Get out cockpit and walk arround

MessiJ

Yes but walk you will and very slowly.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

and controls for the pilot. Proper ones (WASD or arrows) and why not... a flight model for the pilot and pilot in chute.

... and different chutes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It would be great getting out of cockpit without ejection and walking around with synchronization with other players in MP environment. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

It would be great getting out of cockpit without ejection and walking around with synchronization with other players in MP environment. :)

With melee, and watch rampage unfold :).

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I know this wish seems to go off-rails and people throwing "great" ideas on top, but I'd actually prefer a proper walking/running game-mechanic both before and after flight. This would give us the opportunity to do external preflight and have a reason for the aircraft to be left on ramp after shut down, instead of the current "player leaves, aircraft disappears".

Naturally a lot of people would be annoyed by this, I get it. And such a system is likely never coming to the game.

But hey, this is the wishlist.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I don't asking for a realistic FPS view with body awarness, but just a simple wasd moving view with "teleportation" in/out in the cockpit just to be able to look at or aircraft before and after the flight. Have an idea of its size.

iirc this was an option way back in 1.1 or 1.2.xxx Right Alt (AltGR) & J was assigned as get in / get out,

so it worked same as in F2 view now, but when on the tarmac with canopy open the pilot got out and could be walked around with ',./ or arrow keys can't remember which

and iircf you could walk up to another plane / vehicle and get in, so you could have 3 or 4 AI uncontrolled aircraft on the ground you could walk up to get in to and take each one for a spin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

First improvement would be to have a synchronized MP ejected pilot. You can see him in MP (which wasn't always the case some time ago, so thanks ED), but as soon as you are moving, it doesn't show in MP so it kinda kills the fun for SAR. Ultimately, being able to board the choppa and fly away with it would be awesome.

I don't want a walking simulator. Don't walk, fly!

Happy landings,

Talisman

I wouldn't like that either, but keeping the player strictly in the cockpit, or outside only after ejection misses out on some proper opportunities. I don't think there would ever really be a reason to fully fledge the functionality, but as said, an exterior preflight-check would add to the immersion. I don't really have real gameplay reasons to have it, other than have the aircraft be on the ramp before the player interacts with it, and leave it there after said player has left... all airfields seem so empty when you park to the ramp and see 1 by 1 aircraft just disappear.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I don't want a walking simulator. Don't walk, fly!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Such feature should be absolutely optional for people that don't want it.

When you choose the airfield/airplane you should be asked if rampstarting where do you want to start: In cockpit or down beside the plane for walk-around.

This feature should be also mission/server enforceable. If the mission suppose you do a pre-flight (for some sneaky in flight failures) player should be force to do the preflight (or skip it by directly climbing in the cockpit and fail in mid-air because of it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Isn't that planned for the future aircraft carrier modules ?

Saw that somewhere too :unsure:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Saw that somewhere too :unsure:

Yes, in the official newsletter that announced the carrier DLCs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2659915&postcount=13

We see 2016 as a big year for aircraft carrier operations as we plan to release both Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier modules. Both of these modules will be incredibly detailed models with working elevators, interior hanger bays, animated ship systems, and the ability to walk around inside the ships.

It's not clear yet what that means exactly.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 year later...