Mission set power limits for aircraft?

Mr_sukebe

I'm very conscious that the current warbirds are specific models and have been built to be as faithful as possible to those aircraft.

Unfortunately that's generated a bit of an issue with "balance", e.g. the ability of the German warbirds to use MW50, which was not available until early 44', some two years after the Spitfire IX was introduced.

The reality being that aircraft on both sides were being regularly updated with new enhancements.

Another point being that if you're a 3rd party developer, considering for example, the introduction of a Hurricane, if aircraft are utterly fixed, then you might well wonder how many sales you'll make of an aircraft that was fine in it's role against early 110s, but would be utterly obsolete against a Dora.

For a solo player, well it's down to them to self regulate, or in the future use an ME262 against Spitfires.

For multi-player, I do wonder if it would be useful to be able to deliberately restrict the boost rating on aircraft to fit a time period or engagement, such that for example, a BF109K could be given "approximately" the same power as a G4, or even all the way back to 1940 levels. No, it's not technically accurate, but might well widen the scope of what aircraft are viable in game.

Thoughts?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

In the mission editor, for both the FW 190 D-9 and Bf-109 K4, there is the option to restrict the MW/Fuel-Tank contents in the "Additional properties for aircraft tab". Options are:

• Empty
  • MW-50 Mix
  • B-4 Gasoline

I do not know what the effects are of using these three options are, but it is probably worth investigating. Perhaps this would give the equivalent effect of "balancing" the power capability of these late-war German aircraft?

Additionally in the mission editor, an airfield can have restricted supplies. In the "Liquids" section, the number of tons of Water-mathanol mixture can be set. This would also restrict MW50 usage. With these options, it is then up to the mission builder... it is a choice in the same way that builders might refrain from adding the F/A-18C to WW2 missions! If the above limits on MW50 are appropriate, they would just need to simply impose these limitations (and put a friendly warning about it in the briefing!). :-)

In the mission editor, for both the FW 190 D-9 and Bf-109 K4, there is the option to restrict the MW/Fuel-Tank contents in the "Additional properties for aircraft tab". Options are:

• Empty
  • MW-50 Mix
  • B-4 Gasoline

I do not know what the effects are of using these three options are, but it is probably worth investigating. Perhaps this would give the equivalent effect of "balancing" the power capability of these late-war German aircraft?

Additionally in the mission editor, an airfield can have restricted supplies. In the "Liquids" section, the number of tons of Water-mathanol mixture can be set. This would also restrict MW50 usage. With these options, it is then up to the mission builder... it is a choice in the same way that builders might refrain from adding the F/A-18C to WW2 missions! If the above limits on MW50 are appropriate, they would just need to simply impose these limitations (and put a friendly warning about it in the briefing!). :-)

it would be nice to be able to set mw50 tank content, so mission builder could set mw50 ammount for 5minutes so the pilot would have only 5minutes of mw50 system engeged it would restrict time on mw50 significantly

i think you cant do that right now

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I know how to restrict the MW50, which is a great starting point, and makes them far more comparable to the Spit and Mustang that we currently have.

For all that, we have no ability to dial back any of the aircraft in any other way.

So in for example the scenario of an Me110 being introduced, it would be miles adrift.

For that matter, the planned I16. That will stand no chance against even the non-MW50 109.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.