How to: Lock Aim-9x with JHMD on onto a bandit inside HUD

-Painter-

Hello guys,

as the title says:

How can I get a lock with the Aim-9x with the JHMD on inside the HUD FOV?

I can get a lock to the side when I look outside the HUD area - but I struggle to lock a bandit who is just infront of me with JHMD on. Does it work just like the same with the only difference, that I do not see the symbology of the JHMD inside the HUD area or is there anything special I need to take care of? To me it seems like when I look forward with JHMD on the Aim-9x seeker gets centred boresight and I can't get it to lock on a target in front.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To my knologe when you are looking at the HUD the sidewinder's seeker head is no longe slaved to the JMHCS, so you will have to steer to put the seeker head on the bandit and uncage it when you have tone

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

if you mean radar boresight mode yes that's an option too but will give away your position on rwr if he wasn't already aware

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Can't you just use Boresight when the target is in the HUD?

I think what @raelias described is precisely what you suggested - boresight mode, without radar lock.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB