Quick update from AvioDev

JuanOscar

@Alacc17

Please be fair, there was a lot going on in ED's engine that was slowing 3rd parties down. That doesn't apply to Aviodev alone but to all of them.

That being said, I am of course not happy about it, but I am sure Aviodev, VEAO and others feel the same way.

DCS 1.5 release broke many modules, However Aviodev were so silent, And its nice to see what there upto.

@Alacc17

Please be fair...

I'm not fair? Where?

... there was a lot going on in ED's engine that was slowing 3rd parties down. That doesn't apply to Aviodev alone but to all of them.

And here is the reason. Wonderful.

Tell it to Belsimtek. Their MiG-15 beta came at the same time with the C-101. They were comparable a year ago? No. They are comparable now? A rhetorical question.

Tell it to RAZBAM, who released absolutely pre-alpha Mirage three months ago. And how Mirage looks now? Only three months later.

Be fair? OK. Let's be fair.

фил фоба не слаще...

i5-3570K, 24GB DDR3-1600, 6GB GTX1060, Win7x64

Belsimtek is not a 3rd party, but a ED partner. They have a closer cooperation.

Razbam is more experienced with modeling and so on, also they probably started the important stuff after the changes that were game-breaking for VEAO and Aviodev.

So I am not sure if we can compare those.

(EDIT: Also I am not sure if we are allowed to have this discussion here, just saying. I don't want to anger anyone.)

I'm not fair? Where?

And here is the reason. Wonderful.

Tell it to Belsimtek. Their MiG-15 beta came at the same time with the C-101. They were comparable a year ago? No. They are comparable now? A rhetorical question.

Tell it to RAZBAM, who released absolutely pre-alpha Mirage three months ago. And how Mirage looks now? Only three months later.

Be fair? OK. Let's be fair.

I

Mig is far less complicated than C101. Actually apart from the fligth model, the systems are very, very well done, and detqiled. And, oh, there is not just one, BUT two aircrafts. Don't forget that.

EVeryone had serious problems. You can't just use others devellopers as exemple, because all 3rd party were involved in serious and long troubles.

VEAO had problem with texture and coder, took them a while to recover

RAZBAM weren't even able to complete their first project

Beczeeerrr I mean Leatherneck had an internal crisis and nearly cancelled the project after 2 years of delay.

WW2 project was cancelled and later taken over by ED

Belsimtek first releases weren't far from being complete. I'm not sure they even implemented yet the engine management in UH1.

IRIS bailed out

Kinley Interactive didn't even launched

Everyone has serious problem. Except OctopusG. (for now). Most have recovered. It may just happen to aviodev as well.

EVeryone had serious problems. You can't just use others devellopers as exemple, because all 3rd party were involved in serious and long troubles.

VEAO had problem with texture and coder, took them a while to recover

RAZBAM weren't even able to complete their first project

Beczeeerrr I mean Leatherneck had an internal crisis and nearly cancelled the project after 2 years of delay.

WW2 project was cancelled and later taken over by ED

Belsimtek first releases weren't far from being complete. I'm not sure they even implemented yet the engine management in UH1.

IRIS bailed out

Kinley Interactive didn't even launched

Everyone has serious problem. Except OctopusG. (for now). Most have recovered. It may just happen to aviodev as well.

Err..... Darkwork, some points...

VEAO has coming to update texture and code of Hawk on late march update. Expected release P-40F and April Late, other projects continue working.

RAZBAM has make extensive progress to update and complete M2000C module and expected put out the beta in some mounths. Continue working on subsequence progress

Leathernek has nothing internal crisis and work on update and correct bugs on mig-21bis (public bugtracker), and continue working on F-14 / Viggen / F4-U projects, and have maps to your modules.

WW2 project never was canceled, the projetc pass to ED, and them has release the Fw-190D-9 and Bf-109D-9, and working on Spitfire MkIX and P-47, and North France map (old Normandy WW2) with expected release on that year, the Me-262 and the B-17F AI have in initial stages.

Belsimtek first module UH-1 has get updates, the Mi-8 get updates. The Mig-15Bis has out beta and the F-86F has near out beta. And now, working on F-5E Tiger II module. Waiting to ED complete Multicrew funtionality to implement them into UH-1 and Mi-8.

IRIS lost your 3rd party status some years ago.

Kinney never get a 3rd party status, and not get the necessary money as not complete KickStarter of F-35.

Aviodev has release on beta your C-101EB and continue working to release the C-101CC (a complete diferent aircraft), meanwhile has in the initial stages to build a Mirage F-1 module.

Polichop working of release a Sa-342 Gazelle and working on Bo-105 and Ju-87 Stuka.

And other teams has in progress to get 3rd party status, as Octopus-G with a I-16 Type 24, RED WING Simulations as NH-90 and Alpha jet and Tailored Radials as DHC-4 Caribou.

If you like check the actual status of DCS: W, check the roadmap: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

In my opinion, ED should step in and do something about this situation.

They put the C-101 in the store a long, looong time ago. People can still make the mistake and buy a beta module that is not being updated. The screens and even promisies from Aviodev is also far between. Excuses like "our regular day jobs take a lot of time" and such. I didn't see a warning sign about this when I, and many others bought the C-101. This "product" cost around 60$ and It is treated like a weekend Hobby-project? Aviodev is so confident that they really needed to throw a bonus Mirage F1 screenshot in our faces? Someone, anyone, please fix this situation.

Best rega..

/RAGE QUIT

They put the C-101 in the store a long, looong time ago. People can still make the mistake and buy a beta module that is not being updated. The screens and even promisies from Aviodev is also far between. Excuses like "our regular day jobs take a lot of time" and such. I didn't see a warning sign about this when I, and many others bought the C-101. This "product" cost around 60$ and It is treated like a weekend Hobby-project? Aviodev is so confident that they really needed to throw a bonus Mirage F1 screenshot in our faces? Someone, anyone, please fix this situation.

Best rega..

/RAGE QUIT

This :mad:

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Best rega..

/RAGE QUIT

Second :director:

This is why I have trust issue with new 3rd Party, Trainer (Hawk, C101EB ... very expensive products with FSX quality - yeah I mean low quality). And this is why I dont put money on the new L39 and maybe Gazelle at Beta stage. I really want to support developers but only for the one who gain my trust.

Edited by anlq
  • Like 1

Im not angry Im just afraid for aviodev.

They are so quiet these days... I need to hear something.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

• ED Team

Forum activity should not be used to measure the state of a third party, they are busy developing.

I personally find the negativity disheartening, we are a niche community and we should be supportive if we want to see our hobby grow.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Aviodev is so confident that they really needed to throw a bonus Mirage F1 screenshot in our faces?

3D modellers and texturers has actually the first persons of complete your part of work on a project, if them has complete your work on the C-101EB and CC 3D models, normally that moving to a new project to save time. Not bad see them has progress on them (Others 3rd parties make the same system). The "bad" part actually has in the roft of coders and beta testers. Patience, folks.