Red Force EPLRS datalink

Nicrative

Hi,

Is it not possible to have the datalink for F/A-18C from E-3 AWACS for the red force?

I am trying to create a mission where me and my friends could do some multiplayer PvP training with F/A-18Cs, F-14s and F-16s against each other. I got the blue side AWACS and datalink working perfectly but the red force is completely blind even though they have the same units with same settings just named differently and using different comm frequencies?

Any way to get the datalink working for red force as well so that the fight would be balanced?

Go to setting and make sure Unrestricted SAT/NAV is checked and you'll be able to use GPS and data link for Redfor.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Edited by Darcwaynard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Hi Darcwaynard,

Thanks for the tip. I got it to work now but I have to tune in to the AWACS frequency first. After tuning to AWACS frequency and requesting picture for example the SA page on the Hornet fills up. Guess this is because Datalink is done via VHF. It's weird though that if I tune off from that frequency the DL keeps updating still. But I am not an expert how it works in real life. I just liked how with the blue force the SA page works straight away without even tuning to AWACS but guess it's different for the red force.

Edited by Nicrative

I'm not exactly sure on how it works irl but just out of curiosity did you make sure to enable tacan, DL and IFF on the UFC?

Dont quote me but I'm pretty sure data link needs to have tacan enabled at the moment to work properly. This could have been cleared up somewhere else already as well.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf