Flight sticks moves on its own

So when sitting on the tarmac the flight stick will move all on its own. No power on the airplane. Not a big deal. But while in flight when I trim the stick moves then immediately tries to spring back to center. I turn on the little red flight stick/control indicator and it shows the trim moving and the stick just bouncing right back instead of stayin place. Then when I pitch up or down the elevator will first go in the direction of the trim, and with more input then it starts to do what I’m telling it to do. VERY STRANGE. I had a Logitech 3D pro when this first started happening so I thought well this a great excuse to get a new joystick. So now I have the TM T16000 HOTAS and it’s doing the same exact thing! Please help!!!!

Another very strange thing is I just went back to basic training section and everything is normal! It’s only in the campaigns and mission modes that the flight controls are doing all this weird stuff!! The controls are very jumpy/sticky. when I do apply trim the in game yoke just bounces right back to center. when I roll or pitch the airplane, the initial movement of the stick is not registered, then it will jump 5 degrees or so to the direction im inputting.

Edited by Franktank

double-mapping of some controls?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

negative. i deleted all mapped controls. including the keyboard, mouse and joystick. both on the simulation and game drop downs. no fix. even if this was the issue why would it still work fine in the training module and not in the missions? total head scratcher. i even tried deleting the .LUA files thinking maybe my old joystick caused the original problem somehow and dcs was maybe hanging on to it. I dont know. but nothing still the same problem.

Edited by Franktank

Which Campaigns? Which Missions?

Could be that you have TO Trim mapped, and a trigger in the game is centering all your controls for take-off.

EAC enabled/disabled with Gun armed will also change pitch, and move your stick.

Might want to check the triggers in the Mission/Campaign, or if you have double mapped TO Trim button, or EAC/LASTE buttons. All of these will cause the stick to move to change the attitude of the aircraft for take off or arming of the GAU.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

So when sitting on the tarmac the flight stick will move all on its own.

I think that's quite normal, at least in DCS. When I see that, the stick slowly alternates between fully forward and fully aft, but won't go sideways. Is that what you're seeing?

I'm not sure if this is realistic, but it's been like this for a long time. It will stop as soon as the first engine starts and hydraulic power comes up.

But while in flight when I trim the stick moves then immediately tries to spring back to center.

Check the game's options for "Force Feedback". If you don't have a Force Feedback Joystick (pretty sure the T16000 isn't FFB), but the box is checked, trim in the A-10C will be foobar. I think that's the most common cause for trim not working.

I think that's quite normal, at least in DCS. When I see that, the stick slowly alternates between fully forward and fully aft, but won't go sideways. Is that what you're seeing?

I'm not sure if this is realistic, but it's been like this for a long time. It will stop as soon as the first engine starts and hydraulic power comes up.

Not a bug but the wind blowing the elevators up and down, happens on the real jet.

Not a bug but the wind blowing the elevators up and down, happens on the real jet.

Interesting. In more than 40 years I've never seen hydraulically powered elevators to be moved by the wind IRL.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Interesting. In more than 40 years I've never seen hydraulically powered elevators to be moved by the wind IRL.

happens pretty much to any airplane when the hydraulics are not powered and in presence of strong winds.

Also happens on airliners like the 737NG (which I fly IRL)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

happens pretty much to any airplane when the hydraulics are not powered and in presence of strong winds.

Also happens on airliners like the 737NG (which I fly IRL)

Funny, I never noticed this on the A320, 767 etc I used to fly IRL. Rudder yes, but elevator, never.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070