P51D engine problems + other issues

Snapage

I noticed that our p-51 has early model version for triple gage oil temp/oil,fuel pressure. but we have late model.

So Run position is substitute for Auto lean/rich position, Im assuming that not only handle was changed but mixture control mechanism in carb too.

Run position will lean mixture at low power settings and it will rich mixture in high power setting so late planes haven't lost any benefits of heaving lean rich position, Run position will do this for the pilot.

So late version keeps fuel economy at low power settings and it automatically rich mixture when high power setting is set by pilot.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 10 months later...

I have to agree on engine failures. Im only starting in dcs, adn been learning p51. But it feels like a bit of love/hate relations at the moment. Its lovely to fly and shoot but its so unreliable. 2 days in a row in the same mission my engine suddenly dies, and i was just cruising, and been extremely gentle on it as well. All green and all by the book. But it just fails, for no apparent reasons. Go figure.