DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Im a bit confused. From Wags post there are two phases to the Viper.

Phase 1 Early Access and Phase 2 product sustainment.

Will eveything listed under Phase 1 be avalible at launch?

Phase 1 should be including all capabilities Wags mentioned.

After that it's the same as the hornet and you will see items being added overtime

g8PjVMw.png

Will eveything listed under Phase 1 be avalible at launch?

look at the feature maturity of the hornet then ask yourself the likelihood of the f-16 having a lead in maturity over it with only a few months left before the ea launch window

seriously if you guys would just take a short break from huffing your own smoke and use your brain for once

Wow... :cry: I think it is a relevant question as the product is already up for sale. I do know the state of Hornet, but that still leaves us guessing about the Viper at release. Talked to a couple of other people I fly with and they assume that Phase 1 items are included at launch... If we’re going to buy this before release, is it really too much to ask what will be included on Day 1?

Compared to the way the Hornet was released, the only additional things the Viper would have are Aim9X/JHMCS (already on the Hornet), plus SAM and TWS radar modes right? Assuming that it is relatively straightforward to code one feature and then apply it to both modules, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect all the Phase 1 stuff to be out at release (and for the Hornet to have TWS by then). After all, release is set to be in Autumn which practically means they can go full Heatblur and release the module in December.

Compared to the way the Hornet was released, the only additional things the Viper would have are Aim9X/JHMCS (already on the Hornet), plus SAM and TWS radar modes right? Assuming that it is relatively straightforward to code one feature and then apply it to both modules, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect all the Phase 1 stuff to be out at release (and for the Hornet to have TWS by then). After all, release is set to be in Autumn which practically means they can go full Heatblur and release the module in December.

I wouldn't assume all the F18 functionality will be in the Viper on day 1. As they say, the devil is in the details of how each system works.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What is DTT?

1,4-Dithiothreitol? ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What is DTT?

Dual Target Track, A sub mode from Situation Awareness Mode (SAM) found in some version of the radar.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I wouldn't assume all the F18 functionality will be in the Viper on day 1. As they say, the devil is in the details of how each system works.

I didn't mean that; I meant that the list of Phase 1 features in the Viper is not terribly different features-wise from the first release of the Hornet.

Аutumn is after 2-3 weeks...Did they said something about date? Thanks.

In the Steam there is a date, DCS F-16C pre-order ends September 25.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1090850/DCS_F16C_Viper/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

It's the F-14 release all over again :D

People will be people :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It's the F-14 release all over again :D

Gawd I hope so! The F-14 is a beast of an aircraft and a great module...

Was it released late? I don't remember...I know it's here now and I'm happy.

We will remember how well it's done a lot longer than how fast it was done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.