12k @ smartphone size screen // Graphene Display research

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Very interesting...

"We showcased GIMOD prototypes of 2500 pixels per inch (ppi) in the Mobile World Congress, and many players from the display industry reacted quite enthusiastically. While participating in several business contests in Germany, I have been preparing the team and securing capital. In few weeks, we will launch the startup to commercialize GIMOD components, aiming to tackle the VR market because that is where GIMOD outperforms every other technology."

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-11-graphene-flickers-400hz-2500ppi.html#jCp

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yep, the current tech wouldnt fix it.

OK, we may get the display now, but what about the matching GPU....JAW DROP...none in sight that could run that many pixels, from TWO viewpoints.

David, we are caught in a maze and the onyl way out is buying mo hardware

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hopefully, some used equipment from NSA, and/or NRO, will come onto the market. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK, we may get the display now, but what about the matching GPU....JAW DROP...none in sight that could run that many pixels, from TWO viewpoints.

Do what the human eye does. We see a VERY narrow HD view of the world. Our brain is tricked into thinking we see everything in HD. So foveated rendering (what our eye does) is the answer.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Will have to have eye tracking tech for sure.

We have dynamic focus, VR needs this too.

"The region of your vision in which you can see in high detail is actually much smaller than most think—just a few degrees across the center of your view."

https://www.roadtovr.com/why-eye-tracking-is-a-game-changer-for-vr-headsets-virtual-reality/

Edit: sniped by hansangb lol

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Do what the human eye does. We see a VERY narrow HD view of the world. Our brain is tricked into thinking we see everything in HD. So foveated rendering (what our eye does) is the answer.

Indeed, I had that exact same idea or theory ( I am no Eye Doctor ) that

from what "I" see with "MY" eyes, it ain't all sharp. It's sharp where I focus and the rest is blurry, a side arrangement to fill the scene with context and 3d-understanding etc.. but what we see is a very narrow tunnel, the faster we drive the narrower the tunnel like with tunnelvision in extreme.

Motion Blurr is also natural. With 200km/h + on the Autobahn you immediatly say YES to this. Fly Mach 1 and you say Y EE SSSS to motion blurr, its too fast to get it properly.

edit

++double sniped LoL we have consense, nonetheless

Now, when we really get 4-6-8 or even 12 or 16k VR goggles, aren't we overdoing it, stressing the eye too much but rather use "AI" to find out whats really needed and blurr the rest ? I'd say give it a chance

Hopefully, some used equipment from NSA, and/or NRO, will come onto the market. ;)

Send me the link when you find the parts ! :music_whistling:

Indeed, I had that exact same idea or theory ( I am no Eye Doctor ) that

from what "I" see with "MY" eyes, it ain't all sharp. It's sharp where I focus and the rest is blurry, a side arrangement to fill the scene with context and 3d-understanding etc.. but what we see is a very narrow tunnel, the faster we drive the narrower the tunnel like with tunnelvision in extreme.

Motion Blurr is also natural. With 200km/h + on the Autobahn you immediatly say YES to this. Fly Mach 1 and you say Y EE SSSS to motion blurr, its too fast to get it properly.

edit

++double sniped LoL we have consense, nonetheless

Now, when we really get 4-6-8 or even 12 or 16k VR goggles, aren't we overdoing it, stressing the eye too much but rather use "AI" to find out whats really needed and blurr the rest ? I'd say give it a chance

Me recently while driving from FRA to karlsruhe:

Me: Guys, I have to get off the conf call, I'm driving.

Them: What, you can't drive and talk?

Me: Not on the autobahn, I can't. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

oh hell yes !

But our system is so much simpler and the reason why we can drive that fast.

We only, and ONLY ( you go to jail ) overtake on the LEFT side.

No, and really NO car will ever overtake you on the right side, that is the one but crucial law to obey.

When I drove in the States 1st. time I knew immediatly why you are onyl allowed 55 or 65mph, you drive like crazy :) overtake on either side, waahhhnsinn, pure madness in a german autobahn brain.

When you drive 230km/h left lane and a Porsche blinks on you, approaching with like 300km/h you can SAFELY give way if you pull just to the right, no one should ever get in your way if your LOS is free on the further right lane.

If you would overtake both sides, where would you escape to ?

We have really many US soldiers in my area, thr KMC is iirc the largest spot of US Forces anywhere outside USA, even most of those areway smaller. so we have MANY of those ladies and gentlemen on our roads, with all the cars you have in the states too, they really dont fit our roads, but thats another story. Anyway, most of them stay on the RIGHT lane with the trucks and dont even dare to take the left lanes, too scared. Most of them drive really defensive, our rule set is far more complicated as you know and they are just tilted I guess. takes a few month and years to get into it I guess.

I was speeding with a Cop lately, oohhhh...was not good...they had a undercover car and I thought...bahhhh 100km/h limit, need to got Frankfirt/Main..NOW...overtook that car and while I passed it I got that strange feeling something aint right with that car. The lights went on and I had a nice 30min stop in a Parking Spot on the Autobahn, Papers, trunk, have you been drinking, .... in the end I lost the whole day baaahh.

Usually I am not speeding anymore, I take it really relaxed but that got me cold..LoL

Ahhh, good ol K-Town Kaiserslautern! One more funny story. US Servicemen are not allowed to speed on the Autobahn. I was once in a CUC-V (Chevy Blazer) with an MP who had his lights on. But on the far side. I told him..."can we turn off the lights, it's kind of embarrassing" LOL

And I hope the display goes on sale SOON!

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Ahhh, you know my hometown then, I was born in K-Town actually and live just 25km away up north west in the hills, very rural and quiet but a good cable pipe ;)

You'd be astound how much has changed on Base and around, they have a 2nd strip now and made it longer so the C-5 can take off with max TOW and no immediate AAR needed.

Instead of F-4's and F-16's we have Cargo planes only now, kinda boring. But since I live on the edge of Baumholder Training Area I get to see them all :) A-10s, Apaches, Tornados, EF's, everything that the Nato has flies over my house to enter the area, kinda like NTTR.