a new and exciting World War II map in development

Captain Orso

Battle of the Bulge would be a poor choice IMO considering the competition. Some portion of Germany would be the best fit considering the a/c we have are all 1945 aircraft (or last month or 2 of 44) except the spit. Personally I'd like either Berlin or something with the alps the best.

That may be, but I thought of battle of the bulge, because it was eventually decided by air power and also the last air offensive of Germany https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bodenplatte In the months before the Luftwaffe stayed passive on the West Front, which makes the whole Normandy theater a bit uninteresting imo.

Berlin would be awesome but pretty ambitious considering it involves a huge populated area. But I would enjoy something that involves bomber interception, especially nightfighters.

The Med would be the most logical choice.

Specially North Africa.

1 They can continue to develop ETO planes that would fit in NA.

2 Most of the ground units are the same but different liveries.

3 They can introduce British carriers and Hellcats In preparation for Pacific. Even the Corsair would have a suitable map in UK colors.

4 Maps are simpler: SAND and Water! a few Odd towns here and there and you can even use PG buildings and structures.

??? :huh:

North Africa was over before any of the aircraft we have now were deployed.

I would love to see a good set of early war aircraft and some North African maps --would one ever be enough :D -- but honestly ... I should live so long.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

That may be, but I thought of battle of the bulge, because it was eventually decided by air power and also the last air offensive of Germany https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bodenplatte In the months before the Luftwaffe stayed passive on the West Front, which makes the whole Normandy theater a bit uninteresting imo.

Berlin would be awesome but pretty ambitious considering it involves a huge populated area. But I would enjoy something that involves bomber interception, especially nightfighters.

Its definitely interesting, and basically a perfect fit for our aircraft (except the Mustangs we have which are maybe a tad too late for it, but they aren't significantly different from the ones used there), but its being done by another sim. I think if there is that much overlap alot of people who currently buy and fly both because they offer different things they are interested in will end up just choosing one instead. And Im pretty sure what most will choose will not end up being DCS. As someone who wants to see DCS WWII continue to be developed, as well as have some people flying it online I think it would be a bad idea.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

??? :huh:

North Africa was over before any of the aircraft we have now were deployed.

I would love to see a good set of early war aircraft and some North African maps --would one ever be enough :D -- but honestly ... I should live so long.

the planeset that was flying in North Africa would be very appealing. unfortunately, we dont even have a single aircraft to fit with it yet....but yeah,...here is hope too that life is long...lol

Hello!

If it isn't too late, I'd like to suggest that if a new WW2 map is in development that you extend the northern boundary to the 60 degree lat. and 56 degree long. That way we can cover all Allied bases on the English Island for air bases and plan a proper air war.

Thanks for taking this in advisement.

Ohh, now I want to join and guess a bit:

Eastern Europe!

My bid is in smoke.gif

good that i have nothing to lose :D

This would be a nice map, but here only fougt the Russians against the Finns.

Finnland the land of the 187.888 seas

Winterwaroverview.thumb.JPG.19e5877e8df4f1fe15c1e72329ae48f4.JPG

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.90b51f2c2fa25c51c0eca8c0b4f86007.PNG

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Even though people wish for assorted theatres and contemplate what the competition is doing, the Netherlands/Belgium/Germany (Rhine) is the only logical step that makes sense for our planeset. Never mind what the competition does- this is where these aircraft flew and fought- it is a varied landscape that can utilize all 4 seasons and makes perfect sense. I am hoping ED sees it the same way!

Edited by zionid

Even though people wish for assorted theatres and contemplate what the opposition is doing, the Netherlands/Belgium/Germany (Rhine) is the only logical step that makes sense for our planeset. Never mind what the competition does- this is where these aircraft flew and fought- it is a varied landscape that can utilize all 4 seasons and makes perfect sense. I am hoping ED sees it the same way!

+1

Even though people wish for assorted theatres and contemplate what the opposition is doing, the Netherlands/Belgium/Germany (Rhine) is the only logical step that makes sense for our planeset. Never mind what the competition does- this is where these aircraft flew and fought- it is a varied landscape that can utilize all 4 seasons and makes perfect sense. I am hoping ED sees it the same way!

Makes sense. (I guess we wait and see). :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I strongly hope its gonna be eastern fron with some proper snow storm, like STALINGRAD!!!!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

We will be in Europe a little while longer.

What is the reasoning behind telling us we have a new map coming but not telling us what it is?

Perhaps to not have to deal with and delay the inevitable gnashing of teeth if it is not what is desired by some?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...