Su-17M4 / Su-22 Manual

MobiSev

Here are some .. but ... not free .. and not in english :(

http://www.aircraft-reports.com/sukhoi/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

ive been searching for a long time and cant find free ones.

~$150 for roughly a dozen technical publications? I've spent three times that making single publications available for developers based on rarity. Most of these sorts of documents from the Soviet era have print runs of one to two thousand copies, worldwide; that puts them more in line with antiquities and rare books. Then you're dealing with the expense of finding contacts, people who will sell, and people who will export.

All of this costs for this information. And this is an incredibly cheap starting investment to have a solid foundation for even a mod.

Pony up.

~$150 for roughly a dozen technical publications? I've spent three times that making single publications available for developers based on rarity. Most of these sorts of documents from the Soviet era have print runs of one to two thousand copies, worldwide; that puts them more in line with antiquities and rare books. Then you're dealing with the expense of finding contacts, people who will sell, and people who will export.

All of this costs for this information. And this is an incredibly cheap starting investment to have a solid foundation for even a mod.

Pony up.

umm...good for you? Also, pony up? How about no? I'm not making the mod, nor am I even thinking about making a mod. There are plenty of free PDFs of manuals/documents out there for military planes (F-14 just off the top of my head).

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/avialogs/aircraft-manuals-and-documents.html

And hey, maybe there was a free PDF of the manual for this plane out there like there are for a bunch others...if there wasn't, oh well. I was trying to help a friend out by asking around here to see if anyone else had more luck.

favorite part is where he just turns around and regurgitates it into the mod thread

all of the glory at none of the cost eh

The only link I posted was in that thread was for this thread where literally everyone can very plainly see that it was not me, but rather Rudel_chw that found them.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

umm...good for you? Also, pony up? How about no? I'm not making the mod, nor am I even thinking about making a mod.

No, you just want someone else to make the mod, and "help" them with the smallest modicum of assistance you can offer, outside of good thoughts and hope.

This is a mod. There's no eventual pathway to recompense for time or expense for those who work on it. While gratitude is nice, provision of source material is a more convincing argument that the effort will be appreciated. I'd expect those praying for a Fitter could rub together a couple bucks to buy one or two of those documents, and work together to get the person doing the actual work the entire set collectively.

Seriously- even you admit the guy is behind the 8 ball on direct modding experience. The least someone doing the prodding can do is help alleviate excess effort and stress on his part in some other fashion.

There are plenty of free PDFs of manuals/documents out there for military planes (F-14 just off the top of my head).

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/avialogs/aircraft-manuals-and-documents.html

And what is there at no charge amounts to less than 5% of the material required to develop a module, and perhaps a quarter of what is necessary to make a quality mod.

No, you just want someone else to make the mod, and "help" them with the smallest modicum of assistance you can offer, outside of good thoughts and hope.

This is a mod. There's no eventual pathway to recompense for time or expense for those who work on it. While gratitude is nice, provision of source material is a more convincing argument that the effort will be appreciated. I'd expect those praying for a Fitter could rub together a couple bucks to buy one or two of those documents, and work together to get the person doing the actual work the entire set collectively.

Seriously- even you admit the guy is behind the 8 ball on direct modding experience. The least someone doing the prodding can do is help alleviate excess effort and stress on his part in some other fashion.

And what is there at no charge amounts to less than 5% of the material required to develop a module, and perhaps a quarter of what is necessary to make a quality mod.

You got that wrong in the first part. I'm not really interested in the module, but he obviously is. I wasn't looking to actively participate in the mods development in any way, but felt the least I could do was ask people here on his behalf for help finding the manual. There's no problem with that at all.

And I'm pretty sure he knows that module creation with involve a lot more than just looking at some random free documents online...

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Compare/contrast:

I'm not really interested in the module, but he obviously is.

versus

ugh...ive been searching for a long time and cant find free ones.

Why would someone who is "not really interested in the module" search for a "long time" for the materials needed to create it?

And I'm pretty sure he knows that module creation with involve a lot more than just looking at some random free documents online...

I'd hope he does, given you don't.

Why would someone who is "not really interested in the module" search for a "long time" for the materials needed to create it?

It's called hyperbole...and i was literally just asking where to find the manual...that's it

I'd hope he does, given you don't.

What? How did you come to that conclusion? You just quoted me saying that module creation requires more than just looking at free documents on the internet.

The only questions I asked in this thread were, "Anyone know where I can find a manual for this plane? or is it classified?" You just assumed that I thought a manual was all that was required to create a full module...

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned: