aircraft starts, the landing gear pins are removed before it taxied and the lollipop and other pins from the weapons are removed the End of Runway (EOR). Not sure why this aircraft is taxing with all of that stuff still on, that is not normal, maybe back then in Shaw AFB.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

The procedure for the AIM-9 dome has changed so many times in the last 20 years. Was once right before taxi, another was before startup, another is after startup. Currently it is before startup and install after shutdown.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

No, nose covers on the AIM-9 are normally removed as soon as the aircraft starts, the landing gear pins are removed before it taxied and the lollipop and other pins from the weapons are removed the End of Runway (EOR). Not sure why this aircraft is taxing with all of that stuff still on, that is not normal, maybe back then in Shaw AFB.

Thank You Sir!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

The procedure for the AIM-9 dome has changed so many times in the last 20 years. Was once right before taxi, another was before startup, another is after startup. Currently it is before startup and install after shutdown.

Yep, that's how we do it here at Luke Panther. Everything off at crew show.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fun read for anyone that isn't aware of what the center pylon has been tested for use with in the past: https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-f-16-gun-pod-that-tried-to-shoot-down-the-a-10-wart-1597577525

As of today, the station 5 is good for travel pods, jammer pods, red-air pods, and fuel tanks.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Fun read for anyone that isn't aware of what the center pylon has been tested for use with in the past: https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-f-16-gun-pod-that-tried-to-shoot-down-the-a-10-wart-1597577525

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2804963&postcount=451

To whom it may concern,

Oh no.....the Hades bomb is not real? What will I do now? (wink)

image.jpg

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).