Best lube for my TCWS Throttle ?

Timotsuky

Hello,

Today i bought a silicone grease from WD-40, the problem is that my TCWS HOTAS Throttle is a lot sticky, and it's still sticky with the grease i've bought, so i'm asking you guys what do you suggest me to buy instead of this silicone grease from WD-40, i've heard about the white lithium grease from the same brand.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Today i bought a silicone grease from WD-40, the problem is that my TCWS HOTAS Throttle is a lot sticky, and it's still sticky with the grease i've bought, so i'm asking you guys what do you suggest me to buy instead of this silicone grease from WD-40, i've heard about the white lithium grease from the same brand.

Thanks in advance

Hope you aware that the friction on the throttle can be reduce by adjusting the screw underneath the throttle.

Push the throttle forward and use a Phillip screw to loosen it.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hope you aware that the friction on the throttle can be reduce by adjusting the screw underneath the throttle.

Push the throttle forward and use a Phillip screw to loosen it.

I know, i'm not stupid thanks.

Thanks you're the second person who suggest me that product, thanks!

Swiss arms. C'est de l'huile silicone en aerosol pour airsoft. C'est pas cher et ça va très bien (fluide et durable).

Super merci à toi :D

Celle ci ? https://www.destockage-games.com/catalogue-les_produits_d_entretiens-spray_huile_silicone_aps3_power_booster_130ml_swiss_arms_603559-parent-173-fiche-3559966035597.html

Tu as un TCWS comme moi?

Edited by Timotsuky

Timotsuky I am sorry if I came out wrong about the way I presented my suggestions. Looking at my thread again, I can see why you felt so.

My intention was really well meaning and never to met to insult your intelligence.

All the best

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Timotsuky I am sorry if I came out wrong about the way I presented my suggestions. Looking at my thread again, I can see why you felt so.

My intention was really well meaning and never to met to insult your intelligence.

All the best

No worries man, cheers ;)

• 3 months later...

I tried various lubricants, and found it basically made no difference.

The only way the throttle is usable to me, is removing the friction plate completely. Even then, its hardly silky smooth.

The problem seems to be the lack of linear bearings, so if you apply any pressure that is not in the direction of the rails, like some twist or particularly if you tilt the lever backwards, it simply locks up. Even without friction plate. It works okay if you apply some down pressure.

Its a cheap device, and I think everything else works pretty well (the POV hats are fine, I love the front levers, even the mini joystick is more usable than I expected), but for its main function, ie, being a throttle, its really unimpressive and only barely usable IMO.

If Im bored, I may try designing some 3d printable replacement part that lets me mount proper linear bearings. May not be easy, there is no room for traditional linear bearing unless I also relocate the shafts.