[BUG] Right engine does not spin up after re-spawning form being shot down

AMRAAM_Missiles

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still having trouble reproducing this bug, I've spent hours trying to get this to happen. I think in rare situations DCS does not initialize something in the correct order, and for some reason only the right engine does not think there is fuel available. Not sure what's special about the right engine, both engines use the exact same code.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Still having trouble reproducing this bug, I've spent hours trying to get this to happen. I think in rare situations DCS does not initialize something in the correct order, and for some reason only the right engine does not think there is fuel available. Not sure what's special about the right engine, both engines use the exact same code.

Thanks for the efforts anyways. I can totally understand how hard it must be to reproduce this bug, given how seldom it occurs, which is also a good thing at the same time. Happens to me about once a months or less and I fly the Tomcat pretty regularly.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's a good thing that it became less, but still a bug that keeps "haunting" us.

If ever you guys stumble over it and can produce a track, etc it is still highly appreciated. Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I played almost all day in this session i'm 6 time hit and engine down left or right after impact bullet or missile this side who it not possible of restarts after repair and when i'm hit from bullet or missile and not engine damage but i'have hydraulic leaking after repair this not repair and nose steering is not working attache log file. hoping it can help

I do not arrive attached this log file

Edited by bulding

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:alien:My dailymotion channel:http://www.dailymotion.com/buldingm :pilotfly:

and youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/buldingm

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just happened to me today on BlueFlag server after being killed. Close and restart DCS fixed it.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• 3 weeks later...

After the 2nd engine does not start, I disable the assymetric thrust limiter, activate air start, and take off (works on CV or land). I put the engine starter in right most position and usually activate the the SEC mode on the right engine. After a few minutes it starts right up when I pull throttle back, shut off fuel, and reclick throttle to activate start sequence (position after doing that does not matter so I keep it in burner). After reloading I can start the engine and not have to restart the game.

I decided to time it the other day and it was 4 minutes 30 seconds after catapult launch. However, I forgot to activate the SEC mode for backup throttle control, and when I clicked that and did my throttle back, click to cutoff, click throttle to normal again, and back up it instantly started up just like normal.

This probably doesn't help you guys pin it down, but just wanted to give you some extra data from a desperate absolute fan of the F14 you guys have made. And that it doesn't require a restart every time to fix, and the SEC mode thing that seems to help it start.

To rehash the steps a bit clearer:

1.Turn off assymetric thrust limiter and take off full burner (works on both CV and land if you use appropriate rudder inputs, even full combat load and fuel).

2.Fly around for like 3 minutes and build up speed (Sometimes it takes a few minutes before I can start).

3.Hit right engine SEC switch for backup throttle control.

4.Activate airstart switch

5.Activate right engine starter

6.Hit right engine throttle from cutoff to normal (it can gun up to afterburn with your other throttle, doesn’t matter).

This has worked for me 100% of the time every time I have the glitch. Going to see if I can refine and test it more each time it happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem also appeared for us now, still existing bug, only restarting DCS seemed to solve the problem. Issue appeared after being shot down. Will try to find the track file.

Human RIO, Mission: "Through the Inferno", after being shot down by F-4 armament unclear atm. Current open beta client.

Edited by Lancezh

• 1 month later...

May have a new clue guys. Tonight it happened to me on blue flag as well. But instead of restarting DCS i decided to move on to a server that has air-start like the Justdogfights. So there i was blasting and getting blasted, when after about half an hour i noticed something strange.

Every time i respawned, my wings were at 40 or something degrees, and wouldn't not swing back or forward on their own, even when selecting AUTO. I had to first manually swing them back or forward using the throttle switch, then select auto and they would work as normal.

After finishing up with MP, i restarted DCS punched a new mission again, and the wings and the engine worked as they should.

Hope this helps.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 3 weeks later...

My question is, have you guys tried repairing the jet? And if so could this be temporalily be fixed by a repair (resetting all possible failure states)? Really odd issue indeed. I've really only had it happen after getting shot down and respawning in a new jet.

I've still not been able to reproduce this as it is an exceedingly rare bug.

A pretty high likelyhood of it happening is jumping on a MP server, either dying or crashing and respawning in a new Tomcat. Once this happens maybe you can analyse the issue better.

A pretty high likelyhood of it happening is jumping on a MP server, either dying or crashing and respawning in a new Tomcat. Once this happens maybe you can analyse the issue better.

I've spent hours trying to do that and it never happens. The thing is, I often only have a couple hours per week to work on the F-14 and spending all of that time hoping to reproduce a rare bug is just not worth taking time away from other much more important features and fixes. Maybe one day.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

I've spent hours trying to do that and it never happens. The thing is, I often only have a couple hours per week to work on the F-14 and spending all of that time hoping to reproduce a rare bug is just not worth taking time away from other much more important features and fixes. Maybe one day.

That sounds like Catch 22. How can it ever be fixed for others if only you have to reproduce it but it never does happen? Maybe put in the update some extra file (dev tool) to fill with exported data to send you what's needed? Some hidden key combo to export current state when aircraft refuse to light up? Just throwing ideas.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That sounds like Catch 22. How can it ever be fixed for others if only you have to reproduce it but it never does happen? Maybe put in the update some extra file (dev tool) to fill with exported data to send you what's needed? Some hidden key combo to export current state when aircraft refuse to light up? Just throwing ideas.

Or a guide on how to properly report it once it breaks for someone.