• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't install it:

ERROR: Unknown module BALTICDRAGON_A10C-ENEMY_WITHIN_3_campaign

Any ideas?

Running the stable version 2.5.4.26552

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

You need OpenBETA 2.5.4.26825

Thanks Champ!

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Hi, could you please tell me if missions in 3.0 are similar to the old ones?

Hey Splash, I think you'll find your answer in this post. But in one word: NO. 98% of the VOs are completely new, 20 out of 21 mission scripts and dialogues are re-written from scratch. Feel free to grab the first mission from the post I linked and try it out, that should give you an idea of what to expect.

Cheers,

BD

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey BD, always loved your campaigns!

Question: I just started the demo Mission 1. Am I supposed to be flying lead or wing? The wingmen don't follow me, they just fly straight and level, so if I'm supposed to be lead I find myself flying formation over my shoulder off the guys behind me. Is this correct behaviour?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Thanks! I did read the brief and kneeboard, and did see the remarks about landing order, etc. My question is once the tanker goes off station, can I fall back and fly off the wing of the AI, or do I have to remain at the tip of the wedge formation? That's exceedingly difficult (hard on the neck!) when I'm flying off someone at my 5/7 o'clock.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Thanks! I did read the brief and kneeboard, and did see the remarks about landing order, etc. My question is once the tanker goes off station, can I fall back and fly off the wing of the AI, or do I have to remain at the tip of the wedge formation? That's exceedingly difficult (hard on the neck!) when I'm flying off someone at my 5/7 o'clock.

The natural thing to do is to fly behind them, as you are the last one to land anyway. There is nothing about formation in the briefing which means that it is up to you to decide how to fly.

Hi Baltic just one very minor observation...... In TEW3 M01 FINAL you have left the "View" file in the .miz so it defaults to your view settings.

I realise it's a relatively simple fix but not necessarily for everyone that will download your campaign. Thanks for all your hard work. Cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm also unable to install. Shouldn't the customer be advised before purchasing that they won't be able to install the DLC until a later version of DCS is available?

Sorry, it didn’t cross my mind, guess I am too used to that fact. You are right. There is an easy way of turning the stable into Beta and then back if you’re interested, though! And I really hope it will hit the stable this week.

Hi Baltic just one very minor observation...... In TEW3 M01 FINAL you have left the "View" file in the .miz so it defaults to your view settings.

I realise it's a relatively simple fix but not necessarily for everyone that will download your campaign. Thanks for all your hard work. Cheers.

Thanks, I will fix it. Good point.

I am curious how the view file ends up in a mission. Is there a check box for this? I have seen it happen many times over the years and it is annoying as hell.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am curious how the view file ends up in a mission. Is there a check box for this? I have seen it happen many times over the years and it is annoying as hell.

I had no idea there is something like this. Even less idea how to place one in a mission.. but I still did it! :music_whistling:

I started recording the missions:

Already after the first two missions it becomes obvious that the new campaign is several level higher in production value than the former version and that it is actually a completely new campaign which only has a similar setup and overall story line but is something totally new.

Same same. But different :-)