Oh no! After 20yrs of service, it broke!

sirrah

My beloved Cougar just broke :cry:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10302

It seems to be a metal fatigue related thing. I'm a bit surprised it broke at this point though.

"Funny" thing is, it broke just 2 seconds before I had to make a crash landing in my severely damaged Hornet in vr. How's that for immersion!! :P

Ah well.. 20 years is not bad I guess and it gives me a little push in the back to go for the Warthog

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Man... it's always very sad when one's joystick evetually dies, whichever the reason may be.

In my case it was the roll axis potentiometer of my Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner... after 17 years.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223245

Is it forever dead, or will you try to repair it ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

OP - I think a proper service is required for such a distinguished service member. We appreciate your Cougars valued service.

Salute!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I wouldn’t personnally call that twenty years since they didn’t come out till ‘02 but to each their own.

There’s always a chance you can order the part. Even if you purchase a new stick, probably eouldn’t be a lot of expense to keep that one from being a paper weight.

My beloved Cougar just broke :cry:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10302

It seems to be a metal fatigue related thing. I'm a bit surprised it broke at this point though.

"Funny" thing is, it broke just 2 seconds before I had to make a crash landing in my severely damaged Hornet in vr. How's that for immersion!! :P

Ah well.. 20 years is not bad I guess and it gives me a little push in the back to go for the Warthog

I think I kept those parts when I modded mines. If I can find them ill gladly ship them to you

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

OP - I think a proper service is required for such a distinguished service member. We appreciate your Cougars valued service.

Salute!

Hehe :thumbup:

I wouldn’t personnally call that twenty years since they didn’t come out till ‘02 but to each their own.

Oh, guess I stand corrected then. Really thought I purchased it somewhere around my 20th birthday. Well 16 years of service is still pretty decent.

I think I kept those parts when I modded mines. If I can find them ill gladly ship them to you

Thanks for the offer Immel, but don't bother. I allready bought a second hand TM Warthog yesterday.

Not sure if it's possible, but I thought I'd try connecting both the Warthog and the Cougar and use the Cougar only for its switches (easier than blindly trying to find keys on my keyboard when in VR)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ah well.. 20 years is not bad I guess

So you bought that Cougar in 1998 then where Thrustmaster released the Cougar only in 2002. Somethings a bit off...:joystick:

Edit: Rainmaker beat me.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Mine broke several years ago. Emailed TM, they sent me a replacement part. Used it a few more years. Sadly, tried hooking it back up a few month ago and I couldn't get it to work.

I just connected a new Warthog, and am now looking how to set it up properly. Mostly, I'm trying to see if I can use the INC/DEC slider for zoom...

I just connected a new Warthog, and am now looking how to set it up properly. Mostly, I'm trying to see if I can use the INC/DEC slider for zoom...

Yes you can :)

In the control options go to your axis setup and there is a zoom somewhere. Map it to the slider axis and you're good to go :)

Yes you can :)

In the control options go to your axis setup and there is a zoom somewhere. Map it to the slider axis and you're good to go :)

Tried that. I think. Found the option, tried to assign axis, but it wasn't 'selectable' to assign.

Downloaded and read through the "CTS" stuff...thought it would be simple, but so far, just messes everything up.

The 'default' method worked, but not that slider, so tried to find something to work. Not nearly as simple as the old Foxy throttle and joystick macros.

Tried that. I think. Found the option, tried to assign axis, but it wasn't 'selectable' to assign.

Downloaded and read through the "CTS" stuff...thought it would be simple, but so far, just messes everything up.

The 'default' method worked, but not that slider, so tried to find something to work. Not nearly as simple as the old Foxy throttle and joystick macros.

Do you maybe have TIR or something?

That could interfere with zoom maybe.

But, the slider is just like any other axis.. If you can assign like a throttle or something, you can assign the slider.

It should really be as simple as that, either something *is* wrong, or you're doing something wrong..

Are you also selecting the correct axis box in the axis commands? The throttle column and such?