The Enemy Within 3.0

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review. I’m just curious what it takes to make such a production behind the scenes. Other than requiring others to help provide voices, do you have lots of help, or is it a one-man-show? Is it just you alone creating the missions, editing the sounds, putting together docs, etc?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Pretty much one-man-show. I get a lot of help with VOs and beta testing, but the rest I am doing alone. Apart from sound editing where I have one person that helps me.

Wow, amazing!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hi Baltic Dragon,

Mission 4: georgian forces wouldn't contact me on Guard. What do I do wrong? Frequency tuned to Guard (243.0 MHz), nada. Circling between bullseye and D-town at 16k, nobody comes up. Didn't want to try to respond without them asking, dunno if F10 "Respond..." option is a one-shot or stays up if unsuccessful...

Game on pause, hoping for a quick answer... :smartass:

Thanks

Hey Razor - Check your kneeboard, Guard frequency for this mission is set to 121.5 (on civilian freq). Hope this helps!

Shoot... I looked every place possible, didn't find it. Is that the only place you can find it actually?

Thanks for your answer tough... :doh:

Overlord says to use Alpha Mike for this one, which is a hint. In general my advice is to go through the kneeboard / docs before each flight, you can find some pretty useful pointers in there from time to time!

Yeah, you're right. I just saw it now, and put "Alpha Mike" into perspective. I must have been task saturated the other day, remember didn't even understanding what the heck Alpha Mike should mean.

Awesome campaign btw! Played 1.5 initially for free in the stone age, then bought 2.0, enjoyed it immensly, now bought 3.0, and it is really yet another turn in it, keeping the good parts still re-writing it. No deja vu feeling at all, so big kudos for ya yet again ! If you'll go for 4.0 sometimes in the future, sign me up right now ! :thumbup:

Just flew the second mission. It. Is. Amazing. @Baltic Dragon, you have surpassed your Mirage campaign on this one. Really looking forward to savoring the rest of it.

I also just played it. Amazing. I was so proud of myself for spotting the targets before the cues came up (the first time I’ve managed to do so) especially since spotting in VR is a challenge. I was so excited, I blew everything up.

Tanks, infantry with machine guns, jeep, etc. It wasn’t until the voice cues came up that I realized I had actually obliterated all the friendlies securing the area, and had not even spotted the enemies until Overlord pointed them out! Doh! For the first time, I’m actually feeling good that I’m not flying a real A-10. I should have guessed that the CLA doesn’t have tanks yet, but I guess was just trigger happy.

I’m guessing I have to be patient and just follow the script from now on. Lesson learned.

Hey! I think you mean mission 18. This is a weird bug with radio transmissions but I managed to find a source and eliminate it - the fix is already submitted for the next open beta update. The temporary workaround is to tune your UHF radio at WP 1 so some time after takeoff. Oddly, these bug appears only for some people but doing what I suggested above seems to work - let me know if it idi for you.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hoo boy, bombing through a cloud deck took a bunch of study to get right. I almost nailed it and and then ate an igla to the face when the fancy bombs ran out. AI wingman is utterly useless in this one.

Second try I got it all right. Another great one BD!

Edited by schurem

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Thx for this campaign. After 8 years I started to play the A10 again. After a week of learning I mastered the first mission yesterday. It was really good. Looking forward for the mission 2.

And I like how you force me to use deeper systems I usually ignore like easy communications or CDU.

• 2 weeks later...
I will need to reinstall Win 10. Which campaign file should I backup, if I want to restore and continue playing the campaign where I left it off?

I believe all campaign progress is stored in:

Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

• 4 weeks later...

Before you buy on Steam. Currently the DLC is not installed after purchasing it from the store. One user (Nixxon) opened a ticket in steam support and they said its only available with DCS open alpha. Open Alpha is not an option to install in Steam.

Hey guys, I've reported this to NineLine; hopefully it'll be fixed quickly.

I can't speak for Baltic Dragon, but I think this is probably something that Eagle Dynamics have to fix because I think they're the ones communicating with Valve.

In any case, thanks for reporting, and I'm sure this will be sorted quickly.