[DCS Bf109K4] Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

Thanks! You can tweak the sdef files to increase the volume. Be advised the mod was not tested with louder gunsound so you might get unsatisfying results.

For external gun sounds: DCS World\Mods\Bf-109K4 IDB Mod\Sounds\sdef\Weapons

Internal: DCS World\Mods\Bf-109K4 IDB Mod\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Bf-109K-4\Cockpit

Just enter a higher gain value, save and test it ingame. Also you have to restart the game everytime you change a value.

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No problem, I'm glad to help.

Best program to get is Notepad++, it can open many kinds of text and code files.

Just a remidner, a new version of this mod is in the works but due to studies completion will take at least a month. There are some issues I need to sort out before publishing it which is a time consuming process.

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A small teaser feauturing some of the new sounds I'm working on for this version for those who still hang in there waiting for the release.

[ame]

[/ame]

Things still need to be shaped up a little and I have some more nice things in mind before calling it done.

Edited by 5tuka
  • Like 1

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This sounds great, but does it have to be so much louder than the other modules? I have to adjust my volume each time I fly the 109 if I use these sounds.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

This sounds great, but does it have to be so much louder than the other modules? I have to adjust my volume each time I fly the 109 if I use these sounds.

Thx! About he volume, this is pretty important feedback I need to improve on the sound balance (which is one of my major goals with this release). It's always difficult to start somewhere and work it out but once you have a solid base fine adjustments are easier to make.

I'll again compare it to the other stock DCS modules and adjust it as nessecary.

Will you be doing any other sound mods to dcs top job thumbup.gif

Thx. Although I'm sure this won't be my last project it also took much time to create which I have to keep in mind before starting sth new. So I really can't tell for now.

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello dallas48

Intressant your question concerning guns sounds for the Bf-109, have indeed asked the same question in the download section of his mods.

So my question to you, because you now know the correct settings for the cannon sounds the Bf-109 K and know how to adjust the.

Can you please tell me where I which lines and how much I have to adjust loudness in JSGME Mod. This for external and internal cannon sound.

I prefer to finally hear something when you shoot birds ... and the nice and loud!:joystick:

Please see my attached pictures.

Sorry for my bad english.

Challenger444

Hi 5tuka

Man that sounds fantastic!

Only thing is I can hardly hear the guns.

Is there a file or something I can tweek to make them louder?

1491624099_ExternalgunsoundsBF-109K.thumb.JPG.947bcd21a70927bcef61ac539e932667.JPG

1006705165_InternalgunsoundsBF-109K.thumb.JPG.99c467902b415a5cca6c7f246a11dec4.JPG

Hallo dallas48

Ok, please can you write my, wheare you find the Site (DCS link) from Diveplanes Mod?

i try it, verry good sounds:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks

Challenger444

Hi Challenger,

I didnt change them, (was afraid I would mess something up)

I am using these until 5tuka releases his new updated mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy788ycvxu9byzh/Diveplane%27s%20unofficial%20soundpack%202.9.2.zip?dl=0

They are jsgme ready, just drop them in and activate.

Hi Challenger,

to answer your question, the gun sounds are located in these paths:

External: DCS World\Mods\Bf-109K4 IDB Mod\Sounds\sdef\Weapons

Internal: DCS World\Mods\Bf-109K4 IDB Mod\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Bf-109K-4\Cockpit

To increase volume of the both guns you need to edit all MG151 and MK103 files respectively by increasing the "gain" value.

Gun sounds themself are divided in loop and stop sounds. Basicly this means that while pressing the trigger the game plays the loop sound. When leaving it the game stops the loop and plays the End sound instead.

You can create backups of the mod sdef files and experiment a little on your own. Just keep in mind to restart DCS everytime you change sth. It's very intuitive and doesn't require great coder skills once you got used to it.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi 5tuka

Thanks for the help, I will according to your instructions a little experimentieren.Ich'll see if I manage it. The sound is simply incredible, sometimes I repeat the flyby several times ...

One more question, if I (with several airplanes and) in JSGME install your latest sound Mod Packet, an error message. JSGME says there is already a mod with e.g., Skullz's Genuine Huey UH-1 Sound Mod 2.5 and BF-109 elector Sound Mod Immersive Daimler Benz Mod v1.1 installed and these mods are a gray background ...

Can I install just one sound Mod and then must disable "other sound mods"?

thank you

Challenger444

Hi Challenger,

to answer your question, the gun sounds are located in these paths:

External: DCS World\Mods\Bf-109K4 IDB Mod\Sounds\sdef\Weapons

To increase volume of the both guns you need to edit all MG151 and MK103 files respectively by increasing the "gain" value.

Gun sounds themself are divided in loop and stop sounds. Basicly this means that while pressing the trigger the game plays the loop sound. When leaving it the game stops the loop and plays the End sound instead.

You can create backups of the mod sdef files and experiment a little on your own. Just keep in mind to restart DCS everytime you change sth. It's very intuitive and doesn't require great coder skills once you got used to it.

89710089_DiveplanesModJPG.thumb.JPG.ac5f81d13da33c467acacc4985699e3e.JPG

Error.thumb.JPG.a2ac2caa099ff0612b52d54ee307686c.JPG

Edited by Challenger444

The error message appears whenever you try to overwrite a file already included in another mod. This can lead to malufunctions of some things in the greyed out mods but doesn't nessecarily have to. It's better to test and - if it really harms other mods - look for the file that is causing trouble.

German: Die Fehlermeldung tritt auf, weil du bei der Installation meines Mods Dateien einer anderen Mod überschreibst. Das kann unter Umständen dazu führen, dass ein paar Dinge in der ausgegrauten Mod nicht mehr ordnungsgemäß funktionieren, muss es aber nicht.

Am bessten wäre es, das ganze im Spiel zu testen und - falls es Probleme geben sollte - die besagten Dateienausfindig zu machen.

Edit: My mod is not compatible with diveplanes sound pack. If you like to install diveplanes pack for other aircrafts you need to install his sound pack first via JSGME and the IDB mod after it.

Meine Mod ist nicht mit diveplanes soundpack kompatibel. Wenn du diveplanes Soundpack für alle anderen Flugzeuge benutzen möchtest, musst du mit JSGME zuerst das soundpack installieren und danach den IDB Mod.

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, just copy the folder from the Rar file into your Mods libary.

Btw, today I compared my mod to the default modules to verify gavgei's report and I agree it's too loud. This means I have to rebalance everything which sets the release of the new version back a little but hopefully for good.

And pls remember that feedback is always welcome - especially about things you don't like.

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

!Warning, if you use headphones lower volume before watching!

Just a test of the new flyby sound. I've exchanged some samples and completely rebalanced the whole mod to make flybys sound more realistic and balanced to other prop aircraft in DCS.

Note: Quality is better ingame due to YouTube sound compression.

[ame]

[/ame]

I'm trying to keep my "to do" list as short as possible but being a perfectionist I always manage to find ugly spots that need touchups. However, having made good progress the last days I'm very close to reaching my goal and eventually starting a new project.

• Like 1

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]