F-16 Videos & Pictures - Real World

JumpinK

190610-F-SA178-1082.JPG?m=1561027135

Col. Kristopher Struve, the 35th FW commander, holds up the 14th FS call sign, “wood,” before a takeoff at Misawa AB on June 10, 2019. This aircraft is the first Block-50 F-16 Fighting Falcon in the entire Air Force inventory to hit the 10,000-flight hour milestone. [uSAF photo by A1C China Shock]

Affectionately known as "BOB", 90-0808 is 29 years-old. The age of Col Struve was not disclosed. :lol:

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any pictures of the Viper armed with rockets? I never saw any so far.

94-0046, Block 50 from Shaw AFB

https://www.afcent.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2001888438/

Block 40 from Aviano AB, can't see the tail number on the first photo.

https://www.afcent.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2001827211/

https://www.afcent.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2001750282/

In the past, rockets where mostly used to mark targets in the F-16. These photos seem to be laser guider rockets since the are sticking out of the pod.

https://www.eglin.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/962547/new-laser-guided-rocket-capability-tested/

2VUF9whYaqM

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 weeks later...

APG-68 (time 4:49)

Notice the smooth and continuous trackfile extrapolation on the targets. Even the one leaving the radars scan volume on the bottom left of the display continues to be extrapolated and doesn't fade out after 4 seconds (>.>).. Hope this logic makes its way into DCS radar logic...

Edited by Beamscanner

So I understand and to make it clear, you want ED to model a late 1980 block 25 radar for the USAF Block 50 circa 2007?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So I understand and to make it clear, you want ED to model a late 1980 block 25 radar for the USAF Block 50 circa 2007?

No. He didn’t say that. He wants ED to model radars more realistically across the board and that video just happens to show one thing that ED haven’t got right yet.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

No. He didn’t say that. He wants ED to model radars more realistically across the board and that video just happens to show one thing that ED haven’t got right yet.

I will PM you since this seems beyond the scope of this thread

To whom it may concern,

No..?

I want proper radar logic built into the latest iteration of ED modules. Some of the recent ED 4th gen modules lack said logic...

tried PM Deano87, but he just told me to PM you. What does the video show that is not modeled correctly in DCS?

Keeping in mind the video does not tell us if it is on the actual aircraft or a demo, or a simulator. It does not show the version of the APG-68, what software is on the aircraft, what updates to the radar, what years was it recorded, what country is that from, etc.

I tried similar scenario in DCS with the F-15, seven targets at 80+ miles same altitude, first one/closest being soft lock in TWS. DCS showed the exact behavior as in the video as far as I can tell.

To whom it may concern,

tried PM Deano87, but he just told me to PM you. What does the video show that is not modeled correctly in DCS?

Keeping in mind the video does not tell us if it is on the actual aircraft or a demo, or a simulator. It does not show the version of the APG-68, what software is on the aircraft, what updates to the radar, what years was it recorded, what country is that from, etc.

I tried similar scenario in DCS with the F-15, seven targets at 80+ miles same altitude, first one/closest being soft lock in TWS. DCS showed the exact behavior as in the video as far as I can tell.

If you read my initial post entirely you'll see that I mention what was lacking in DCS. Target extrapolation. Meaning the radar continues to predict target motion between radar revisits based on known target parameters (vector velocity, altitude, range, etc). Target extrapolation is the primary reason there is a limit to how many targets a radar can 'track'.

In the video you can see that the trackfiles continue to move smoothly between antenna revisits. The when the radar does make it back to the trackfile, the position is updated with the targets true position. As the radar moves off, the position is extrapolated again until the radar gets another visit.

This logic is not present in ED modules yet. The hornet does not yet perform target extrapolation though it should be doing this in LTWS RWS. As per the manual, the radar can track up to 10 targets in RWS/TWS.

Many other features are missing in ED modules as well.

Just to name a few:

-Closely spaced targets being detected as one target

-Accurate trackfile ageout

-Altitude notch (Heatblur actually has this modeled in the F-14, but not ED)

-Doppler notch off in look-up conditions (again, Heatblur has modeled this)

-Unassociated radar hits. (you can actually see this in the APG-68 video I posted, but if a "brick" is too far from a trackfile or doesn't line up with the trackfiles projected path, the brick wont be properly associated/coorelated to the trackfile. And thus you'll see a 'random' brick pop in once in awhile. In truth, it is probably a hit of the target with parameters that didnt quite meet the criteria for trackfile association. For instance, if it was a large target, your sidelobes could have detected the target again at the same range but offset left or right of the trackfile.

PYqcfeB.jpg?1

Edited by Beamscanner

• 2 weeks later...
I will PM you since this seems beyond the scope of this thread

Lol

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice video, just 1 week old:)

I live around 4km to that F-16 base (Krzesiny, EPKS) - yes, they make a thundering noise every 10AM :D

Some galleries of them landing:

https://msielski.com/?view=album20190605

https://msielski.com/?view=album20190606

https://msielski.com/?view=album20190612

https://msielski.com/?view=album20190618

Edited by ghashpl

A couple of pictures from the end of May when I was lucky enough to be invited to a photo flight with "the Dark Falcon" and the two D-Day Vipers over Belgium. What a fantastic day that was, and what beauties they are!

01.thumb.jpg.5444c65bf461bbc4b2bbe32379d23a9f.jpg

05.thumb.jpg.f971325ea2fafed3e70cac25b8a7dbc9.jpg

07.thumb.jpg.801ef7685c38018442bfd6168ee54a7c.jpg

Last weekend at Sliač AB (LZSL), Vipers from Belgium, Poland and Greece. Last two also on dynamic display:thumbup: Really beauties!

I was there as well! I was very happy to see two F-16 dynamic displays :) I hope they bring the F/A-18 back though, last year their demo was phenomenal.

I was there as well! I was very happy to see two F-16 dynamic displays :) I hope they bring the F/A-18 back though, last year their demo was phenomenal.

That's great! But, did you checked the info-board in front of that Belgian Viper? There was incorrect engine on it.

F100 was mounted and F110 on the Board:)

The 310th FS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

If you read my initial post entirely you'll see that I mention what was lacking in DCS. Target extrapolation. Meaning the radar continues to predict target motion between radar revisits based on known target parameters (vector velocity, altitude, range, etc). Target extrapolation is the primary reason there is a limit to how many targets a radar can 'track'.

In the video you can see that the trackfiles continue to move smoothly between antenna revisits. The when the radar does make it back to the trackfile, the position is updated with the targets true position. As the radar moves off, the position is extrapolated again until the radar gets another visit.

This logic is not present in ED modules yet. The hornet does not yet perform target extrapolation though it should be doing this in LTWS RWS. As per the manual, the radar can track up to 10 targets in RWS/TWS.

Many other features are missing in ED modules as well.

Just to name a few:

-Closely spaced targets being detected as one target

-Accurate trackfile ageout

-Altitude notch (Heatblur actually has this modeled in the F-14, but not ED)

-Doppler notch off in look-up conditions (again, Heatblur has modeled this)

-Unassociated radar hits. (you can actually see this in the APG-68 video I posted, but if a "brick" is too far from a trackfile or doesn't line up with the trackfiles projected path, the brick wont be properly associated/coorelated to the trackfile. And thus you'll see a 'random' brick pop in once in awhile. In truth, it is probably a hit of the target with parameters that didnt quite meet the criteria for trackfile association. For instance, if it was a large target, your sidelobes could have detected the target again at the same range but offset left or right of the trackfile.

PYqcfeB.jpg?1

+1!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk