Red Flag Training Missions - F/A-18C

Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to fly these with a human?

Not a stupid question at all!

It needs some love at triggers to be fully enjoyable and I have some doubt over the START WAIT USER RESPONSE ( press SPACE BAR function which is responsible for almost every interaction in the mission ) that could work in multiplayer.

I've made a simple example of the BFM mission to be played with another human player , you can download it here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=202211&d=1547583393

Just 2 things that need to be said:

- ATC may not work ( please test if SPACEBAR interaction works for both host and client )

- Colt 1-1 ( main SP character ) must remain alive since the end of the mission.

If you can test it for me would be a great favor! :thumbup:

Will do so tomorrow evening. Most of the time I am flying with a friend. We enjoyed another SIM before and still have a hard time creating enjoyable missions for ourself.

For ATC I think it might be enough when the Flightlead does the comms. The illusion of a working ATC is great at all at the moment.

Edited by Snapper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will do so tomorrow evening. Most of the time I am flying with a friend. We enjoyed another SIM before and still have a hard time creating enjoyable missions for ourself.

:thumbup:

For ATC I think it might be enough when the Flightlead does the comms. The illusion of a working ATC is great at all at the moment.

It's not over yet. You will see in the next SEAD mission I'm working on.

It will have other flights that interact with ATC on proper frequencies.

My goal is to create many Red and Blue flights that starts from Nellis AFB , interact with Airboss and then Nellis ATC again for landing.

With this complete I can create every Red Flag mission I have in mind.

It's not over yet. You will see in the next SEAD mission I'm working on.

It will have other flights that interact with ATC on proper frequencies.

My goal is to create many Red and Blue flights that starts from Nellis AFB , interact with Airboss and then Nellis ATC again for landing.

With this complete I can create every Red Flag mission I have in mind.

That would be taking ATC and takeoff/landing coordination to a pretty big step higher. Just like the way it naturally should be.

I look forward to that mission.

All the best and cheers

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That would be taking ATC and takeoff/landing coordination to a pretty big step higher. Just like the way it naturally should be.

I look forward to that mission.

All the best and cheers

A true takeoff/landing coordination will be very difficult to achieve but at least I try.

Cant wait to see a mass lauch of 80 aircrafts with full comms with ATC. :pilotfly:

@beppe_goodoldrebel

would it be possible for you to give every mission one or to mission goals ?

100 pts for player is alive ....

or somethings else

for single mission it has no meaning,

but someone could create a static campaign from all missions. :music_whistling:

too much ...

@beppe_goodoldrebel

would it be possible for you to give every mission one or to mission goals ?

100 pts for player is alive ....

or somethings else

for single mission it has no meaning,

but someone could create a static campaign from all missions. :music_whistling:

I can make 100 if player hits the ground for parking... and a campaign version in the next release of course :-)

For some reason pressing "Spacebar" does nothing for me. Can't figure out why... I had the same problem with an m2000 mission from Baltic Dragon. It is NOT bound to anything else. Nothing happens when I press it. Real shame as I would love to enjoy these missions.

Also- might I asked what software you used for the voice overs? It reminds me of another sim:) Would love to be able to produce similiar voice overs for missions!

Edited by zionid

For some reason pressing "Spacebar" does nothing for me. Can't figure out why... I had the same problem with an m2000 mission from Baltic Dragon. It is NOT bound to anything else. Nothing happens when I press it. Real shame as I would love to enjoy these missions.

Also- might I asked what software you used for the voice overs? It reminds me of another sim:) Would love to be able to produce similiar voice overs for missions!

Check your controls, it must be bound to something else. Either in an external program that interacts with dcs or within DC's itself.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Did the testflight this evening. First problem was my friend was not able get into his jet.It was necessary to switch the F18Cs from Player to Client to make it work, which wasn't really a surprise.

Inside the pit ARTIS worked fine for #1 but wasn't hearable for #2.

Both clients got the text messages and voice messages but the spacebar only worked for #1.

In the BFM area we had to fight two F5 and I got killed during the engagement.

#2 returned to Base and landed but still without any spacebar action.

Overall the mission setup is nice, we really liked the atmosphere. Would be a dream come true to get sufficient ATC and traffic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did the testflight this evening.

First of all ... Thank you guys!

First problem was my friend was not able get into his jet.It was necessary to switch the F18Cs from Player to Client to make it work, which wasn't really a surprise.

