MAC/FC3 Intergration?

Steve Gee

As we haven't one a single 4th gen red fighter, my opinion is that ED must bring us first a full fidelity Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29, then they could split all they want.

Playing a sim to sim hypotetic and not historical accurate conflict between fighters that never fought eachother is not really much "hardcore" from my perspective.

Except NTTR Aggressors and Red Flag simulated fights IRL.

There's no hope for 4th gen hifi redfor fighter in the near future, though.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

I bought the latest issue @ pocketmags.com with Matt's interview.

What is real clear is that MAC and DCS World will be *seperate* products.

Matt mentions a kind of "overseer" system above both -or- what I guess would be the COMMON parts!?

Anyway, what if we don't buy MAC but stick with FC3 ?

Will FC3 planes be upgraded as the MAC counterparts may ?

What about the enhanced-"modern 2019" UI, the new missions and kind of Editor and/or better mission generator ... will that (eventually?) become part of DCS World as well ??

I do trust ED not to leave DCS World with the older version, not MAC Enhanced version.

I don't know (not mentioned) whether the Mission/Campagin Editor will make it into MAC and if so, whether that too would be a new (but maybe simplified) version.

I hope more people buy the magazine issue, if only to learn more/get an opinion on and about "MAC".

BTW PCPilot is incredible ... like the article where the (DCS-) Spitfire is compared with the many other PC Games/Sims featuring it).

Regards,

Stefaan

This definitely makes sense. MAC is a HUGE undertaking, forcing the DCS team to not only integrate several aircraft into the game but to also make them flyable with Keyboard and mouse as well as the perfect precursor to DCS World. The appeal that MAC has is it will attract entry level and new simmers to DCS and give them a platform that keeps the fun factor high as they learn. MAC will also help generate the revenue necessary to sustain further projects.

DCS once said that the illusion that they are "raking in the cash" is false. That may change with MAC to their benefit..... The question from that point forward will be; Will they let the money control their decisions? Will they sell out to EA or Activision? Will they get in bed with a much larger entity to make more money... We may all say; "No that will never happen blah blah blah.", but you would be surprised at how easily people can cave when tons of cash is waved in their faces.

I truly hope this never happens but let's not forget that DICE was an amazing company in 2004-5 with a devoted and loyal fanbase that swore DICE would never let greed dominate their decisions... Then it all went downhill when they got in bed with EA. From that point on it was all about the money.

ED, make it about your passion and put your customers first and the money will come. What you're creating is a niche market that you will dominate if you can make flight sims more of a norm in gaming.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

And on that note, has anyone heard about a possible release date?

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

And on that note, has anyone heard about a possible release date?

Nothing yet, but it's been said on here that the new Kuznetsov would be in MAC and in some comments about the detailed Nimitz module, it was stated that the Kuznetsov wouldn't be worked on any more until AFTER that was finished and a Arleigh Burke model as well, so who knows any more?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

As we haven't one a single 4th gen red fighter, my opinion is that ED must bring us first a full fidelity Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29, then they could split all they want.

Playing a sim to sim hypotetic and not historical accurate conflict between fighters that never fought eachother is not really much "hardcore" from my perspective.

Sorry for my bad English.

I agree about historical conflicts and fighters that fought each other IRL, I do not agree about red 4th gen: we can play Sabre vs mig-15, f-5 vs mig-19 and mig-21, we'll have iranian tomcats, there are already chances to play historical even without 4th gen reds.

There's no hope for 4th gen hifi redfor fighter in the near future, though.

That's not true, Wags said It in the last podcast: ED can't simulate a 4th gen red cause they are russian (maybe related to their military contracts?) but a 3rd party outside Russia could simulate whatever he wants

That's not true, Wags said It in the last podcast: ED can't simulate a 4th gen red cause they are russian (maybe related to their military contracts?) but a 3rd party outside Russia could simulate whatever he wants

So the only thing untrue is that there is hope - at least you have one - because we haven't seen any red 4th gen announced yet. That means near future (a few years) without such module even it was announced today.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Yes, you are true about reds: if a 3rd party wants to do one he can, but until now mig-23 by razbam is the most modern red plane announced.

By the way, Wags have said it clearly in the last podcast: MAC and DCS will be different products with different targets: MAC is for more casual gamers, while DCS will remain the "hardcore" sim. The new "shiny" MAC interface is aimed at developing a real AAA title to attract new players, I do not mind to have it in DCS. What is important is that they gain more revenue to invest in the DCS hardcore experience, developing new full-fidelity modules. Nevertheless, nothing is said in the podcast about the destiny of FC3 owners, or the possible online integration between the two products. Will FC3 be totally removed from DCS and merged in MAC? Will FC3 remain as it is, side by side with MAC? Will we continue to have the free su-25t or will it be merged in MAC and removed from DCS? We do not know. For what I'm concerned, as a FC3 owner I will be glad to buy MAC at a discount price and completely separate easier modules from hardcore ones: if I want a more action oriented easier experience I launch MAC, if I want to fly hardcore I launch DCS. If they will allow me to remove FC3 planes from DCS and merge them in MAC, eventually removing also game mode from DCS, I will be ok. But we'll se only when MAC will be closer.

Edited by nessuno0505

If they will allow me to remove FC3 planes from DCS and merge them in MAC, eventually removing also game mode from DCS, I will be ok. But we'll se only when MAC will be closer.

Since the Cat is out I care a lot less for what will happen to FC3 but I mostly agree with you on removing game parts from DCS. It would not be ok to some customers that used game mode but I guess it would be very few.

Separating FC3 aircraft from DCS would present a lot more problems and I still would not be ok with that until the far future where we have them all made HiFi. Also I would not accept the situation where I cannot fly FC3 aircraft after MAC release (improbable).

Of course jf-17 Is a 4th gen fighter, Is eastern and also "Red" in some way, but it's not russian.

About fc3 Planes in dcs, if they Will be merged into Mac it's quite unlikely ED can keep updated the same models both in Mac and dcs; maybe they can work each other online, if the server allows It, but dcs versions are destined to be abandoned, sooner or later. So I Say IMHO it's Better sooner by paying something to bring them to Mac and remove from dcs.

• 1 month later...

Agree with HiJack, why would ED absorb BST and then put their modules on another game? This provides an FC3 style game for the people who can't be bothered to learn AC like others in the community, and also targeting a new audience. They are all modules a lot of people already have which would make the community grow; we already have full fidelity planes vs FC3 grade planes online, why short yourself a huge market?

you need us open golf tips here

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad really, If people want Ace Combat they can go play Ace Combat with their mouse and keyboard.

MAC is opposite direction of what ED should be doing imo - let's get full fidelity conversions of FC3 aircraft - ie. F15C.

People come to DCS for its simulation aspects not just to fly an arcade game.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same place - I've played all manner of sims for years... and I don't have time anymore to learn the switchology for every aircraft... maybe one or two... but I'm really interested in having simplified 'HOTAS based' options.

• 3 weeks later...

I have beat my head against the wall trying to figure with is going on with FC3 and Mac. isn't here someone who can say when where?

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Too bad really, If people want Ace Combat they can go play Ace Combat with their mouse and keyboard.

MAC is opposite direction of what ED should be doing imo - let's get full fidelity conversions of FC3 aircraft - ie. F15C.

People come to DCS for its simulation aspects not just to fly an arcade game.

This may be true for most forum regulars, but how can you know that there aren't thousands of Steam users out there that just DL the free base sim and maybe one or two FC3 aircraft, and outnumber the hardcore sim enthusiasts 10-fold? After all, the game mode is there, and has been since the beginning afaik. I doubt that ED would release any numbers to confirm or deny this.

That said - I'm now a even less sure that we will ever see full fidelity clickable FC3 aircraft. On the need for that, I agree, but my money would be on Su-25 and Su-27/33.