Both clients got the text messages and voice messages but the spacebar only worked for #1.

I tought Player was OK for multi.

My concern for SPACEBAR action was right , it's an HOST only action, that mean I have to create an F10 Menu radio item for every interaction to be sure it's 100% good to go.

Some days ago I found that ATIS didn't loop at all in another mission, maybe is this the case?

Did you check radio freq. as 270.10 ? Colt 1-1 and Colt 1-2 shares the same channels in the mission editor... I should check again to be sure.

In the BFM area we had to fight two F5 and I got killed during the engagement.

#2 returned to Base and landed but still without any spacebar action.

That's what I told you , some triggers are for Colt 1-1 only in this test version.

Overall the mission setup is nice, we really liked the atmosphere. Would be a dream come true to get sufficient ATC and traffic.

:thumbup:

Just you wait!

Yesterday I've made my first full "ATC compliant" AI group for the SEAD mission ... jeez man that was awesome!

Cant wait to make the second one and make a video of the result of three Blue groups launching from Nellis :)

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

Check gun trigger key is not "SPACEBAR" in the keyboard commands.

If so , give it another one and retry.

Free TTS websites , there are many around.

Springfield 1-1 and SHOWTIME are my voice , if they have italian accent you know why :D

All are mixed up with Audacity for radio noise effect.

Speaking of voice overs, some days ago I've added +10db to ALL of them to be more audible in game. Will be available in the next release.

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

Great mission set, only tried a couple so far..

Just a question on day 2 I think where you refuel and then engage the two F5s,

After hit passed WP 2 I think where you are then told to find the tanker on 26Y, I found him and flew towards him but I wasn’t sure how to contact for fuel?

I just tried all the frequencies until I got a reply, is that right or did I miss something?

At the merge with the F5s how do we employ the TST ordinance?

Is it a laser shot or something?

Anyway, every time I hit the trigger DCS crashes, I believe there is a fix for a similar bug where changing from CAP to TST would crash DCS.

Anyway great work,

Cheers

First of all ... Thank you guys!

Some days ago I found that ATIS didn't loop at all in another mission, maybe is this the case?

Did you check radio freq. as 270.10 ? Colt 1-1 and Colt 1-2 shares the same channels in the mission editor... I should check again to be sure

We checked the frequency while standing on the ramp. Both jets were listening to 270.10 but while #1 got the ATIS loop #2 heared nothing from ATIS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We checked the frequency while standing on the ramp. Both jets were listening to 270.10 but while #1 got the ATIS loop #2 heared nothing from ATIS.

Try this new iteration.

-Colt 1-2 can activate triggers

- no more spacebar , F10 menu items ( dont trust messages , I didnt changed them )

- ATIS should be ok now but I had a problem in the end when about to landing... I swear it's all good.. DCS is going mad.

Let me know!

BFM Training_COOP_TEST_V2.miz

Great mission set, only tried a couple so far..

Just a question on day 2 I think where you refuel and then engage the two F5s,

After hit passed WP 2 I think where you are then told to find the tanker on 26Y, I found him and flew towards him but I wasn’t sure how to contact for fuel?

I just tried all the frequencies until I got a reply, is that right or did I miss something?

At the merge with the F5s how do we employ the TST ordinance?

Is it a laser shot or something?

Anyway, every time I hit the trigger DCS crashes, I believe there is a fix for a similar bug where changing from CAP to TST would crash DCS.

Anyway great work,

Cheers

Check kneeboard for correct freq. Tanker is CH 7 COMM 2.

TST is a tracking pod used in Red Flag exercises for ACMI in the debrefings.

CAP AIM-9 are just training AIM-9 , you cant shoot them.

DCS crashes for shooting CAP should have been adressed in the yesterday's OB patch.

Try this new iteration.

-Colt 1-2 can activate triggers

- no more spacebar , F10 menu items ( dont trust messages , I didnt changed them )

- ATIS should be ok now but I had a problem in the end when about to landing... I swear it's all good.. DCS is going mad.

Let me know!

Will give it a try and let you know. Thx for your work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A video update on adding full ATC to AI.

All chatter are on actual radio freq. so you can stick with yours or listen all as you wish.

As you can see in the video I got almost all messages.

Landing ATC is also included , not in video as WIP.

Tower use motivational quotes if you been caught over-cautios on checklist. :lol: